Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Let's just be blunt.

Obama isn't destroying anything.
Bush isn't destroying anything.

There are a LOT of people on here who want to incessantly blame the other side, who want to insist a man who they have never met who has raised an excellent family and is doing his job (I don't care what twisted world you live in, the man is doing his job whether he's doing it in the way you agree or not). And yet people want to call him "worthless" and insist he's horrible just because you disagree with him politically.

And yet we call THEM the politicians?

The most vocal voters, and this is a group gaining more and more publicity, are what is destroying this country. THEY are the ones that encourage the politics by acting like they do - seperating and demeaning people on political beliefs alone. Democrats and Republicans, both.

The government is doing what their constituents put them into office for and yet you will find every reason to insult the PERSON - not even their behavior but the PERSON. You've never met Obama. What gives you any right to insult the mans personality just because you disagree with him politically - same with Bush and any President before them.

I tell you now, all of these men and women are elected. The only people, ONLY PEOPLE responsible for the destruction of this country are these Americans. And not because they have a disenting opinion. But because YOU are the ones making things political. YOU are the ones who lie and degrade and demean while the politicians you HATE are constantly trying to bipartisan and non-political options - and then you will insult them again! These people can do nothing right in your eyes because you don't CARE - you don't actually want to fix this country. You want these people to fall at your beck and call and if they can't magically make things the way YOU want it then you will bash and destroy them.

Every day I live in this country is another day I believe human beings aren't capable of freedom, let alone deserving.

Grow up and stop acting like children. Everyone deserves respect including the President, even on the Internet - I personally think the moderators should start punishing people who insult the President PERSONALLY which happens a lot on this forums.

The fact is, President doesn't have a magic button that controls the economy, the budget, or anything else. So to blame him for absolutely EVERYTHING is absolutely ridiculous.

Received

True love waits in haunted attics
Mar 21, 2002
Visit site
✟38,594.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You can't stop the chain at Americans. Americans are dumb because of culture, which implicates people in the past, which includes social experimenters. Example: Edward Bernays begins to apply his uncle Freud's views of the unconscious to human behavior and ends up creating what led to full-fledged consumerism today. A lot of this really did start with his idea, particularly when in the 20s he staged a couple of women smoking cigarettes, which led to a riot by other women in society, who previously weren't smokers, to pick up the flame. The vast majority of this consumerism is perpetuated by clever advertisers and marketers who appeal to similar unconscious routes to get people to buy things they don't need. They would know better, of course, if they were actually sufficiently educated, which they've always wanted but no politician seems willing to give -- which implicates fundamental problems in democracy (notably the two party system, and how the population often wants significantly different offerings than are presented by either party).

It's all subtly multisystemic. Blaming one group only implicates another.

Upvote 0

FaithLikeARock

Let the human mind loose.
Nov 19, 2007
California
✟4,662.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I've never understood the concept of patriotism either. As if waving a flag and blindly proclaiming your country as the best makes you patriotic. If you truly love something, you want to see it improve and you can see the flaws. And I'm not talking in your disagreements with other philosophies - in the history, in the system, in the general actions and behavior.

Upvote 0

citizenthom

I'm not sayin'. I'm just sayin'.
Nov 10, 2009
✟12,912.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Personal attacks are nothing new in politics, even American politics. We managed to do just fine in the Founding Era despite some pretty nasty public name-calling, even by the elected officials themselves.

Sorry, better look for another cause of our current ills--maybe the inferior quality of our elected officials themselves.

Upvote 0
M

Martingale

The fact is, President doesn't have a magic button that controls the economy, the budget, or anything else. So to blame him for absolutely EVERYTHING is absolutely ridiculous.

I blame the dear leader for everything. on the other hand, he takes credit for things he's not responsible for so it balances out.

its a fantasy to pretend that american politics is anything but a dogfight, winner take all, with personal attacks, smears, spinning part of business as usual. its always been that way and always will be that way.

its just politics, nothing personal and that's why american democracy is so great.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

circa02

Mar 19, 2003
Norwalk, CT
Visit site
✟17,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What is destroying America is the entitlement mentality that declares one man may rightly live at the expense of another. Politicians simply pander to that desire.

Isn't that what taxation is all about? If you don't pay to help others, you go to jail.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟171,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There is another way of looking at all this. Call me a cynic- but America was built on the notion of getting rid of the sacred for the freedom to do as one pleases. I really don't see anything these days except the logical conclusion of the initial action. Don't you enjoy the iconoclasm which has become your birthright? It was a doomed experiment before it ever began, really. We're in the final death knells.

Upvote 0
M

Martingale

There is another way of looking at all this. Call me a cynic- but America was built on the notion of getting rid of the sacred for the freedom to do as one pleases. I really don't see anything these days except the logical conclusion of the initial action. Don't you enjoy the iconoclasm which has become your birthright? It was a doomed experiment before it ever began, really. We're in the final death knells.

I think that's another strawman argument. nothing in the revolution or the articles of confederation or the constitution is about getting rid of the sacred. and every liberty guaranteed by the constitution has a corresponding responsibility. that's basic history.

Upvote 0

lordbt

$
Feb 23, 2007
Mentor, Ohio
✟19,508.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think that's another strawman argument. nothing in the revolution or the articles of confederation or the constitution is about getting rid of the sacred. and every liberty guaranteed by the constitution has a corresponding responsibility. that's basic history.
The only responsibility associated with liberty is simply to respect the rights and liberty of others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟361,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
What is destroying America is the entitlement mentality that declares one man may rightly live at the expense of another. Politicians simply pander to that desire.
I agree with that, but with a very different framework from you I'd bet.

Upvote 0

Douger

Veteran
Oct 2, 2004
✟165,821.00
Faith
Christian
As a world power, America is finished, that time came and went. But other than that, America isn't being destroyed. America is just being America.
It isn't a thing or an idea, it's a place, and the people who've lived in that place have always had differences. At least now, their nowhere near open warfare.
America's just chugging along.

Upvote 0

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

Very true. The Founding Fathers were deeply religious men who help religion, faith, and the sacred as sacred.

Upvote 0