American View of Americans

How do you feel about America?

• I love this country! I will go where I am called!

• I love this country, but I hate our government and the war!

• I hate this country

• Other Non-American

• Other-American

Results are only viewable after voting.

NPH

Jul 25, 2005
✟6,871.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
It has been a good convo. I haven't had one like this in quite awhile. Just a couple of folks batting forth ideas instead of the constant one upsmanship all the time in GA.

Have fun playing Warcraft. Maybe, I will start a thread about this another time.

:wave: Lisa

Ditto :D

And while I believe I am right in my opinion on the future of humanity, I could very well be absolutely wrong lol. Only time will tell, and that'll be well after both of us are long gone. :D

Upvote 0

MacCoyle

Non-Partisan
Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
✟8,737.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh, yes, it took the War of Northern Aggression to still the question of States Rights once and for all, although, down here in the South, there is STILL some remaining pride in our heritage.

Please do not misunderstand. People take no pride in the history of abominable slavery. It is about other things.

Do you guys really call it that. The Southern states, mainly South Carolina were very against States rights. The reason they seceded was because the feds were not stopping states rights in the North. They were angry that some states refused to return slaves when they were required to by Federal law. The Civil war was about slavery.

Do not call it the War of Northern Agression, that is misleading and false.

Upvote 0

WiredSpirit

and all God's people said... meh
Jul 5, 2004
Evansville
✟2,698.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Honestly, I'm not a big patriot. God doesn't see political boundaries and IMO we shouldn't either. Christianity on a whole is given a bad reputation by being associated with this country. We don't want to recognize free-will of personal morality but we accept and celebrate a corrupt corporate-political regime that exploits the less fortunate of the world.

So with that said, I hate a lot of what goes on in this country. I especially hate that my faith is associated with it, but I love my community. I work with people of all faiths to make it a better place. Our government has let us down, but the spirit of the people is amazing.

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Respect Catholics and the Mother Church!
Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do you guys really call it that. The Southern states, mainly South Carolina were very against States rights. The reason they seceded was because the feds were not stopping states rights in the North. They were angry that some states refused to return slaves when they were required to by Federal law. The Civil war was about slavery.

Do not call it the War of Northern Agression, that is misleading and false.

Let me just say that the victor always writes the history books.

While slavery was definitely the political platform, it was not truly the root cause of the war.

Please note that only 2% of the entire Confederacy army owned a single slave much less an entire plantation full.

Anyway, derail away. Our history is as much a part of why we love or hate this country as the current situations.

Lisa

Upvote 0

poohgirl

It's Great to be a Championship FLORIDA GATOR!
Oct 16, 2007
South
✟8,660.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I love this country and thankful for the freedom we have here.

I am saddened by the moral decline we are experiencing and the increase in violence throughout the country.

We have room for much improvement in a number of areas, but still I think we live in the best place overall.

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I love this country and thankful for the freedom we have here.

I am saddened by the moral decline we are experiencing and the increase in violence throughout the country.

We have room for much improvement in a number of areas, but still I think we live in the best place overall.

I do too. :thumbsup:

Lisa

Upvote 0

TexasSky

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2006
Texas
✟12,139.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I love my country, and I am a very patriotic American. I even still think she is the best country in the world today.

However, I think she has a lot of work to do, and always will. I think she makes mistakes on a huge scale, and needs to admit she can be wrong from time to time to correct those mistakes.

Currently, I'm not at all happy with torturing people, the fact that credit card companies are totally out of control and destroying people's lives without the government doing anything to enforce fair trade practices, and I'm more than a little upset that so many American jobs are being lost every day in the name of "world trade".

So, I love my country, and I would defend her against invaders, but I wouldn't sign up to go to some place like Iraq or Iran or Korea in the name of standing up for what is right when we are doing things equally wrong.

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I love my country, and I am a very patriotic American. I even still think she is the best country in the world today.

However, I think she has a lot of work to do, and always will. I think she makes mistakes on a huge scale, and needs to admit she can be wrong from time to time to correct those mistakes.

Currently, I'm not at all happy with torturing people, the fact that credit card companies are totally out of control and destroying people's lives without the government doing anything to enforce fair trade practices, and I'm more than a little upset that so many American jobs are being lost every day in the name of "world trade".

So, I love my country, and I would defend her against invaders, but I wouldn't sign up to go to some place like Iraq or Iran or Korea in the name of standing up for what is right when we are doing things equally wrong.

I definitely sympathize with that. This country is far from perfect and our government is corrupt, and I am not talking partisan here. I am saying it doesn't matter who is in office. They are ALL corrupt.

I think the country is so large that it just cannot be managed. We need a separate body for economic. A separate body for the laws. A separate body for social issues. A separate body for military, and a separate body for education.

It shouldn't be this self-interest paying its way to become what happens in this country. It should be about what the people want. It should not be about money, but about society.

Lisa

Upvote 0

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
They are a bunch of loud, hairy, oily creatures!

It's not my fault I have naturally oily hair and skin! Do you think I like having to pay extra for prescription strength dandruff shampoo?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums