Michigan
✟2,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
This is what the democrats would do here if not for the 1st and 2nd Amendment. Never forget.

Identitarian leader Martin Sellner and Brittany Pettibone arrested in police state Britain

The UK has detained Identitarian leader Martin Sellner and his girlfriend Brittany Pettibone for having the audacity of wanting to hold a speech at the Speaker’s Corner in London.

Lauren Southern has revealed, that after speaking with Brittany Pettibone on the phone, the police have detained the couple separately and for the ‘crime’ of having right-wing opinions as well as wanting to interview Tommy Robinson and holding their speech.

Southern went further by asking if it is now safe at all for people with openly held right-wing opinions like her to travel to England if they risk detention like her friends.

Daring to criticise Islam, a believe system which should be open to criticism like any other, puts you at risk of being put in jail in the UK. When ‘thoughtcrimes’ become punishable, the police state has clearly arrived.

Ask it Britain first leaders Jayda Fransen and Paul Golding, who were recently convicted of stirring up racial hatred for exposing Muslim grooming gangs.

The late Christopher Hitchens warned about these sorts of developments back in 2009 and the detrimental consequences they would lead to by supporting the ridiculous notion of criminalising the made up term of Islamophobia:

“Ladies and gentlemen I besiege you. Resist it while you still can and before the right to complain is taken away from you, which will the next thing. You will be told you can’t complain because you are Islamophobic.”

Or like George Orwell said:

“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”

And Hungary’s Prime Minister Viktor Orban:

“It is forbidden to say that immigration brings crime and terror to our countries”
“It is forbidden to say that the arriving masses from other cultures are a threat to our way of life, our culture, our habits and our Christian traditions.”

If you agree with these quotes, be warned: Britain is watching you!​

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Hungary’s Prime Minister Viktor Orban Is a far right fascist. As are Golding and Fransen, who are thankfully in jail where they belong. I don’t know your American couple, but if they were there to see the violent fascist thug Tommy Robinson, then they also likely belong in a cell.

You seem to defend nazis and fascists a lot. Is there something you’d likely to share with us?

Upvote 0

DZoolander

Persnickety Member
Apr 24, 2007
Far far away
✟120,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's an interesting question, to me.

In this age where information is all pretty much treated equally or given near equal footing - ought there be any consequences for spreading misinformation to provoke people to action?

We see the consequences here in America - where we are more polarized than ever - and I'd argue orchestrated to be so by those very type of forces. Is leaving it unchecked as we do a good thing, then?

Personally, I'm not sure. I don't know if I would go about jailing people, but maybe some sort of system where you can report crap you see and if it turns out to be both flat out false and incendiary - there's a hefty fine levied for it? Where if a profit can be determined to have been derived (think click bait garbage) - both the ascertained profit + 50% gets fined? lol

Upvote 0

DZoolander

Persnickety Member
Apr 24, 2007
Far far away
✟120,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
If it were up to me - I'd start with the people who put fake quotes over pictures of George Washington & Thomas Jefferson... Ya know, stuff like this -

washingtongun.jpg

Post that image - get a $500 fine. lol

• Winner
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
This is what the democrats would do here if not for the 1st and 2nd Amendment. Never forget.

Identitarian leader Martin Sellner and Brittany Pettibone arrested in police state Britain

The UK has detained Identitarian leader Martin Sellner and his girlfriend Brittany Pettibone for having the audacity of wanting to hold a speech at the Speaker’s Corner in London.

Lauren Southern has revealed, that after speaking with Brittany Pettibone on the phone, the police have detained the couple separately and for the ‘crime’ of having right-wing opinions as well as wanting to interview Tommy Robinson and holding their speech.

Southern went further by asking if it is now safe at all for people with openly held right-wing opinions like her to travel to England if they risk detention like her friends.

Daring to criticise Islam, a believe system which should be open to criticism like any other, puts you at risk of being put in jail in the UK. When ‘thoughtcrimes’ become punishable, the police state has clearly arrived.

Ask it Britain first leaders Jayda Fransen and Paul Golding, who were recently convicted of stirring up racial hatred for exposing Muslim grooming gangs.

The late Christopher Hitchens warned about these sorts of developments back in 2009 and the detrimental consequences they would lead to by supporting the ridiculous notion of criminalising the made up term of Islamophobia:

“Ladies and gentlemen I besiege you. Resist it while you still can and before the right to complain is taken away from you, which will the next thing. You will be told you can’t complain because you are Islamophobic.”

Or like George Orwell said:

“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”

And Hungary’s Prime Minister Viktor Orban:

“It is forbidden to say that immigration brings crime and terror to our countries”
“It is forbidden to say that the arriving masses from other cultures are a threat to our way of life, our culture, our habits and our Christian traditions.”

If you agree with these quotes, be warned: Britain is watching you!​

Identarians are basically neo-nazis under a different label if I'm not mistaken.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Oh dear, so much misinfo, where do I start...

By not creating the thread in the first place? Why would you trust a source about an event when they get where he's from and what he does completely wrong?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,401.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If it were up to me - I'd start with the people who put fake quotes over pictures of George Washington & Thomas Jefferson... Ya know, stuff like this -

washingtongun.jpg

Post that image - get a $500 fine. lol

If it's on the Internet.jpg

Upvote 0

Bio-Luminescent Billy

Mar 8, 2018
Michigan
✟2,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
What is ussanews dot com?

One of the fews outlets talking about this, apparently.

Hungary’s Prime Minister Viktor Orban Is a far right fascist. As are Golding and Fransen, who are thankfully in jail where they belong. I don’t know your American couple, but if they were there to see the violent fascist thug Tommy Robinson, then they also likely belong in a cell.

You seem to defend nazis and fascists a lot. Is there something you’d likely to share with us?

You seems to enjoying emotionally charged words whose definitions you do not understand to slander people you know virtually nothing about, except what you've been told by the people who hate them.

How is your post not hate speech by your own definition?

In this age where information is all pretty much treated equally or given near equal footing - ought there be any consequences for spreading misinformation to provoke people to action?

We see the consequences here in America - where we are more polarized than ever - and I'd argue orchestrated to be so by those very type of forces. Is leaving it unchecked as we do a good thing, then?

Personally, I'm not sure. I don't know if I would go about jailing people, but maybe some sort of system where you can report crap you see and if it turns out to be both flat out false and incendiary - there's a hefty fine levied for it? Where if a profit can be determined to have been derived (think click bait garbage) - both the ascertained profit + 50% gets fined? lol

Who's the arbiter of truth?

And patently unConstitutional. Jacking with Free Speech is civil war territory.

Lol, "American journalist"

He's the leader of a political party and an Austrian.

So not American, and not a journalist.

Brittney Pettibone is American.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Bio-Luminescent Billy

Mar 8, 2018
Michigan
✟2,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
By not creating the thread in the first place? Why would you trust a source about an event when they get where he's from and what he does completely wrong?

I would ask that you read the source before commenting. Then we can address trust.

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

I tend to think the concept of free speech our founders envisioned and protected is one of the things thery got correct. Once you start criminalizing "hate speech" you end up with stupiity like this...

Scottish man arrested for teaching dog a Nazi salute

Now...is that a tasteless joke? Sure. Is it a crime? I cannot imagine why anyone would think so. If you're so thin skinned that you think something like that is a criminal offense...you should stay off the internet.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I would ask that you read the source before commenting. Then we can address trust.

I'll wait until an actual news source reports it. So far all we have are a bunch of repostings based off of that shining light of credible news sources, youtube.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bio-Luminescent Billy

Mar 8, 2018
Michigan
✟2,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'll wait until an actual news source reports it. So far all we have are a bunch of repostings based off of that shining light of credible news sources, youtube.

Oh, so you're going to wait until the media writes a piece siting the same sources.

She's calling fellow indy journos from jail. These people are not going to kill their cred with their base with something that will be proven demonstrably true or false within days, if not hours.

Upvote 0