Jun 19, 2006
Arizona
✟23,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Quote of Sparks Will Fly
I am still shocked and dismayed by tonight's elimination. I think they need to change the way AI works

Me Too!
This is a singing contest not a popularity contest to see who can smile the cutest!

I tried to email the producer of AI but could not get his email.
I wished that they would allow the professional singers and judges to have a certain amount of votes and to have the judges have at least two saves per season.

I have seen the voting be off before but this is the worst. There is no way that Stefano and a few others are better than Pia. I have not missed one season of AI but I now look forward to the X Factor so that I can ween myself off of AI.

Upvote 0

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,236.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's not really foolproof anymore because people can vote by Facebook and text. I imagine a lot of people don't vote by phone anymore.

Nigel Lithgoe is on Twitter and reads audience messages. @dizzyfeet

Upvote 0

SparkyMaddie

Luceat Lux Vestra
Feb 17, 2005
St Louis
✟150,656.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's rigged is now what I'm thinking.I don't like what Nigel said. Pia was never a close top contender?? He states he knows the votes? So that means they are never called out as I thought,top votes first which means they play with us and the poor contestants.

Upvote 0

sdmsanjose

Jun 19, 2006
Arizona
✟23,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My personal opinion is that James does not have much compition now that Pia is gone.

Everyone that knows a little about music knows that voting Pia off was a big mistake. I am going to try and find out how many viewers will be watching the final show for the winner in 2011 and compare it to the number of viewers in the past. That should tell if voting Pia off damaged the ratings of Ameircan Idol.

Upvote 0

talitha

Cultivate Honduras
Nov 5, 2004
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Visit site
✟22,601.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Well, I just watched last night's episode of Idol, and it was awesome! I think everyone knocked it out except for one..

Sax With Paul -7 his best performance IMHO - good show opener and great suit.
Lauren - 6 - it was okay. I don't know what the judges were trippin' on. And a silver zebra print bustier for a mild country song? huh?
Stefano -7 - his best performance to date - I felt really sorry for him last week, by the way, but this brought him back up. Good on him.
Scotty - 8 again, not my cup of tea.. but.. really well done. OpryTime.
Casey - 10 UNFREAKINBELIEVABLE.
Hailey - 10 PERFECT - It could be that I'm just a Blondie sucker, but I loved it, and I was shocked at the comments.
Jacob - 9 This song was the perfect choice. He's baaaaaack!
James - 9 AMAZING - what was Jimmy thinking?? So glad James believed in his own choice.

soooo Lauren to go home, and STILL Casey FTW. I'm sorry, but this GalWithADegreeInVOCALMusic didn't really miss Pia.

blessings all around
tal

Upvote 0

SparkyMaddie

Luceat Lux Vestra
Feb 17, 2005
St Louis
✟150,656.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am ok with Paul being sent home because that rendition of that song was terrible. I was like what was he thinking. Still,he was unique,better than most season finalists. This is a difficult year. I love this group. I am super bored by Stefano though. I never have voted for him. He sounds like every boy band singer out there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sdmsanjose

Jun 19, 2006
Arizona
✟23,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Paul
Paul has the kind of voice that I like and sings Rod Stewart songs which I love. However, Paul just did not have the pipes that some of the other have. Paul is good but he is outclassed by a few of the others.

Lauren
Some see her as a finalist. I must be missing something as Lauren is a good singer but does not move me nor does she move herself much.

Stefano
Stefano is very good for the local gang at the parties. He is just not going to go much farther on AI. He will be gone before April is over.

Scotty
If this was Country Idol Scotty would win. I like Scotty but he is not very versatile. I would not vote for him to be the winner but then again the voters seem to be a while lot younger than I am, like 13-16 years old. Scotty will continue to be a favorite of the real t young girls and they will keep him in the top 5.

Casey
Casey has a LOT of versatility and is very brave. Casey did a very good job with the Nate King Cole semi-jazz tune but I would not try that too often. The voters on this program are young and do not remember the 1940s-1950s singers and songs.

Hailey

Haley can sing a certain type song better than all the res (Janis Joplin type) I would have voted Haley off three weeks ago but not know as I have seen that she really does have a good voice. Her connecting with the audience with her personality is somewhat of a problem. I know this sis not supposed to be a personality contest but personality does play a role.

Jacob
Jacob is a very unique singer that sings with a lot of feelings. He will have to hope that the voters do not get tired of his style.

This year you had several GOOD singers, a few VERY GOOD singers and two GREAT singers

Upvote 0

talitha

Cultivate Honduras
Nov 5, 2004
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Visit site
✟22,601.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Just watched the performances from last night..

First - the "rejects" performance was - pretty good. Except for Paul. Ugh.

Scotty 8 I actually enjoyed it - he was kinda cheating, since that song came out originally in the early eighties......

James 9 He was channeling a little Adam Lambert there.... good performance.

Hayley 9 I am going to have to check out this Adele person. Loved the song, loved Hayley's performance. I would like to see her and Casey in the final, but I think James will take one of those spots.

Jacob 7 He's starting to bore me. I don't know where the Jacob went who sang "God Bless the Children" :( He should have done Collard Greens and Cornbread or something like that. Next week, how about "God is trying to tell you somethin" from The Color Purple (which he should've done on movie night) - just be honest and do gospel. Sheesh.

Casey 9 I didn't think I was going to like this, but it was great. I don't think Casey can do wrong.

Stefano 7 This was almost good.

Lauren 6 It's her time to go home.

Like I said from the time the top 13 were picked, this is not the girls' year.

Best of show was Casey, followed by Hayley and James. Worst was Lauren.

Upvote 0

sdmsanjose

Jun 19, 2006
Arizona
✟23,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Stefano
Has a great attitude but it was time for him to go---No surprise

Lauren
Must be good because I hear a lot of people say she is but she just does not do it for me. If it was up to me I would have Lauren gone next week.

Scotty
Is the smiley cute guy that all the American apple pie people love. Scotty also is the best male country singer I have seen on AI in years. He ahs a personality that really attracts the young girls and they sure do vote a LOT

Casey
Is a real showman and takes tons of chances. He is a good singer but I think that his unorthodox approach with songs and performances will eventually catch up to him and keep him from winning it all. Also, Casey and James are a bit alike in some ways and that will split their votes with James being a bit stronger.

Haley
I was not impressed with Haley in the earlier months but she has grown on me. Now that Pia is gone Haley is the best female singer IMO. With the right songs Haley should be around for several more weeks and is a very far outside shot to be in the finals.

Jacob
I said several weeks ago that I think that Jacob’s singing style will loose its excitement because it does not change much. Jacob’s style has about run its course and he will be gone in a week or two.

James
Is my pick to win it all, in fact last month I picked James and Pia to be in the finals. So now I see James and Scotty singing in the finals with Haley as a dark horse to get in.

I like to try and pick the top five every year but this year I lost some interest. When they took Pia off they took the best quality voice off. She is not the showman that James and Casey are but in certain songs she is better than both.

For me personally I see James as a run away for the title but then I know that I have not got a good handle on the voting public so I have to guess as to how the public is going to vote. That is why I see Scotty as being in the finals.

With the public voters anything can happen and I could be wrong and Casey or Lauren could win. If Lauren wins I think AI will change the way the winner is selected. I think there is a possibility that AI will make some change before next year anyway.

Reactions: SparkyMaddie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tishri1

Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0

sdmsanjose

Jun 19, 2006
Arizona
✟23,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Lauren Alaina – Where You Lead
Most positive thing that I can say about Lauren is that she has beautiful blue eyes.
All singers are good at this point but some are very good and one is great. Tonight Lauren was in the good category. For me I have Lauren in the bottom for tomorrow’s elimination. If I was the determining vote I would have Lauren go home tomorrow.

Haley Reinhart – Beautiful
I did not like the song choice. She had a strong finish but I do not understand Steven Tyler and Jennifer’s very high remarks. I would have her in the bottom 3.

Jacob Lusk – Oh No, Not My Baby
I am getting a little tired of Jacob’s style but he did a very difficult song quite nicely and had that one note that he held for such a long time. IMO Jacob deserves to stay for another week.

Scotty McCreery – You’ve Got A Friend
Great Melodious song choice and singing. Greta performance for the touchy-feely crowd that loves the country loyalty of a friend that cares. However Scotty did not have any power notes that stirs you. Scotty has such a strong voting base that I would be very surprised if he is in the bottom 3.

Casey Abrams – Hi-De-Ho
If you value bringing versatility then Casey is the man. Casey is probably the musician’s singer as he does things that you would not expect and does them very well. I like the Blues and New Orleans stuff so I give Casey high marks but I doubt the AI voters will give him high marks. Casey is very entertaining and he probably loves jamming and singing more than being very popular.

James Durbin – Will You Love Me Tomorrow
First James picks a song that is a 10 and then James puts his touch to it that I actually liked better than the original. This performance maybe my favorite by James, pure rock and roll from the 60s with heart! James was the only great performance tonight and is a runaway winner in tonight’s performances.

In summary
I would have Lauren, Haley and Jacob in the bottom 3 but I think that Jacob should be the first one to be safe and Lauren should pack her bags.

Upvote 0

talitha

Cultivate Honduras
Nov 5, 2004
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Visit site
✟22,601.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Jacob -I really enjoyed his performance, but people might actually vote against his clothes.. wow bright yellow shirt with blue plaid jacket and a purple bowtie?

Lauren - her best performance - I actually really enjoyed her singing this time; I understood J-Lo's comments - she went for it.

Scotty - sweet.. he kind of struggled at the beginning; I could tell he was tryyyying not to do the Scotty Scoop.

James - oh yeahhh that was good. One of the best performances of the night..

Casey I loved it of course but honestly partly because I just like him. He would make a great friend and jam-partner.. I'm with Randy, though - he should not growl the entire song.

Haley - I straight up loved it..

My favorite performance of the night (and the only successful duo performance, IMHO) was Casey and Haley with "I Feel the Earth...." That is not one of my favorite CK songs, but their rendition was fun and sounded effortless.

TOP - James and Hayley

BOTTOM THREE - Jacob, Lauren, and Scotty

GOING HOME - sadly, possibly Jacob. Jacob or Lauren, I'm almost sure.

Upvote 0