Arizona
✟23,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Scotty McCreery – Country Comfort
9.0 For country singing For AI competition = 7.5
Same ratings from me as before. great country singing, very likeable pure country boy but I still think that if he keeps going country he will not make it into the May competition. Need to show us that he can do something without a country sound. If he can be very good in other areas he will be in the top 5.

Naima Adedapo – I’m Still Standing

Most unique and will not have to split any votes among those that like her being so different. She is my wife’s favorite female singer.

Paul McDonald – Rocket Man

Paul’s smile is about to run out. His performance was forgettable and he will be gone this week or next.

Pia Toscano – Don’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me

Pia is in a class by herself with voice quality. The fact that she is very good looking will help also. The only thing that can hurt her is if she can only do great ballads. I think Pia can do everything but she does not have the showmanship that James has.

Stefano Langone – Tiny Dancer

Stefano did a lot better than last week but he is fighting an uphill battle. He has not established a strong voting base.

Lauren Alaina – Candle In the Wind

Stan’s rating = 6.0 AI = 8.0
Great song, Lauren did it very well but I just cannot get moved by Lauren for some reason. Judges loved her for some reason.

James Durbin – Saturday Night’s Alright For Fighting

James is the showman of this year. He has got the voice for getting to you and his personality is a plus. The is no doubt in my mind that he will be in the top 5

Thia Megia – Daniel

I have not been a fan of Thia lately but this is the best performance she has done IMO. Very pure and melodeous voice with some feeling. A lot better than her past performances. She deserves to go through to the next week.

Casey Abrams – Your Song

I am a Casey fan but this performance was not one of my favorites by him. However, the judges and crowd seemed to really like his performance tonight so he will go through to another week.

Jacob Lusk – Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word

Jacob has the extreme feeling in his face and voice. Jacob has established a voting base so I am sure he will go through to another week.

Haley Reinhart – Bennie and the Jets

Haley tried to be too cutesy in the past and I was turned off by her but I have to say that I have noticed that she has a really nice voice with a bit of grinding blues at times that I love.

Who is going home?
Stefano and Paul
Lauren may be sent home and save either Paul or Stefano

Everyone at my house liked Pia and James and picked Paul to go home.

Upvote 0

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I was hoping the judges would stop the show again like they did last week when Casey sang for his life, but this time for Naima. I was hoping they'd say that, after her performance, they weren't going to wait for America to vote -- they were just going to boot her off the show themselves and save everyone the trouble. She completely butchered that song, she was as fake as fake could be (she doesn't have an accent, why affect one?? and putting in the fake "tribute" in the beginning because the producer told her to?) and I hope she is gone.

Thia's song, on the other hand, was understated and beautiful. She made me cry.

Reactions: SparkyMaddie
Upvote 0

talitha

Cultivate Honduras
Nov 5, 2004
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Visit site
✟22,601.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Top Three: Casey, Jacob, and either Lauren or Thia
Bottom Three: Stefano, Scotty, and Paul
Honestly I thought everyone did pretty well.
If I had to send two home, it would be Stefano (he's clearly out of his depth) and Paul (I'm done with him).

Upvote 0

SparkyMaddie

Luceat Lux Vestra
Feb 17, 2005
St Louis
✟150,656.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well,Naima will find her place in music. I disagree with her being 'fake' but rather she has an entertaining personality. Elton John himself recorded songs where he twanged like a country singer,no dif.
I want Stefano to try another career. He is certainly boy-band material and bores me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sdmsanjose

Jun 19, 2006
Arizona
✟23,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My top 5 NOT in order for May picked on March 9, 2011
  • Casey Abrams
    * Pia Toscano
    * James Durbin
    * Jacob Lusk
    * Scotty McCreery
Last month I picked the top five (See above) NOT in order

Today I am picking my top five IN ORDER
James Durbin
Pia Toscano
Casey Abrams
Jacob Lusk
Haley Reinhart

I replaced Scotty with Haley because Scotty has yet to do anything that is not country. If Scotty could do other genres as good as country he would be in third place.

The top two are very hard to know for sure. Pia could beat James but I doubt it.

Upvote 0

sdmsanjose

Jun 19, 2006
Arizona
✟23,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
8.0 Jacob Lusk – Man in the Mirror
Points for sticking with his convictions. Jacob is very good
at his type singing.

9.0 Haley Reinhart – Piece of My Heart
Best singing of the night for me. I Love the blues Janis Joplin type singing and Haley came close to Janis. Her performance was good also.

7.5 Casey Abrams – Have You Ever Seen the Rain
One of my favorite songs by CCR. Casey just did not get close enough to Fogerty however Casey did get points for playing the stand up bass while singing.

7.0 Lauren Alaina – Natural Woman
Lauren should not have picked an Aretha song with her voice and style. Lauren can sing well but she picked one of the most soulful songs by the most soulful woman and Lauren is not that soulful.

8.0 James Durbin – While My Guitar Gently Weeps
James showed that he is versatile but the song choice was not good for me. I know the song was personal and emotional for James but it did nothing for me. James did it well.

7.5 Scotty McCreery – That’s Alright Mama
Finally Scottie did something that was not 90% country. He did a good job but it was not a very challenging song for vocals and it was mostly good entertainment. Scottie will get votes for the girls rushing at him after the song.

8.5 Pia Toscano – River Deep, Mountain High
Pia can do anything and her voice is the purist of the whole bunch

7.0 Stefano Langone – When a Man Loves a Woman
Great song but Stefano over does the non-verbal emotional presentations.

7.5 Paul McDonald – Folsom Prison Blues

Paul’s up-tempo version and performance should keep him around for another week. I am not a big fan of Paul but this was a good performance, very entertaining.

Bottom 3
Lauren, Stefano, Casey

Going home: Stefano or Lauren but probably Stefano

The songs picked for tonight were some of the best for me all year. Cannot go wrong with the great songs of the 60s and 70s.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

talitha

Cultivate Honduras
Nov 5, 2004
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Visit site
✟22,601.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
8 Jacob Lusk – Man in the Mirror - Yeah, he always nails the singing. I'm not sure about him as an "American Idol" though..

8.5 Haley Reinhart – Piece of My Heart - Loved her singing, though I would've liked to have seen more of the right emotion come through.

9 Casey Abrams – Have You Ever Seen the Rain - Admittedly part of the reason for my high score here is that I find Casey adorable - but that's part of it, right? And I love the upright bass!! Glad to see it again.

7.5 Lauren Alaina – Natural Woman - She sang well, but - hmm - I think she's too white bread....

9.0 James Durbin – While My Guitar Gently Weeps - I liked it. I am not particularly fond of that song; it's too introspective - but it was good to see the emotional side of this guy.

8 Scotty McCreery – That’s Alright Mama - I KNEW he would do Elvis as soon as I heard what the challenge was, and I loved it, even though again he's not my cup of tea.

7 Pia Toscano – River Deep, Mountain High - Take all the Tina out of the song and this is what you get. I'm sorry, but Pia's still way too glee club for me.

7.5 Stefano Langone – When a Man Loves a Woman - This was really good for Stefano, but I'm not a fan.

6 Paul McDonald – Folsom Prison Blues -
Grinning like the village idiot while he does this song - just weird. I may be too much of a Johnny Cash fan to like anyone's cover of this song. As Jimmie said, JC was pretty much the coolest guy ever. Paul's voice irrrrrritates me.

Bottom 3 - not a prediction, just what I wish.
Paul, Pia, Stefano

Going home: Stefano or Paul - it's just down to which stupid grin I like less, and I think it's Stefano's.

Upvote 0

SparkyMaddie

Luceat Lux Vestra
Feb 17, 2005
St Louis
✟150,656.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am still shocked and dismayed by tonight's elimination. I think they need to change the way AI works. Let the last 3 singers sing for their life and the judges decide because this AINT right people!!!! I won't say who went home....cos I dunno if some people know yet!! :( :(

Upvote 0

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
whats the link to that company that counts the # of times the phone rings for each contestant again?

I wanna see if Pia got booted cuz something was wrong with her line....it has to be something like that .....It has to be a fluke

Upvote 0