• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

American Idol 2010

Discussion in 'The Small Screen' started by Veritas, Jan 11, 2010.

1. snoochface

snoochface Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.

+2,729
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    If it were based on looks, Casey would be the new American Idol.

2. talitha

talitha Cultivate Honduras

+944
    Charismatic
    Married
    if it's not looks, then why on earth is Lee the AI? Pity?

3. A New Dawn

A New Dawn God is bigger than the boogeyman!

+7,016
    Calvinist
    Married
    Because he is a good singer.

4. snoochface

+2,729
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Because he is a good singer. He has a modern sound to his voice. He seems like a genuinely nice guy, and people root for nice guys. Because enough people who liked these things about him picked up the phone and voted for him.

5. Veritas

Veritas 1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism

+2,681
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Libertarian
    First of all, I wasn't aware and have never read that Dial Idol has never been wrong. Secondly, if they aren't, than why did Dial Idol have Lee winning by a large margin when in fact it turns out that he won by only 2% of the vote? Guess they aren't always right!;)

6. Ginny

Ginny I like to whisper, too!

+597
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    WHy does it matter if the margin is wrong if the are ultimately right about the winner?

Anyway, the minimum age to enter AI has now been changed to 15.

Good article.

7. Ginny

+597
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Kara DioGuardi fired from American Idol:

We're told the show will be going back to a three-judge format and assuming all deals are finalized, the judge's panel will consist of Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler.

We're told the only way Kara could get a reprieve is if the J-Lo deal falls apart -- but we're told that deal is done.

Ellen DeGeneres announced earlier Thursday that she was leaving the show after just one season.

8. Tishri1

Tishri1 Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,096
    Messianic
    Married
    interesting

9. A New Dawn

A New Dawn God is bigger than the boogeyman!

+7,016
    Calvinist
    Married
    Awww............ I liked Ellen on the show. She should stay. Who in the world is Steven Tyler?

10. talitha

talitha Cultivate Honduras

+944
    Charismatic
    Married
    Kara DioGuardi fired from American Idol:
    I'm shocked. I thnk she's a good judge who knows what she's talking about.

back to a three-judge format
    I think three judges makes better energy than four....

Randy Jackson - the best IMHO
    Jennifer Lopez - that should be interesting, and a good career move for J-Lo if she turns out to have a knack for it
    Steven Tyler - You mean Arrowsmith Steven Tyler? Wow - that could turn out to be a wise producer choice. Maybe they'll go a little more "Rock Star [insert name of band]" on us.

Maybe every year they could get a new pop singer and a new rock singer to be on the panel, and just have Randy sort of anchor.

Ellen DeGeneres announced earlier Thursday that she was leaving the show after just one season. --Sad, but she's a talker, and she didn't get to do enough talking on that show, probably.

11. Tishri1

Tishri1 Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,096
    Messianic
    Married
  12. Jerlene

Jerlene Regular Member

+7
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Constitution
    I can't believe Steven Tyler is going to be the next judge. His career must be in danger if he's resorting to this. :(

13. bill'swife

bill'swife let peace rule...

+15,854
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Ellen decided to leave because Simon chose to leave.
    Hate that Simon has left, thrilled that Ellen did!!

14. Veritas

Veritas 1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism

+2,681
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Libertarian
    Me too! I don't like the new line-up either with JLo and Company. The only holdover from the original threesome is Randy. I must say, I am looking forward to next Fall's X Factor w/ Cowell. I'm not sure who the remaining judges will be.

15. SparkyMaddie

SparkyMaddie Luceat Lux Vestra

+15,751
    Lutheran
    In Relationship
    i may not even watch sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

16. Ginny

+597
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    LINK

According to the show's executive producer Nigel Lythgoe, the competition will be whittled down to the top 12 contestants – and skip having the top 24.

"I didn't think [the top 24] were very good," Lythgoe tells TV Guide of previous seasons. "I was bored with them by the time they got there."

He's also creating more difficult challenges for the contestants, including having them make music videos, promote themselves, and work on awards show-style performances.

17. snoochface

+2,729
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Libertarian
  18. SparkyMaddie

SparkyMaddie Luceat Lux Vestra

+15,751
    Lutheran
    In Relationship
    I caught some of tonights opening auditions and the last guy I watched over three times...Phillip. I like his style!!!

19. Corri

Corri Senior Member

+87
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Well,I like some of the people so far yet I have 2 episodes I've not watched. Are they over with auditions any time soon? Why so many weeks of it?

20. snoochface

+2,729
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Auditions ended this week. Next week begins Hollywood week. They always have this many audition shows, in fact I thought this year they had fewer than usual.