American cyclist suspended from team over so-called 'divisive' tweet supporting Trump

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,663,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The one-word tweet was apparently enough to get him sidelined

An American professional cyclist was suspended from his team Thursday after showing support for President Trump in a seemingly benign social media tiff.

Trek-Segafredo suspended Quinn Simmons for what the team called “divisive” comments on his personal Twitter account.

Simmons, 19, reacted to a tweet from Dutch journalist Jose Been in which she said she hoped for her American friends that “this horrible presidency ends for you,” adding “if you follow me and support Trump, you can go.”

Continued below.
American cyclist suspended from team over so-called 'divisive' tweet supporting Trump

• Informative
Reactions: brinny

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The one-word tweet was apparently enough to get him sidelined

An American professional cyclist was suspended from his team Thursday after showing support for President Trump in a seemingly benign social media tiff.

Trek-Segafredo suspended Quinn Simmons for what the team called “divisive” comments on his personal Twitter account.

Simmons, 19, reacted to a tweet from Dutch journalist Jose Been in which she said she hoped for her American friends that “this horrible presidency ends for you,” adding “if you follow me and support Trump, you can go.”

Continued below.

Makes me wish that I was still an employer. I would fire everyone who didn't support Trump. Not really because I'm not like that but it's fun to think I could actually get away with it in today's environment.

Upvote 0