American Airlines Employee Allegedly Hit Woman With Stroller, Challenged Passenger To 'Hit Me'

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟261,324.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟261,324.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Why did this woman not hand over the stroller? What if she had a bomb in there? A gun?

1. Maybe because she was told she could bring it on if there was room.
2. The attendant was an ass from the start.
3. The attendant almost got her kid.

Stop justifying terrible customer service with terrorism.

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I saw this earlier . There are several strollers on the market that will fold into very compact squares and are advertised as fitting into overhead bins of planes as a carry-on . I wondered if it were one of those. Even if she were not allowed to have it on the plane the flight attendant should not have swung the stroller in anger. She had two babies with her.

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟938,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I think Americans in general and U. S. airlines in particular simply aren't very good at customer service. Persons who travel internationally often rave about the customer service they experience on foreign carriers that far exceed what they have come to expect from U. S. carriers.

It seems like an easy fix.
  1. Eliminate over-booking. If a passenger buys a non-refundable ticket and doesn't show up, it makes no difference if airlines fly with an empty seat. I bought the ticket. The seat is mine. I am sitting in it until our contract ends when you have delivered me to my destination.
  2. Need to get a crew somewhere? Offer incentives at the gate before anyone boards. Allow no one to board until the required number of people have accepted the airline vouchers for giving up their seat.
  3. Never get physical with your customers. Never treat a customer disrespectfully. Never bait a customer into a physical altercation with you. Never use force to take away from a customer something you sold them. Smile once in a while.
  4. Understand that things are different in other parts of the world. Customs differ. Language can be a barrier. Perhaps a stroller that can't go on a plane in the U.S, can go on a plane in Argentina. Try a little finesse. Have a little patience. Explain harder.
If every 17-year-old who ever stood in the drive up window at Chick-Fil-A can give exemplary service, airlines should be able to figure it out.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,427,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A very confrontational airlines. The passenger was then removed from the flight. Fortunately they placed her on another one and the magnitude of their poor performance must have struck them as they placed her in first class.

.....a very confrontational airline employee.

From the video, it appears the other AA employees were doing their best to resolve the situation. And unlike United, American immediately issued an apology.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
.....a very confrontational airline employee.

From the video, it appears the other AA employees were doing their best to resolve the situation. And unlike United, American immediately issued an apology.
I agree - except that their reviews suggest they have a workforce cultural problem [which is why I said Airlines as opposed to employee]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,427,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree - except that their reviews suggest they have a workforce cultural problem [which is why I said Airlines as opposed to employee]

...as do a lot of large American corporations who have forgotten that good customer service starts with treating the employees well.

Upvote 0