Glass*Soul

Senior Veteran
May 14, 2005
✟31,902.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Exactly! America is the child of rebellion against Great Britain, it's mother country. 1 Peter 2:13: "Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;"

As I said before - America is not a Christian nation nor was one in it's past. It simply had a lot of Christians in it. It's not a 'Christian house' It's a 'house with Christians in it'. Think of it like a Christian running into a bar because there's a terrible hurricane outside. He doesn't approve of the bar nor call it Christian. His presence doesn't make it Christian either. If you put a thousand Christians in there, what will it be? A very crowded bar.

I have to agree. The Bible is not big on spelling out one's rights. I'm searching my memory for any passages that one might point to as championing the right to life, liberty or the pursuit of happiness as being innate. Even with Christ, they are conditional to one's relationship with the him or with the divine. Otherwise one is merely as one of the dead burying the dead, to paraphrase him. Unless I am missing something. I am open to being shown I am wrong about this.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.