America needs to start reform with getting rid of the "rubber rooms" as well.

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
200% of them. Assuming you are only talking about American diocese American tax payers DO pay their salaries non?
Not only that, but they also pay the church tax, commonly known as tithes.
I didn't find his being cleared of all charges offensive no. Is that really that interesting?

One can only roll one's eyes at such remarks. Oh, and maybe laught a little!:D

Upvote 0

Ton80

Jun 13, 2007
✟2,365.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I won't insult you,
Great, then I wont have to insult you back.

but I think you're overlooking a few facts. One, most sexual abuse ocurrs in families, then teachers, psychologists, coaches, etc., then clergy. As a percentage of their numbers, Catholic priest abuse at a rate of 1-3%, less than Protestant pastors, far less than teachers and way, way less than familiy members.
Well where are your facts?

I'm going to challenge you to find that information yourself. Why? Because YOU want to make priests out to be bigger abusers than anybody.
I never said anything about priests being worse! Did you misread what I said or purposefully twist my comment so you could get out of posting any facts? I stated that you came to a conclusion based on a figure (
public school teachers molest children at a rate of up to 100X that of Catholic priest) without any analysis whatsoever.

Secondly, the whole point of the OP is that it is the unions that protect these abusing teachers. I asked a relevant question regarding priests and unions and being paid by the taxpayers. You didn't even address that.
I did not address it because taxpayers pay public teachers salaries and citizens donate to churches for priests salaries. It did not interest me as much as you tossing out statistics without any analysis.

Where are any of your facts?

Upvote 0

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Great, then I wont have to insult you back.

Good, because you already did.

Well where are your facts?

Where are yours?

I never said anything about priests being worse!

Oh, but you most certainly implied so!

Did you misread what I said or purposefully twist my comment so you could get out of posting any facts? I stated that you came to a conclusion based on a figure (public school teachers molest children at a rate of up to 100X that of Catholic priest) without any analysis whatsoever.

I posted links dude.

I did not address it because taxpayers pay public teachers salaries and citizens donate to churches for priests salaries.

Duh. The whole point of the OP is the fact that teachers are paid by the taxpayers yet don't receive the same treatment as those in the private sector when it comes to child molestation.

It did not interest me as much as you tossing out statistics without any analysis.

:doh:
Where are any of your facts?

I presented them. Now, where are yours...with links, please.

Upvote 0

Ton80

Jun 13, 2007
✟2,365.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Good, because you already did.

Where are yours?

Oh, but you most certainly implied so!

I posted links dude.

Duh. The whole point of the OP is the fact that teachers are paid by the taxpayers yet don't receive the same treatment as those in the private sector when it comes to child molestation.

I presented them. Now, where are yours...with links, please.

That link of a story from a Catholic source? That is your proof?

I stated that there are 3 million public teachers and 41,000 priests in America. You doubt the figures? I never made any claim that teachers or priests abused their children more than the other. I simply brought attention to your flimsy handling of a statistic in an article. Your case is flaccid.

Last edited:
Upvote 0