Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Before this gets going, please stop and look at Ms. Oesterblad’s Twitter page. She’s trying to paint this as a Catholic concern about the lives of pregnant women but she’s clearly re-tweeted an endless stream of pro-abortion, pro-Roe tweets. She’s wrecked Roe went down. I would think America Magazine would have been a little more careful about who they have write commentaries on abortion but, then again, why would they? I guess the SJs aren’t even trying to hide it anymore.
We need to talk about ‘life of the mother’ exceptions in abortion law.

We need to talk about ‘life of the mother’ exceptions in abortion law.

Jacqui Oesterblad

June 27, 2022

As the nation reckons with the overturning of Roe v. Wade by the Supreme Court last week, it is time for Catholics to have a real conversation about the kinds of abortion laws we want.

For a supposed Catholic writing for a supposed Catholic publication, it should be time to work to end all direct abortions, but then again, it’s America Magazine so I suppose we shouldn’t expect that. She’s so ridiculously silly. We actually have Church teachings and the Catholic Medical Association and National Catholic Bioethics Center to answer these questions but, yes, let’s just do what we want. Sorry, Jacqui.

Continued below.
America Mag Not Even Trying to Look Pro-life Anymore – One Mad Mom

• Agree
Reactions: Skye1300

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟439,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
We should do as Ireland had done for decades. We should treat both mother and child as separate patients and fight for both of them. Again, there is nothing in these laws that prevents the best care for women. This has nothing to do with capitalism.

:oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0