Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Or at least that is what it is appearing to be the case. Our American flag that used to stand for our freedom and all of those who died defending it,.. but now a lot of people hate to see its colors. We can no longer say what we wish to without offending somebody and causing rage, hate, and division. Why is all of this happening? Why does it seem like it's becoming a communist country and the name of it being spat upon? It seems like a lot of the world needs to hear and see this today. :(

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
I wish we cold answer here but we can't :( The lack of freedom is all over :(

I was just going to message you about this topic. The scene is from The Majestic btw,.. and it's scary that that's the way our world is today. I was nearly in tears watching and listening to him speak. :'(

• Agree
Reactions: RushMAN
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Or at least that is what it is appearing to be the case. Our American flag that used to stand for our freedom and all of those who died defending it,.. but now a lot of people hate to see its colors. We can no longer say what we wish to without offending somebody and causing rage, hate, and division. Why is all of this happening? Why does it seem like it's becoming a communist country and the name of it being spat upon? It seems like a lot of the world needs to hear and see this today. :(

Why? Many reasons, but at least in part because a large segment of the country is tired of the Right dictating to the rest what American values are, what the flag stands for and denouncing anything they don't agree with as "communism" whether it's communism or not.

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Why? Many reasons, but at least in part because a large segment of the country is tired of the Right dictating to the rest what American values are, what the flag stands for and denouncing anything they don't agree with as "communism" whether it's communism or not.

Well I don't really know what you're getting at but when the government starts forcing their ideas on you from the right or left direction seems like communism to me and that's not what America is supposed to be about. Many people gave their lives so we can have freedom and they are probably rolling in their graves right now of what has become of it.

• Agree
Reactions: SashaMaria
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I wish we cold answer here but we can't :( The lack of freedom is all over :(

You can't answer, yet you just did!

If the lack of freedom is all over, then we have no more lack and we are free forever (if you're in Christ, that is).

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
You can't answer, yet you just did!

If the lack of freedom is all over, then we have no more lack and we are free forever (if you're in Christ, that is).

True, but that's not the point that I was trying to make. :(

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Well I don't really know what you're getting at but when the government starts forcing their ideas on you from the right or left direction seems like communism to me and that's not what America is supposed to be about. Many people gave their lives so we can have freedom and they are probably rolling in their graves right now of what has become of it.

Can you be more specific? We HAVE freedom, or haven't you noticed? Even permitting your post saying we don't is a type of freedom.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps you could be more specific; none of my freedoms are being infringed so far as I know and my ideas are still my own.

BTW, communism is an economic system in which all property is publically owned. I think you must mean something else.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The bedrock of American ethics used to be the Bible. It was intended to be the conscience of the Constitution.
But, especially since the 1960's with the sexual revolution, much of America had replaced God with 'self' as the moral judge of her actions and rebelled accordingly. The family structure began to wane and Democrat politicians took advantage. The people subjected themselves to a welfare state and became witting subjects of a victimhood mentality. Consequently, the Constitution, now void of it's prior moral compass is being used as a platform to support ideologies that are diametrically opposed to it's original intent.

• Agree
Reactions: SashaMaria
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Wait... what? Who has been dictating culture and social justice for the last 30 years? The left is finally being told 'no', and they do not know how to handle it.

Who forced the removal of God from schools? Who made patriotism... pride in your own county, into racist evil? Even stopping people from flying our flag? Who forced all these mandates about homosexuality, abortion, and so on that we did not want. That we even voted against? For decades our votes didn't even matter. The left would just go to a stacked appellate court and litigate legislation. Thereby completely subverting the peoples vote. We don't want these things, and now people are starting to figure that out. We have had enough.

The pendulum's swing to the left has already hit its crest.... now it's going to swing to the right.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The bedrock of American ethics used to be the Bible. It was intended to be the conscience of the Constitution.
But, especially since the 1960's with the sexual revolution, much of America had replaced God with 'self' as the moral judge of her actions and rebelled accordingly. The family structure began to wane and Democrat politicians took advantage. The people subjected themselves to a welfare state and became witting subjects of a victimhood mentality. Consequently, the Constitution, now void of it's prior moral compass is being used as a platform to support ideologies that are diametrically opposed to it's original intent.

There isn't one single thing in your post that I agree with.

You said, "The bedrock of American ethics used to be the Bible. It was intended to be the conscience of the Constitution."

Have you even read the Constitution and its amendments? Why the gloom and doom?

BTW, there is no basis for saying "[The Bible] was intended to be the conscience of the Constitution." If there is, show us.

"Love it or leave it".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Why don't you pick a news story which particularly concerns you and we can discuss it.

Okay let's take a farther look into my OP. Besides the fact that nobody's really doing anything about all of the violence and destruction that a lot of rioters are causing that is. Freedom of speech,.. where is it? It seems like democrats can say whatever the heck they want to say but when it comes to republicans they have no say in the matter. The American flag is no longer a proud symbol of our nation. People are kneeling before it instead of standing for it and completely disrespecting it. Honoring God isn't the top priority of many Americans anymore. I could go on and on and on like the Energizer Bunny here.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
But, especially since the 1960's with the sexual revolution, much of America had replaced God with 'self' as the moral judge of her actions and rebelled accordingly. The family structure began to wane and Democrat politicians took advantage. The people subjected themselves to a welfare state and became witting subjects of a victimhood mentality.
Yes, back when Evangelical Protestantism enjoyed an unwarranted and undesirable cultural hegemony.

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Why is all of this happening? Why does it seem like it's becoming a communist country and the name of it being spat upon?
If you have the time, see what G Edward Griffin had to say about it in the late 60's. His remarks reflect what's going on today.

• Informative
Reactions: April_Rose
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.