Jan 3, 2013
✟113,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Today the government passed one of the most vile and corrupt pieces of legislation I've ever seen , all in the name of "relief" . Please pray that the Lord would bring about revival in this land .We have strayed so far from Him. May we turn back while there is yet time. Come soon Lord Jesus. In Jesus Name .Amen.

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Today the government passed one of the most vile and corrupt pieces of legislation I've ever seen , all in the name of "relief" .

What portions were vile and corrupt? I haven't read it, but could you find the actual document and highlight a few sentences so we know what we are talking about. I myself have not seen many pieces of legislation directly, but it sounds like you have seen dozens at least and this one must have some portions and points that are really disturbing. Can you show us here?

Upvote 0

mario1001

Misfit
Jan 3, 2013
✟113,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What portions were vile and corrupt? I haven't read it, but could you find the actual document and highlight a few sentences so we know what we are talking about. I myself have not seen many pieces of legislation directly, but it sounds like you have seen dozens at least and this one must have some portions and points that are really disturbing. Can you show us here?
here's just one example Spending Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony why put this in as must pass spending bill? How corrupt can you get? Not to mention the checks are only going to be $600 which won't help anybody. This is wrong .God help us.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,085,787.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
This is a country now where they are actually debating whether or not to give medical attention to a baby that has survived abortion. It is a country that in some states will kill a healthy 9 month old baby trying to be born in an abortion clinic. This nation is in deep spiritual trouble, like so many in the world.

The "vileness" doesn't stop there, but is all over the place in different areas.

Yes, we need to pray for repentance. I personally suspect it is too late for the world, but at least on an individual level we can repent of our sins and receive the Father's mercies.

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
This is a country now where they are actually debating whether or not to give medical attention to a baby that has survived abortion.

I could see that being on the vile side of humanity.

Felonies for streaming illegal videos, maybe a bit less so. I mean, unless they were streaming vile illegal videos, I guess that would make a difference. Were there any pro-abortion riders attached to this legislation for relief funding? Hopefully not. The balance of SC judges is fairly pro-life now at the end of #45's term, which is probably an improvement for things like the above.

I don't disagree with the title and basic spirit of the post and I offer my prayers for America.
We might have a different definition of what threshold moves a piece of legislation into the "vile" category. "Vile" is what I would call a Super Word, it catches the attention (caught mine), but shouldn't be overused imho.

I might feel a little differently about it if I get a felony for posting this here ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: mario1001
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟690,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
here's just one example Spending Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony why put this in as must pass spending bill? How corrupt can you get? Not to mention the checks are only going to be $600 which won't help anybody. This is wrong .God help us.

To be perfectly honest, theft - which is what getting around actually purchasing copyrighted materials is - would be against God's law therefore making it illegal (or making the law more stringent) isn't really objectionable to a believer in and follower of Christ as this isn't something we would consider morally wrong or "vile".

I would agree with you over a number of other laws or sundry other things our government does, but not really this one.. that they added it to a spending bill seems silly, but not "vile"...

Upvote 0