"America First" caucus "a common respect for uniquely Anglo-Saxon political traditions"

Status
Not open for further replies.

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
"Conservative House of Representatives Republicans plan to form an "America First" caucus to promote the policies of ex-President Donald Trump and said on Friday the group would soon release a policy platform.

The platform promotes "a common respect for uniquely Anglo-Saxon political traditions" and advocates for infrastructure with aesthetic value that "befits the progeny of European architecture," Punchbowl News reported on Friday."

https://www.usnews.com/news/top-new...america-first-caucus-raises-hackles-over-race

This was very confusing to me every time I come across it...

Which are the uniquely Anglo-Saxon political traditions?

Aren't the "Anglo-Saxons" a very specific group of white people?

Do THEY even know what they are trying to say or is this just a massive dog whistle?

• Agree
Reactions: TLK Valentine
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Aren't the "Anglo-Saxons" a very specific group of white people?

EAu186dXYAAfMtI.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: TLK Valentine
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What on Earth are you talking about? This isn't something I just made up, it's the truth! America first was never about Jesus, it is about America.
First you said it was about families first then America, now you're saying it was about America first. So what are YOU talking about? Get your story straight and then I can respond to it, but I can't respond to your constantly shifting goalposts.

You want something about Jesus, that's what Christianity is for.
What I want has nothing to do with this conversation, so I don't know why you're injecting that into this thread; it's irrelevant. I'm simply pointing out that this "America First" group is a group that places America above all things, even above God, and they are brazen about it by even putting it in their name. You have agreed with that a couple times now, so thank you for helping to prove my point.

The only thing you did in addition was you that tried to impose your own made-up idea that the group is somehow about "families first", but the fact is that the "America First" group does not say they are for families first, nor do they call themselves "Families First". Perhaps you can start a group called "Families First" if that's what you're looking for?

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

It's more exclusive than that. Also excluded would be: Nordic people, French, Germans, Danes the Dutch, eastern Europeans, Italians, Scots and the Spanish off the top of my head.

The other question I asked also applies here even if they'd like to represent "Europeans" ideas. Are we excluding Roman republics, Greek democracies and the continental contributions to the enlightenment?

What does that leave us with for "uniquely anglo-saxon" political tradition? So, sincerely. What on earth are we talking about?

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
It's more exclusive than that. Also excluded would be: Nordic people, French, Germans, Danes the Dutch, eastern Europeans, Italians, Scots and the Spanish off the top of my head.

The other question I asked also applies here even if they'd like to represent "Europeans" ideas. Are we excluding Roman republics, Greek democracies and the continental contributions to the enlightenment?

What does that leave us with for "uniquely anglo-saxon" political tradition? So, sincerely. What on earth are we talking about?
It's just an ignorant way of referring to white, English-speaking Protestants. The old buzz-phrase was "Western Christian Civilization."

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.