"America First" caucus "a common respect for uniquely Anglo-Saxon political traditions"

Status
Not open for further replies.

public hermit

social troglodyte
Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟826,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"Conservative House of Representatives Republicans plan to form an "America First" caucus to promote the policies of ex-President Donald Trump and said on Friday the group would soon release a policy platform.

The platform promotes "a common respect for uniquely Anglo-Saxon political traditions" and advocates for infrastructure with aesthetic value that "befits the progeny of European architecture," Punchbowl News reported on Friday."

https://www.usnews.com/news/top-new...america-first-caucus-raises-hackles-over-race

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟949,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The platform promotes "a common respect for uniquely Anglo-Saxon political traditions..."
Even though he was ostensibly accused of being a white supremacist on a regular basis, I don't remember him actually advancing "white supremacy" policies.
Could this be a "false flag" movement...?
full

• Optimistic
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟826,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Could this be a "false flag" movement...?

What would that mean in this instance? It's fabricated? I don't know. But Matt Gaetz has already signed on, if that tells us anything.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟949,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What would that mean in this instance? It's fabricated? I don't know. But Matt Gaetz has already signed on, if that tells us anything.
I know that white supremacists got behind him, but so did conservatives of other nationalities, evangelicals, conservative homosexuals and, even, many Democrats in our neck of the woods. He might have appealed to white supremacists, but his appeal was broader than that. The "Anglo-Saxon" emphasis seems a bit narrower than what he demonstrated in office.

If he wasn't a white supremacist before, the "Anglo-Saxon" identification would make him one, now. That is why I suspected this to be a false flag action.
Wouldn't that make him to be anti-Semitic, too?
That is another accusation that I did not see fulfilled.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟826,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I know that white supremacists got behind him, but so did conservatives of other nationalities, evangelicals, conservative homosexuals and, even, many Democrats in our neck of the woods. He might have appealed to white supremacists, but his appeal was broader than that. The "Anglo-Saxon" emphasis seems a bit narrower than what he demonstrated in office.

If he wasn't a white supremacist before, the "Anglo-Saxon" identification would make him one, now. That is why I suspected this to be a false flag action.
Wouldn't that make him to be anti-Semitic, too?
That is another accusation that I did not see fulfilled.

I'm still not understanding what you mean by false flag. Do you mean the supposed caucus is really a ploy by Democrats to put forward a narrative of their own making? I guess that could happen.

I don't see Democrats having to do much work to show this caucus (assuming it's actual) is an extension of the last administration, in spirit at least. There's no need for a false flag to nurse the narrative.

Of the two scenarios presented, the simplest explanation is this caucus represents the intention (meaning) of the last administration.

What is interesting is the use of "Anglo-Saxon" instead of "western." That reads to me as flat out white supremacy.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟949,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That reads to me as flat out white supremacy.
To me, too. That is what strikes me as odd.

The possibilities (as I see them),
  1. The white supremacy demographic wants to create a party to accommodate him (ride his coattails);
  2. Antifa is creating this narrative to keep him and his political heirs from gaining traction.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟826,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

1. The white supremacy demographic wants to create a party to accommodate him (ride his coattails);
  2. Antifa is creating this narrative to keep him and his political heirs from gaining traction.

I definitely agree with 1. My credence level for 2 is pretty low. I guess time will tell. I didn't get the sense the report is thoroughly vetted.

Upvote 0

WolfGate

Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟448,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seeing as how Marjorie Greene's staffer Nick Dyer has confirmed the group and flyer, and Gaetz and Gohmert have tweeted about joining, it's real and not a false flag. Many articles on a quick search will get you those.

Let that wing of the GOP become more and more blatant in their racism. It will finally give the rest of the party the backbone to take out the filth and get back to competing for the citizen's support on issues that help us all, an arena where conservatives have some good ideas that have recently gotten lost behind the politics of lies.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟826,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
progeny of European architecture

Progeny of European architecture? I know defenders will say it's reference is to political ideals, but it reads "white folks."

Well, I hope conservatives like Democrat administrations. This is trashy stuff.

Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟271,086.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Even ignoring the racial dimensions, its awfully worded. So awkwardly nebulous and vague.

I hope by "uniquely Anglo-Saxon political traditions" they mean Enlightenment values tied to a bicameral legislature, a strongly independent judiciary and bureaucray.

Unfortunately, this could also mean rotten boroughs, executing leaders, peerage, sectarianism, a passage between the state Church and parliament, and a tendency to "accidentally" end up colonising other countries. Oh, and helping to start major global conflicts.

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sabertooth

Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟949,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, I hope conservatives like Democrat administrations. This is trashy stuff.
As close as he came to being re-elected last time, I can't see Trump abandoning so many of his previous endorsements. It seems that he would try to maintain what he has and get more if he can.

A white supremacy party cannot do that for him.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
"Conservative House of Representatives Republicans plan to form an "America First" caucus to promote the policies of ex-President Donald Trump and said on Friday the group would soon release a policy platform.

The platform promotes "a common respect for uniquely Anglo-Saxon political traditions" and advocates for infrastructure with aesthetic value that "befits the progeny of European architecture," Punchbowl News reported on Friday."

https://www.usnews.com/news/top-new...america-first-caucus-raises-hackles-over-race
Ah yes. The past is not nearly as troublesome once we literally whitewash it.

I have changed my mind! Instead of doing the hard work of trying to fix our problems I have opted for the Ostrich Defense. Sign me up. I am going to stick my head in the sand until we are back in the days of Leave it to Beaver and Father Knows Best.

• Haha
Reactions: Speedwell
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Why is it odd?

Why aren't you considering the obvious third possibility?

3. It's legit.​

• Optimistic
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
As close as he came to being re-elected last time, I can't see Trump abandoning so many of his previous endorsements. It seems that he would try to maintain what he has and get more if he can.

A white supremacy party cannot do that for him.

Oath Keepers, Proud Boys, "Unite the Right..."

They can certainly try...

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Oath Keepers, Proud Boys, "Unite the Right..."

They can certainly try...
Hmm, having second thoughts about the decision to employ the Ostrich defense and "unite the white" are these the people that I would have to keep company with? Forget it, I guess instead of white washing history we will need to concentrate on the problems that really do exist.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟310,194.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

Finally a political movement for old rich Anglos.

America will never be the same.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Hmm, having second thoughts about the decision to employ the Ostrich defense and "unite the white" are these the people that I would have to keep company with? Forget it, I guess instead of white washing history we will need to concentrate on the problems that really do exist.

It's a pretty problem for the "moderate" right... no matter how many times they say "we're not with these guys," there's no getting around the fact that these guys are with them..

Umm... how many times have they said "we're not with these guys," again?

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟426,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
....and advocates for infrastructure with aesthetic value that "befits the progeny of European architecture," Punchbowl News reported on Friday."....
Oh birther. Beating this horse again.

Personally one style I cannot stand is neo-Palladian classical revival. I tolerate it in the US Capitol and certain other historical buildings. But more of this dispiriting brick brutality? Please, no. (Liberty University)

1253a808df6e79a2a90c77171adee8c0.jpg

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.