Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are Americans arrogant or only certain people? Has this lead to us being attack by the Japanese and by terrorists in 9-11?

The Japanese didn't attack the US because it was arrogant ...

• Informative
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

Galaxy Hunter

Jan 11, 2018
Milky Way Galaxy
✟19,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are Americans arrogant or only certain people??
I'm not arrogant and I'm an American so the answer must be "only certain people" are arrogant. So now you should take out the word "Americans" and insert any other country name. You would then find "only certain people" will be the answer every time.

• Agree
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well while we didn't any attack because of arrogance, I do think in general we are an arrogant country. Which is why when 9/11 happened, people were in such shock and blown away by it. People seemed to our country as invisible and the best there ever was. It really brought people back to reality. I'd in NO way say I liked 9/11 of course, but I seen a wake up call of some sort was coming before hand. And sadly we sort of have gotten back into our arrogance again. We built World Trade Center One as to tell bad guys "You can't stop us!".

Which why I understand the gesture and the fact we are united, I also realize it just makes other countries hate us more. Especially our enemies.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well while we didn't any attack because of arrogance, I do think in general we are an arrogant country. Which is why when 9/11 happened, people were in such shock and blown away by it. People seemed to our country as invisible and the best there ever was. It really brought people back to reality. I'd in NO way say I liked 9/11 of course, but I seen a wake up call of some sort was coming before hand. And sadly we sort of have gotten back into our arrogance again. We built World Trade Center One as to tell bad guys "You can't stop us!".

Which why I understand the gesture and the fact we are united, I also realize it just makes other countries hate us more. Especially our enemies.

It's not that America is arrogant, thought in some ways we may be.

America is powerful (by the grace of God), and we often flex our power on ways that others disagree with.

With almost 200 nation's (not to mention, people groups in the world) disagreement is inevitable.

But to reflect upon this ... what America has NOT become, though it likely has/had the power to do so, ... is to become an Empire, conquering where we will ... crushing our enemies.

For all of America's flaws, so far, l believe that she remains committed to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness for ALL people's of the world.

We still have far to go to fulfill these goals, ... but I believe that MOST Americans are still on board with these ideals ...

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Are Americans arrogant or only certain people? Has this lead to us being attack by the Japanese and by terrorists in 9-11?
As a Brit, sitting piously in judgement across the pond, I reject the notion that Americans are arrogant. The accused is free to go.
Next please..........

Seriously, there will always be arrogant people out there, and as someone once said, "Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!" Thus great power will always corrupt certain people, and if you want evidence of that, just look at the church!

The freedom that is unique in the west has allowed certain people to obtain enormous wealth and power to control the common man and subvert government.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

It's common to fault other people for traights one is personally dealing with themselves.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums