2 Tim. 2:24-26
Jan 9, 2002
Northern California
Visit site
✟1,980.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by Yauming
I would caution any Christian from saying that the Twin Tower disaster is a judgement from God against the global world system. Why? Because it was a tragedy. Innocent people were killed. Did none of you weep when you saw the planes crash into the towers? Did none of you cry when you saw people jumping out of the buildings to escape the flames and smoke? Did any of you pray that somehow the spirit of God would convince them of the Saving grace of Jesus before they died? Or did you jump with joy and say Maranatha, this proves that Jesus is coming soon?

Forgive me if I am wrong but I seem to detect a certain *glee* among some of the posts at this terrible massacre. It is offensive to me as a Christian. Hence I am striving to point out that we should look at the natural first before we speculate on the supernatural or comment on our insight into Satan's plans.
Religous fanatics went on a suicide mission and killed thousands of mainly American citizens. Many people are upset over this and our witness of the love of the Gospel of Jesus Christ will be rendered ineffective by ranting of such wild 'global new world order' speculations.

I agree. Jesus told a story in Luke 13:1-5 that sums it up best:

There were present at that season some who told Him about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. 2 And Jesus answered and said to them, “Do you suppose that these Galileans were worse sinners than all other Galileans, because they suffered such things? 3 I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish. 4 Or those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them, do you think that they were worse sinners than all other men who dwelt in Jerusalem? 5 I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.”
The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Upvote 0

Josiah

Super suction ears away!
Jan 20, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟716.00
It was a tragedy and for anyone to be joyful over the loss of human life is a greater tragedy. However, just because we step back and look at events that are happening from a potentially prophetic viewpoint and note the apparent immenent return of Christ, it doesn't mean we are "gleeful" over the tragedy.

Regardless of what ANYONE says, America and the rest of the world is evil. There are no "good" people and "bad" people. We are all bad - "For all have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of GOD. - America IS subject to God's wrath at anytime because we have forsaken His ways and turned to worthless idols (entertainment, power, money and even literal idol worship. IE - Any buddhist Americans (as only 1 example)). Having said that, why would it seem so strange for God to judge America in ANY way? Are we too righteous for judgement? Would HE be unjust if it came to light that the attack actually WAS a judgement from GOD?

I do understand what you're saying - that it's more harmful to go spouting that the tragedy was a judgement from God. But then again, what about Jonah. What if he had not spoken to Ninevah about their sins and had not told them that God was going to DESTROY them? They never would have repented.

In the towers, there were Christians and non-Christians. The towers didn't fall because the people in them were evil, necessarily. Maybe it was just a wake-up call. Is it part of God's master plan? I believe so. WAS the attack a judgement from God? We don't know. Will God judge America? I think the Bible answers that...

I am not "happy" about any tragedy that befalls anyone. Neither is God - 2 Peter 3:9. But I am joyful that He may be preparing to return...and nobody can steal that joy! :)

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hey Yauming,
I really can't see where you're coming from. You totally missed my point, and not only that, you have twisted my words. The meaning you give is not mine. At no time did I ever mention anything about feeling joy or glee, and the only people that I saw celebrating this tragety were the Palestinians. Also, I never once said that this was the judgment of God, but rather that God allowed Satan. There was a lot more that I disagreed with from your first reply, but for the sake of not arguing, I let it go. Now you have people responding to your replies, wrongly accusing me of things I never said or implied. I would suggest that you go back and re-read my original post, and then, if you still don't get it, then maybe we (you and I) should agree to disagree. I feel like I was led here, but not for arguing or competing against other beliefs. I knew from the start that not everyone would see what I see, and it is not my purpose to force it down anyones throat. Your opinion is fine, for you, but you are twisting mine. Your words aren't mine, but you a making it appear like they are.

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hey Yauming,
I don't get your point. Where is the glee, joy and now happy too?
Where is Gods judgment? Let me give you a little hint, you won't find none of these. You don't have to beat around the bush, just come straight out and say whats on your mind. It seems to me, that all you are trying to do, is to bring division among the brethren. It also seems very odd, that as a moderator, you never have a kind word to say about anybody. I sense a wolf in sheeps clothing here. I don't appreciate someone trying to put words in my mouth, and I'm getting sick and tired of this non-sense. Go ahead and state your case, and I'll promise not to run. I just want to be done with this, but you want to drag it through the mud, all because you lack understanding of what I'm saying.

Upvote 0

Debbie

Dec 11, 2001
Visit site
✟1,142.00
Today is the second time I have ever been here, & the first time I have ever posted. I read this whole thread. It is obvious that Yamahu doesn't understand what Rolling Thunder wrote. Even when quoting rolling thunder, Yamahu ASSUMES he means something different from what he wrote. It makes for a difficult discussion when people assume you mean something you did not write. God allowing satan to make the towers fall, does not mean it was God's plan. It means it was satan's plan that God did not stop. It was all very clear to me. Another person spoke of the tragedy of other people being gleeful over the tragedy. They were referring to other muslims in foreign nations. We saw them jump for joy on TV.

Upvote 0
Well that's true. But then again Noah was specifically directed by God to warn Ninevah about the problem. He even got a fish to "deliver" him to the doorstep. lol

If God has spoken to you directly to tell America that the WTC fall was a judgement from God then you should; I'm not talking about "vague voices in your head".

Originally posted by Josiah
......then again, what about Jonah. What if he had not spoken to Ninevah about their sins and had not told them that God was going to DESTROY them? They never would have repented.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sbbqb7n16

Veteran - Blue Bible Dude
Jan 13, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟25,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe no one understands how "God's Plan" works....In fact no one does at all!! But here's my take on things

It is a big chain of events that all works out for the good in the end. Allowing others to do some evil acts allows Him to glorify Himself in the end. For example- The WTC attacks.... God didn't necessarily "cause" the attacks. Literally it was the highjackers, BUT God allowed it so that He might glorify Himself in the end. Whether that is by moving the countries into place for the end-times return of Christ....or by getting America to pray again.....one way or the other God will glorify Himself through it.

"What they have meant for evil- God has meant for good" Somewhere in Daniel --Have no idea exact verse :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Apologist

Jan 9, 2002
Northern California
Visit site
✟1,980.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by sbbqb7n16
Maybe no one understands how "God's Plan" works....In fact no one does at all!! But here's my take on things

It is a big chain of events that all works out for the good in the end. Allowing others to do some evil acts allows Him to glorify Himself in the end. For example- The WTC attacks.... God didn't necessarily "cause" the attacks. Literally it was the highjackers, BUT God allowed it so that He might glorify Himself in the end. Whether that is by moving the countries into place for the end-times return of Christ....or by getting America to pray again.....one way or the other God will glorify Himself through it.

"What they have meant for evil- God has meant for good" Somewhere in Daniel --Have no idea exact verse :rolleyes:

I agree brother. If you get the chance, listen to John MacArthur Jr tomorrow on the "Grace to You" broadcast on the radio. He is finishing a 3-day series on the WTC attacks and explaining a little about why they did it. It goes along with his new book, "Terrorism, Jihad, and the Bible."

God Bless

Upvote 0

Josiah

Super suction ears away!
Jan 20, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟716.00
Originally posted by Yauming
If God has spoken to you directly to tell America that the WTC fall was a judgement from God then you should; I'm not talking about "vague voices in your head".

I agree totally. :) We have no right to say, "This IS the way things are" unless God specifically tells him to. I believe we have too many "prophets" today - They seem to be everywhere (I guess you have firsthand experience with that, huh? - ie: the visitor to your church - the "prophet"). The Bible tells us the way to tell a true prophet from a false prophet...it says:

Jeremiah 28:8&9

From early times the prophets who preceded you and me have prophesied war, disaster and plague against many countries and great kingdoms.
But the prophet who prophesies peace will be recognized as one truly sent by the LORD only if his prediction comes true."

for the record, I DON'T believe I am a prophet (SHEESH! That's funny!) nor do I think I have a particular revelation from God to share. I just think that there's a purpose to everything that happens and that everything is in God's hands and knowing that brings me great joy (even though it seems like I screw up pretty much by the hour! :) )

Nobody really knows if the attack was or wasn't a judgement from God, so I don't THINK anybody has the right to say that it definitely was - but like I said before, I believe it was part of God's plan.

:)

Upvote 0

Apologist

Jan 9, 2002
Northern California
Visit site
✟1,980.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by Josiah

I agree totally. :) We have no right to say, "This IS the way things are" unless God specifically tells him to. I believe we have too many "prophets" today - They seem to be everywhere (I guess you have firsthand experience with that, huh? - ie: the visitor to your church - the "prophet"). The Bible tells us the way to tell a true prophet from a false prophet...it says:

Jeremiah 28:8&9

From early times the prophets who preceded you and me have prophesied war, disaster and plague against many countries and great kingdoms.
But the prophet who prophesies peace will be recognized as one truly sent by the LORD only if his prediction comes true."

for the record, I DON'T believe I am a prophet (SHEESH! That's funny!) nor do I think I have a particular revelation from God to share. I just think that there's a purpose to everything that happens and that everything is in God's hands and knowing that brings me great joy (even though it seems like I screw up pretty much by the hour! :) )

Nobody really knows if the attack was or wasn't a judgement from God, so I don't THINK anybody has the right to say that it definitely was - but like I said before, I believe it was part of God's plan.

I don't believe anyone gets a word from God anymore as the prophets of old did. God's written word is all we need after the closing of the cannon of scripture.

Upvote 0
Whoa!!!!!!! That's a whole super thesis thread all by itself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And since I'm happy today... let me welcome you to the prophecy forum in which I have the dubious distinction of being moderator.

Happy a Good day! Me I'm going for lunch now!!!!! :)

YM

Originally posted by Apologist

I don't believe anyone gets a word from God anymore as the prophets of old did. God's written word is all we need after the closing of the cannon of scripture.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Josiah

Super suction ears away!
Jan 20, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟716.00
Originally posted by Apologist

I don't believe there are prophets anymore either...But I do believe that if we are seeking God He can and may reveal things to us - give us a clearer understanding, if you will, that helps us understand things we didn't before (Hey, he may even give us a clearer understanding of how His Word applies to current events :eek: ) - but I don't believe those things will ever conflict or be anything COMPLETELY new in ADDITION to His Word. I guess I'd say I wouldn't want to box God in and say He can't or won't ever do that...knowhutimean?

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Before you all start jumping on rollinTHUNDER about being a false prophet, I think it would be a good idea to see if he ever even said, that he was a prophet. Don't just take Yaumings word for it. In fact, I would even check into this Yauming, and see if he has ever mis-quoted someone before, like this rollinTHUNDER guy.
Go ahead- it should be very easy to prove.

And if you say that God doesn't talk to anyone anymore these days, then what God are you serving? My God says He does, and so does the Bible. Check out this verse, but it might not be in your bible, but it is in mine.

Acts 2:17 - "In the last days, God says, I will pour out my spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams."

My God is not a God of fear!

Upvote 0

Josiah

Super suction ears away!
Jan 20, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟716.00
I wasn't jumping on you, brother, I'm with you! I understand everything you've said and I agree. I guess I just don't fully understand this current-day prophecy/prophesy thing. I mean, sometimes it's clear like when a prophet speaks a specific word of prophecy of events to come or a word in due season but what about scripture like 1 Samuel 19:18-24:

18 When David had fled and made his escape, he went to Samuel at Ramah and told him all that Saul had done to him. Then he and Samuel went to Naioth and stayed there.
19 Word came to Saul: "David is in Naioth at Ramah";
20 so he sent men to capture him. But when they saw a group of prophets prophesying, with Samuel standing there as their leader, the Spirit of God came upon Saul's men and they also prophesied.
21 Saul was told about it, and he sent more men, and they prophesied too. Saul sent men a third time, and they also prophesied.
22 Finally, he himself left for Ramah and went to the great cistern at Secu. And he asked, "Where are Samuel and David?" "Over in Naioth at Ramah," they said.
23 So Saul went to Naioth at Ramah. But the Spirit of God came even upon him, and he walked along prophesying until he came to Naioth.
24 He stripped off his robes and also prophesied in Samuel's presence. He lay that way all that day and night. This is why people say, "Is Saul also among the prophets?"

This almost seems like they are "in the Spirit" and speaking in tongues or something. Could this be what that verse means about the last days (Acts 2:17)? (I'm not too sure about speaking in tongues either...I was part of a pentecostal church for about a year that put a WHOLE lot of emphasis on speaking in tongues and, in my opinion, used it improperly - My opinion based on much personal Bible study on the subject. But speaking in tongues is a whole new subject! :) )

Someone help me with this! :confused:

Upvote 0

Apologist

Jan 9, 2002
Northern California
Visit site
✟1,980.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by rollinTHUNDER
Before you all start jumping on rollinTHUNDER about being a false prophet, I think it would be a good idea to see if he ever even said, that he was a prophet. Don't just take Yaumings word for it. In fact, I would even check into this Yauming, and see if he has ever mis-quoted someone before, like this rollinTHUNDER guy.
Go ahead- it should be very easy to prove.

And if you say that God doesn't talk to anyone anymore these days, then what God are you serving? My God says He does, and so does the Bible. Check out this verse, but it might not be in your bible, but it is in mine.

Acts 2:17 - "In the last days, God says, I will pour out my spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams."

My God is not a God of fear!

Don't stop at verse 17 brother, continue with the rest of the verses:

18 And on My menservants and on My maidservants
I will pour out My Spirit in those days;
And they shall prophesy.
19 I will show wonders in heaven above
And signs in the earth beneath:
Blood and fire and vapor of smoke.
20 The sun shall be turned into darkness,
And the moon into blood,
Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord.
The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

I agree that God will pour out His Spirit in those days but according to the verse you quoted there will be signs in the heavens like we have never seen before. That has not happened yet.

God Bless

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Apologist,
There are lots of signs going on in the heavens. Eclipses, planets lining up, and a very major sign in the heavens that has been there for quite a few years now, SATELITES by the thousands, not to even mention the space shuttle, that no one ever heard of back in biblical times.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.