• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

amends

Kristen.NewCreation

Jul 11, 2007
Visit site
✟303,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What is on your heart to say to them?

I think that sometimes amends are easier to write than to say, which for others, speaking is easier than writing. I don't think there is a right or wrong way to make amends. Focusing on "I" statements as to the problems it caused is a good thought. Sharing how you've changed is also something to consider. It depends on how much too, that you are comfortable sharing, and if you might want to open it up to them asking you questions now, or just making it a statement of amends. Making amends doesn't mean you have to have someone in your life now either, in case there it would be worse to pursue a relationship than to stay out of them in the long run. These are just my thoughts. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

Kristen.NewCreation

Jul 11, 2007
Visit site
✟303,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It sounds like you've reached out to him since you posted. Since he's not responding so far, do you have other thoughts on what your next steps are? How do you want to handle this? How are you doing with your eating with all of this going on?

Upvote 0