Status
Not open for further replies.

sola fide

neo-Puritan
Aug 2, 2002
✟660.00
Faith
Calvinist
The vast majority of professing evangelica Christian denominations do consider themselves ambassadors for Christ. Denominal names are necessary because of preferences in worship style. If all churches were simply called "centers for Christian ambassadorship", excuse the spelling, then you might find yourself walking into a place feeling completely uncomfortable and awkward. I'm a baptist who formerly attended a charismatic church, where I was totally uncomfortable.
I know that if I walked into a church where people were running around and speaking in tongues I would feel uncomfortable. And since churches are labled by denominal names, I know where I can most likely go and feel comfortable. If I go to a baptist or presbyterian church, I most likely won't have to worry about a worship style I'm not comfortable with.
Hope that's what you were asking, ask more clearly if that's not what you wanted. God bless.

Soli Deo gloria!

Upvote 0

aforchrist33

Feb 19, 2002
Maine
Visit site
✟630.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Dear Solo Fied;

Welcome! and thank's for your participation. You answer in general sounds very logical, but as Christians we must be aware that an honest conclusion must be based on "Rightly dividing" scripture. (2 Timothy 2:15)

1. I believe it is a question of "Minority" rather then "Majority" When was the last time you saw a denominational sign claiming "Ambassadorship For Christ" rather then a warning label?

2. You claim that "Denominational names are nessary because of preferences" when Paul tells us not to label differences. (1 Corinthians 1:10-13)

3. As for "Walking into a place feeling completely uncomfortable" Paul said we were to go to such places to unite them. (1 Corinthians 9:19-22)

4. As to "I can most likely go and feel comfortable" Paul warned us not to do such a thing. (2 Timothy 4:3) but to mark those who cause denominational divisions (Romans 16:17) because of their carnality. (1 Corinthians 3:3.4)

I pray God will give you the the love of truth and courage to defend it.

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
My neighbor is in an "Ambassdors for Christ" group, and I don't think it is a denominational thing. I take my store to their food pantry, and the group is made up of catholics, pentocostals, methodists, dunkard brethern, and any other Christian who wants to serve.

They do food pantry, feed the homeless in the nearby major city everyday, take tracts to fairs and festivals, support foreign missions, etc.

Upvote 0

aforchrist33

Feb 19, 2002
Maine
Visit site
✟630.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Dear Lambslove;

Welcome! and thanks for your testimony. I also believe in helping others, but are you interested in defending being identified as a nondenominational (1 Corinthians 12:25) "Ambassadors For Christ" (2 Corinthians 5:20) or just pleased to participate in helping those in need?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.