Ambassador Volker refused to agree with Adam Schiff's mis-characterization of events in Ukraine

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
From the "Kangaroo court", files: Schiff pushed Volker to say Ukraine felt pressure from Trump

Volker denied that was the case, noting that Ukrainian leaders did not even know the aid was being withheld and that they believed their relationship with the U.S. was moving along satisfactorily, without them having done anything Trump mentioned in his notorious July 25 phone conversation with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.

When Volker repeatedly declined to agree to Schiff's characterization of events, Schiff said, "Ambassador, you're making this much more complicated than it has to be."

Bummer ...

"Ambassador, I find it remarkable as a career diplomat that you have difficulty acknowledging that when Ukraine learned that their aid had been suspended for unknown reasons, that this wouldn't add additional urgency to a request by the president of the United States. I find that remarkable."

I find it remarkable that the chairman of a committee subpoenaing witnesses would be pressuring a witness to testify in accordance with what the chairman wants to hear rather than seeking the truth.

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From the "Kangaroo court", files: Schiff pushed Volker to say Ukraine felt pressure from Trump

Volker denied that was the case, noting that Ukrainian leaders did not even know the aid was being withheld and that they believed their relationship with the U.S. was moving along satisfactorily, without them having done anything Trump mentioned in his notorious July 25 phone conversation with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.

When Volker repeatedly declined to agree to Schiff's characterization of events, Schiff said, "Ambassador, you're making this much more complicated than it has to be."

Bummer ...

"Ambassador, I find it remarkable as a career diplomat that you have difficulty acknowledging that when Ukraine learned that their aid had been suspended for unknown reasons, that this wouldn't add additional urgency to a request by the president of the United States. I find that remarkable."

I find it remarkable that the chairman of a committee subpoenaing witnesses would be pressuring a witness to testify in accordance with what the chairman wants to hear rather than seeking the truth.
I agree if that is what was said.

Note, it seems there must a Republican leaking what is going on behind closed doors.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I agree if that is what was said.

Note, it seems there must a Republican leaking what is going on behind closed doors.
Volker could be leaking it. Anyone could be leaking it. Miniature recording devices are readily available.

That said, I'd assumed a transcript had been released by the committee.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Volker could be leaking it. Anyone could be leaking it. Miniature recording devices are readily available.

That said, I'd assumed a transcript had been released by the committee.
Considering what you have been saying about the Democrats on the committee, I doubt that they would have released this statement. Surely you don't think the Dems. are telling on themselves?
As far as the recording device, what difference does that make in who leaked it?
If I had to guess I'd say the leaker is the Republican who sits on the Judiciary Committee.

Upvote 0