• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Amazon Synod Please explain

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by redleghunter, Feb 13, 2020.

1. redleghunter

redleghunter Thank You Jesus! Supporter

+32,227
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    For our Roman Catholic members.

I’ve read several articles over the past 6 months on the Amazon Synod. Some Roman Catholics have been very helpful explaining the details. However, now with the Pope’s exhortation and the final document the water gets a bit muddy.

For any Roman Catholics following the Synod closely would like your thoughts. Below is Life Site taking a swing at it.

Vatican spokesman: Pope’s Amazon synod exhortation is ‘magisterium…final document is not’

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. bbbbbbb

bbbbbbb Well-Known Member

+9,618
    Non-Denom
    Perhaps you might want to have a moderator move this thread to the Denomination Specific board of CF. I think you will probably get more and better responses there.

3. Bob Crowley

Bob Crowley Well-Known Member Supporter

+496
    Australia
    Catholic
    Married
    I haven't taken much interest in the Amazon Synod, so I don't really know what went on.

Reading between the lines (and I think you just about have to in this case), the sense I get is the Pope saying "Thanks for all your suggestions. We'll think about them and get back to you ... when it suits us."

In other words, in the short term, I don't think much is going to change.

4. bbbbbbb

bbbbbbb Well-Known Member

+9,618
    Non-Denom
    Why would it? This was hardly an ex cathedra statement from the Pope, but was just various opinions which, knowing the history of papal opinions, will find their way into the Vatican dustbin in due time.