Midlands
✟221,057.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
seems to have been that way for a few centuries in the west and now it's your turn and you're suddenly crying foul.
grow a pair and stop whining.

Members of your religion usually react the worst of all when made fun of or made to be the butt of jokes.

Get of your high horse.

• Friendly
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

All Englands Skies

Christian-Syndicalist
Nov 4, 2008
Midlands
✟221,057.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Once again. As a Muslim I can't point out legitimate oppression without bigoted remarks being thrown my way.
I mean I would care but you're a ukip supporter so I shouldn't be surprised.

Your post was not about "oppression" at all. it was saying that if somebody makes fun of Christians, the Christian should just shut up and accept it and "Grow a pair" as they deserve it because their responsible for all the wrongs other Christians have done. In your world view, Christians are oppressors. So the obvious thing to point out is when some of your co-religionists get offended by jokes against them, they respond with riots and terror, perhaps you should tell them to "grow a pair" and stop reacting that way.

Then when somebody points out your religion isn't perfect and using the same "rules" you've set, that you should get judged by what some of your religion does, the same way you collectively apply responsibility to any Christian with an opinion, suddenly its a bigoted remark against you.

Its hypocrisy on your part no matter how you spin it, to use your own terms, you're "entitled", you think you can say what you like, then scream "bigot" if anybody challenges your blatant hypocrisy. All I've done is apply your own rules against you, stop crying foul and as you put it, "grow a pair"

You say crass remarks of collective blame against Christians = its totally fine, highlighting "oppression"

A Christian replies and points out "as a Muslim", you're a hypocrite = its bigotry and hate against you.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Your post was not about "oppression" at all. it was saying that if somebody makes fun of Christians, the Christian should just shut up and accept it and "Grow a pair" as they deserve it because their responsible for all the wrongs other Christians have done. In your world view, Christians are oppressors. So the obvious thing to point out is when some of your co-religionists get offended by jokes against them, they respond with riots and terror, perhaps you should tell them to "grow a pair" and stop reacting that way.

All monotheists can be "touchy" in that manner, to say the least. It's that whole "1st Commandment" thing, which inevitably begs the question of who is worshipping God in the right way.

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,328.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Cultural misunderstanding. Sort of like this:

7Be2u.jpg

This has got to be put to rest. It's a fake. A recreation by Yoshio Itagaki of a legend that a Japanese store once misunderstood what Christmas is. The original legend was never confirmed as far as I know of.

Japan is not as ignorant as we want to believe them to be. They know full well what Christianity is. They persecuted Christians before during the Tokugawa era. They know who Jesus is and how He was executed. So no, Japan is not ignorant of what Christmas is. They just choose to celebrate it differently as a day for lovers instead of remembrance for Jesus' birth. And there is nothing wrong with celebrating it that way for non-believers.

You can find his work here
Yoshio Itagaki - Santa Cross #NSFW if click next

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟243,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

NOTE: Probably should have added an NSFW tag to that link. Just FYI. The artist's other works may be offensive to some forum denizens. ;)

But I really wonder if this wasn't actually a response or commentary on the fact that Japanese language does not contain the "L" sound, so Santa Claus would be pronounced Santa Craus i.e. Santa Cross by most native Japanese speakers and this piece of art is playing off of that.

I have a friend whose husband's mother is Japanese. Her name is Lori. To this day her MIL calls her Rori.

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,328.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
If you want to find jokes directed at other religions, perhaps you should visit regions where those religions are dominant.

Fun fact. If you're in a country that a religion is dominant, you don't get to make it the butt of any joke. You're welcome to try it in SE Asia where the dominant religions are Islam and Buddhism. Or South Asia where Hinduism, Islam and Buddhism are dominant. Academic critic of the dominant religion will usual bring an angry mob to your door and the government will likely not do a thing or do a token gesture of minimum justice.

It's in Western countries where true separation of church and state is enforce that you can do it.

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,328.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
NOTE: Probably should have added an NSFW tag to that link. Just FYI. The artist's other works may be offensive to some forum denizens. ;)

My bad tag added. But to be fair the link is only to the specific subject in title. Where others may navigate to it's not my concern. I would like to think people in the News & Current Events are adult enough to handle themselves.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟243,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
My bad tag added. But to be fair the link is only to the specific subject in title. Where others may navigate to it's not my concern. I would like to think people in the News & Current Events are adult enough to handle themselves.

Yeah. Just don't click "next" if you're sensitive. :D

I'm not sensitive, but I am on a work laptop so...

Upvote 0

LeastAmonyManyBlessed

Dec 4, 2019
USA
✟9,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
In keeping with the OP,this is atrocious that anyone's racism,bigotry or oppression would be displayed in such thoughtless manner!
Amazon just wanted to make a buck, forget history or any implication of the horrors that were done to God's chosen ppl according to the promise to Abraham or anyone suffering persecution!
Evil abounds when the love of many waxes cold!

• Agree
Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,328.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I'm not sensitive, but I am on a work laptop so...

Well then apologies are in order, good sir. When your manager comes asking you can always blame that one Christian who don't post NSFW tag in links. Not like he will ever find me in person. ^_^

Upvote 0

All Englands Skies

Christian-Syndicalist
Nov 4, 2008
Midlands
✟221,057.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
All monotheists can be "touchy" in that manner, to say the least. It's that whole "1st Commandment" thing, which inevitably begs the question of who is worshipping God in the right way.

I am not denying that, I was just pointing out how some people moan when they're collectively blamed and held responsible and treated like they can't have an opinion or deserve to be treated in a certain way, because of "what they've done" (meaning the group as a whole).

But those same people then do exactly the same themselves and treat the groups they're against as a collective and constantly try and hold them accountable for historic wrongs or try to falsely lump them into one world view

The same people then scream and claim you're "hating on them" when you point it out.

Iluvatar also refuted the earlier point, however there was no problem there when they said in other cultures they might be more prone to make fun out of the dominant belief there, its a legitimate discourse and one that can be debated, like I read some while ago about a comedian in Turkey who mocks Right wing conservative Islam. But others telling someone that if they feel they're made fun off, they should just "grow a pair" and accept it, because now "its there turn" isn't a debate at all, its basically saying members of a certain group deserve all they get for what others in their group have done, hence collective blame, however then the people who do this claim hatred if that they're treated as responsible for all the wrongs their "group" does.

Upvote 0