Northern NSW
✟981,266.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Truly what sicko thinks up something like that?

It's probably a SE Asian manufacturer who was unaware of the specific significance of places like Auschwitz.
OB

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's probably a SE Asian manufacturer who was unaware of the specific significance of places like Auschwitz.
OB

That is absolutely no excuse. Someone thought this up and as I said is truly a sicko. And as for the fact Amazon even had them to sell..............:mad:
Its mindblowing.

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟981,266.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
That is absolutely no excuse. Someone thought this up and as I said is truly a sicko. And as for the fact Amazon even had them to sell..............:mad:
Its mindblowing.

I doubt that anyone "thought this up". Someone simply used a set of "scenic" photos without knowing the significance of the Aushwitz connection.

Since they were part of a larger series of 20 or 30 legit 'scenic' photo ornaments, Amazon would not have been aware of each specific ornament.

I have no doubt that if Amazon was aware of these particular ornaments it would not have been so stupid as to let them through.

While I understand your outrage, I suspect it's misplaced in this case.
OB

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,249,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
OB

Cultural misunderstanding. Sort of like this:

7Be2u.jpg

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I doubt that anyone "thought this up". Someone simply used a set of "scenic" photos without knowing the significance of the Aushwitz connection.

Since they were part of a larger series of 20 or 30 legit 'scenic' photo ornaments, Amazon would not have been aware of each specific ornament.

I have no doubt that if Amazon was aware of these particular ornaments it would not have been so stupid as to let them through.

While I understand your outrage, I suspect it's misplaced in this case.
OB
Thank you for your answer and I get where you're coming from but the day I am not outraged by wrongs is the day I would no longer exist.

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireDragon76

Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,249,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
OB

How about people that use Buddhist imagery as casual decoration? I once saw a Buddha head on top of a toilet in a bathroom. You go to a discount store in the US and you'll often see that kind of thing sold as bric a brac.

Orientalism and appropriation like this has a long history in the western world, it's not that surprising that people in the east would do the same in kind. It's tacky and offensive but when people gotta make a buck, cultural sensitivity is often the last thing on their minds.

• Agree
Reactions: Occams Barber
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,249,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Funny how its Christianity that is always the butt of jokes, like to see the same done about Islam,Krishna etc.

It's not a joke, just a misunderstanding.

Christmas decorations are popular in some parts of Japan but the average Japanese person knows very little about Christianity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Funny how its Christianity that is always the butt of jokes, like to see the same done about Islam,Krishna etc.

Yeah, it's amazing that Christianity would be the butt of jokes in the part of the world where it's been the dominant religion for a few centuries.

If you want to find jokes directed at other religions, perhaps you should visit regions where those religions are dominant.

• Agree
Reactions: jardiniere
Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟239,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

In some instances it could just be survivor bias...

Upvote 0

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟260,324.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
seems to have been that way for a few centuries in the west and now it's your turn and you're suddenly crying foul.
grow a pair and stop whining.

Upvote 0

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟260,324.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, it's amazing that Christianity would be the butt of jokes in the part of the world where it's been the dominant religion for a few centuries.

If you want to find jokes directed at other religions, perhaps you should visit regions where those religions are dominant.
I mean the good 'ol days these people want to return to had everyone else dressed up and portrayed as a stereotype. If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I mean the good 'ol days these people want to return to had everyone else dressed up and portrayed as a stereotype. If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.
I've got no idea what you are talking about.

Upvote 0