Amazing Testimony For A 19 Year Old (Please Read)

Did this inspire you?

• Total voters

Joshua S

Nov 23, 2018
Dunedin
✟14,039.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello all.

I thought I'd share my testimony so far. I'm only 19 but believe me when I tell you my testimony has shocked many. I hope you enjoy the read!

It all started when I was 9 years old. I started acting up at home, swearing, becoming violent and showing aggression towards everyone. I started to have a bad obsession over sharp knives. I was being expelled from nearly every school in town. Teacher Aide's weren't working. Nothing was. Not even the police could scare me. Eventually, I was taken away by the government and placed into care. From there, I went all over the place. I've been to foster homes, non-for-profit trusts that look after people who have disabilities/mental health issues, residential boarding schools, locked up in Care and Protection Facilities, Mental Hospitals, and I've even been charged and ended up remanded in a Youth Prison for 3 months which most of the time I was in the secure ward.

During that time, I had more personal stuff going on. I have nearly died multiple times and this is where people get shocked. I have attempted suicide more than once but I was saved by God, I have nearly drowned in a rapid river but was saved by God, and I have nearly died of Asthma Attacks many times (including at birth) but was saved by God. Every single time I was faced with a near death experience, I never died.

I've done some evil things in my life so far. Some that are unimaginable. Some things I've done even Christians would think, "Who are you? Why do you call yourself a Christian if you do such evil deeds?" Just a few of the evil deeds I've done include abuse towards people and animals, judging God, hating people, threatening to hurt police, threatening to kill, bullying, trolling, manipulating people, lying, and even joining the Church of Satan (which thankfully I regretted as soon as I joined and have not communicated with them at all) and I've done much much more.

I've been seen by many psychiatrists, psychologists, occupational therapists, nurses, doctors, counselors, pediatricians, and even neurologists. I've experienced chronic nightmares nearly every night for the last few years and have been suffering from insomnia for nearly a year. I struggle with emotional pain and occasionally I'll feel physical pain from staying up for long periods of time or such other ways that may cause physical pain.

I have been diagnosed with Autism on the Higher Functioning End as well as PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) and Generalized Anxiety Disorder with the possibility to develop Psychosis later on in life as well as severe bouts of depression from time to time. I also think I'm starting to develop Psychopathic Symptoms which is very unfortunate for me. I've seen, heard and even smelled things that weren't actually there. My mind plays tricks on me and the devil gets in my head constantly. I am at spiritual war most days with my belief in God going up and down. My anger and my love for Him also going up and down.

Do I think I'd enter Heaven right now if I were to die? No. I'd most likely go to Hell. My whole family (parents, siblings, uncles, aunties, etc) are very loving and kind people and I've done the damage. They forgive me but I don't forgive myself.

However, despite all this, God hasn't given up on me. Right now, I'm studying a course in Information Technology. I'm ready to quit. It's hard, stressful, painful and the pressure is on but have I quit? No. I know somewhere inside of me the devil is telling me, "You're useless Joshua, you have no purpose. End your course and your life." And you know what? He has previously gotten into my head so much that I have ended many courses and even attempted suicide like I previously mentioned but I won't let him destroy me this time.

This is my small testimony. The whole thing would take months to write. I hope this can inspire some of you going through a really rough time and just to let you know that you can do and be whatever you want to be. Dream it and you can do it. Don't let the devil tell you you're worthless. The fear of failure is his ally. He will use it to destroy you but if you pray, God will use it to make you. Face the fear, show failure who is boss, and you will succeed.

God Bless

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God be with you, friend. None of us is blameless, and every great saint has been saved from not so great stuff! It is is great to meet you.

Keep following Christ, keep cooperating with God's Will for your life, keep going, and God will save you.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bless you for sharing "Do I think I'd enter Heaven right now if I were to die? No. I'd most likely go to Hell.". The word says.. you believe in Jesus.. you were saved. As you said.. He has not.. nor ever will give up on you. We can't work to get there. It a free gift. He is for you.. never against you. Your GOD? He is your Father. Not of this world. So when HE says.. HE loves you? HELLO! HE LOVES YOU! And is happy with you! You sin? You get up dust off keep going.. repent keep going. He says? Thats why I died.

His JOY is your strength. You are strong in the lord.. in the power of HIS might. You put on the whole armor of GOD.. the peace of GOD.. Jesus gave you His peace.. on and on.. its all HIM! Carrying you! Bless you again for sharing

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Wow! What a testimony...

Just remember how Heaven rejoiced over you (Luke 15:7), when you believed - that will be a comfort to you, into your old age!

It's good that you have identified your enemy, too - that will make you strong in the days to come.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello all.

I thought I'd share my testimony so far. I'm only 19 but believe me when I tell you my testimony has shocked many. I hope you enjoy the read!

It all started when I was 9 years old. I started acting up at home, swearing, becoming violent and showing aggression towards everyone. I started to have a bad obsession over sharp knives. I was being expelled from nearly every school in town. Teacher Aide's weren't working. Nothing was. Not even the police could scare me. Eventually, I was taken away by the government and placed into care. From there, I went all over the place. I've been to foster homes, non-for-profit trusts that look after people who have disabilities/mental health issues, residential boarding schools, locked up in Care and Protection Facilities, Mental Hospitals, and I've even been charged and ended up remanded in a Youth Prison for 3 months which most of the time I was in the secure ward.

During that time, I had more personal stuff going on. I have nearly died multiple times and this is where people get shocked. I have attempted suicide more than once but I was saved by God, I have nearly drowned in a rapid river but was saved by God, and I have nearly died of Asthma Attacks many times (including at birth) but was saved by God. Every single time I was faced with a near death experience, I never died.

I've done some evil things in my life so far. Some that are unimaginable. Some things I've done even Christians would think, "Who are you? Why do you call yourself a Christian if you do such evil deeds?" Just a few of the evil deeds I've done include abuse towards people and animals, judging God, hating people, threatening to hurt police, threatening to kill, bullying, trolling, manipulating people, lying, and even joining the Church of Satan (which thankfully I regretted as soon as I joined and have not communicated with them at all) and I've done much much more.

I've been seen by many psychiatrists, psychologists, occupational therapists, nurses, doctors, counselors, pediatricians, and even neurologists. I've experienced chronic nightmares nearly every night for the last few years and have been suffering from insomnia for nearly a year. I struggle with emotional pain and occasionally I'll feel physical pain from staying up for long periods of time or such other ways that may cause physical pain.

I have been diagnosed with Autism on the Higher Functioning End as well as PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) and Generalized Anxiety Disorder with the possibility to develop Psychosis later on in life as well as severe bouts of depression from time to time. I also think I'm starting to develop Psychopathic Symptoms which is very unfortunate for me. I've seen, heard and even smelled things that weren't actually there. My mind plays tricks on me and the devil gets in my head constantly. I am at spiritual war most days with my belief in God going up and down. My anger and my love for Him also going up and down.

Do I think I'd enter Heaven right now if I were to die? No. I'd most likely go to Hell. My whole family (parents, siblings, uncles, aunties, etc) are very loving and kind people and I've done the damage. They forgive me but I don't forgive myself.

However, despite all this, God hasn't given up on me. Right now, I'm studying a course in Information Technology. I'm ready to quit. It's hard, stressful, painful and the pressure is on but have I quit? No. I know somewhere inside of me the devil is telling me, "You're useless Joshua, you have no purpose. End your course and your life." And you know what? He has previously gotten into my head so much that I have ended many courses and even attempted suicide like I previously mentioned but I won't let him destroy me this time.

This is my small testimony. The whole thing would take months to write. I hope this can inspire some of you going through a really rough time and just to let you know that you can do and be whatever you want to be. Dream it and you can do it. Don't let the devil tell you you're worthless. The fear of failure is his ally. He will use it to destroy you but if you pray, God will use it to make you. Face the fear, show failure who is boss, and you will succeed.

God Bless
Well, all I can say is that I am praying for you. Got a step-son. aged 32 that is going through his own "journey" right now.
We are all sinners saved by Grace and at least now you are now in the right direction. I believe the Apostle Paul is a great example of one who did some horrendous things prior to coming to Christ and for many of us who finally came to Faith ---he is a good example
May God Bless you and show Himself to you. Amen

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, all I can say is that I am praying for you. Got a step-son. aged 32 that is going through his own "journey" right now.
We are all sinners saved by Grace and at least now you are now in the right direction. I believe the Apostle Paul is a great example of one who did some horrendous things prior to coming to Christ and for many of us who finally came to Faith ---he is a good example
May God Bless you and show Himself in Abundance to you. Amen

Upvote 0

Ken Byrne

born-again believer
Aug 29, 2019
Quakertown, PA
✟7,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hello all.

God Bless

Upvote 0

Ken Byrne

born-again believer
Aug 29, 2019
Quakertown, PA
✟7,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Joshua, very serious testimony. As a discipleship opportunity, I am authoring a book about salvation. Contributors are tell the story of their life, how they came to know & accept Jesus and the changes it has made since being saved. I can email you my personal testimony if you send me your email address. byrneken3@gmail.com Thank you, Ken

Upvote 0