Virginia
✟9,581.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If there is something that I love it's pipes! Hubby plays but has gotten out of it, but I'm working to get him back to it again. That was like 'seal the deal' when I found that out when we started dating LOL. He used to play in a Pipe and Drum Corp in High School and wasn't too shabby at all (esp in the kilt LOL).
I've already told him that we have to buy a farm somewhere so he can actually play outside. :)

Upvote 0

katherine2001

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Billings, MT
Visit site
✟11,346.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Yup

Nothing like the pipes to give you shivers all down your spine :)

I love the bagpipes! I have several CD's and I loved it when BBC America would show the Military Tattoo in Edinburgh. I have a lot of Scottish blood in me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thanks, Tonks

At a Greek Orthodox Church Musician's Conference, one of the lecturers told us that this hymn, Amazing Grace, is actually taken from the sacred music of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church. Apparently Ethiopians do not have eight tones like the Byzantines, but only three. When an Ethiopian Bishop came to America to visit, he was taken to a Gospel music concert. He was shocked when a protestant choir sang Amazing Grace and exclaimed that the melody came from the Ethiopians. This is not surprising given the origin of the hymn as found on a slave ship filled with Ethiopians.

Upvote 0

katherine2001

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Billings, MT
Visit site
✟11,346.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Oh make no mistake about it I love pipes too :)

Both my daughters when young learnt to play the Chanter , and I still have Raymond's pipes .

Do the different tartans that the bagpipers are wearing in teh video represent the different regiments? I'm assuming that this is the case. Do civilian bagpipers wear the tartans of their clans? I've never seen bagpipes without the tartans woven in them.

Upvote 0