AMAZING FUN FACTS ON GOD'S 4th COMMANDMENT AND SUNDAY WORSHIP!

clefty

Sep 17, 2020
Chattanooga
✟16,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yea just not obey God's 4th commandment :scratch:

right that is too Jewish...the other 9 are not...those don't include the non Jews like the Sabbath one does...but at least they are NOT just for Jews...

But for Israel...which we are NOT?

sigh

• Haha
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is no reference to Mt Sinai at all in any of Hebrews 3 or Hebrews 4. Hebrews 4:3-5 specifically says [3], For we which have believed do enter into rest (GOD'S REST; HIS REST v1), as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into MY REST (GOD'S REST): ALTHOUGH THE WORKS WERE FINISHED FROM THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD.[4], FOR HE SPOKE IN A CERTAIN PLACE (GENSIS 2:1-3) OF THE SEVENTH DAY ON THIS WISE, AND GOD DID REST THE SEVENTH DAY FROM ALL HIS WORKS. [5], And in this place again, If they shall enter into MY REST (GOD'S REST being the seventh day Sabbath of creation v3-5).
Good day to you my friend.
No evidence God spake in Genesis 2:1-4 on our first Sabbath. However.....
Exod 20:1 And God spake all these words, saying,

And that my brother would be the speaking that HE spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. Heb 4:4

And that certain place was Mt. Sinai.

WE will address the rest of your post later God willing.

May the Lord our GOD continue to keep us and guide us in HIS Way Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
the shift is subtle but profound and occurs in the translating of sabbatismos a Hebrew-Greek linguistic mashup word to describe the “I DO” of a Jew-Greek “marriage” and “what Yah joins together let no man separate”...

translating “sabbatismos” as just reposing misses that it is a Sabbath KEEPING...AFTER SIX DAYS OF WORK

there is a repose a κατάπαυσις (katapausis) Acts 7:49 but there remains ALSO a Sabbath keeping to get there...

to cease/rest katapauó Hebrews 4:10 our work JUST AS He did...after six days of work...

add to that thinking Yah permanently ceased His work after six days is NOT His Way as He works still...
Hello clefty,

Never said any different. Not sure why you posted this in response to the post you responded to.

Father God thank you for being with us and guiding us in alll we do. May our eyes continue to be open and our hearts molded to your guiding in and through Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0

clefty

Sep 17, 2020
Chattanooga
✟16,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello clefty,

Never said any different. Not sure why you posted this in response to the post you responded to.

Father God thank you for being with us and guiding us in alll we do. May our eyes continue to be open and our hearts molded to your guiding in and through Christ Jesus.

Just thought it helpful as we wish to share the various “rests” we receive from Him...

And the physical blessing of that physical rest...sleep...nature...fellowship

Its healing:

Does seem like our bodies were MADE to rest that one day...

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: HIM
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Good day to you my friend.
No evidence God spake in Genesis 2:1-4 on our first Sabbath. However.....
Exod 20:1 And God spake all these words, saying,

And that my brother would be the speaking that HE spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. Heb 4:4

And that certain place was Mt. Sinai.

WE will address the rest of your post later God willing.

May the Lord our GOD continue to keep us and guide us in HIS Way Jesus Christ.

Hello HIM, nice to see you again. The evidence is in GENESIS 2:1-3 you left it out here by only part quoting me above.

Here it is again...

GENESIS 2:1-3 [1], Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. [2], And ON THE SEVENTH DAY God ended his work which he had made; and HE RESTED (GOD'S REST) [שׁבת; shâbath H7673; KEEP SABBATH] on the SEVENTH DAY from all his work which he had made. [3], And GOD BLESSED THE SEVENTH DAY AND MADE IT HOLY: BECAUSE THAT IN IT HE HAD RESTED (GOD'S REST) [שׁבת; shâbath H7673; Keep Sabbath] from all his work which God created and made.

links to....

HEBREWS 4:1-11
[1], Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into HIS REST, (GOD'S REST) any of you should seem to come short of it.
[2], For to us was the gospel preached, as well as to them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
[3], For we which have believed do enter into rest (GOD'S REST; HIS REST v1), as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into MY REST (GOD'S REST): ALTHOUGH THE WORKS WERE FINISHED FROM THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD.
[4], FOR HE SPOKE IN A CERTAIN PLACE (GENSIS 2:1-3) OF THE SEVENTH DAY ON THIS WISE, AND GOD DID REST THE SEVENTH DAY FROM ALL HIS WORKS.
[5], And in this place again, If they shall enter into MY REST (GOD'S REST being the seventh day Sabbath of creation v3-5).

Note: Hebrews 4:1-5 is in relation to God's rest. God's rest is in relation to the works of creation finished from the foundations of the world. The reference to he spoke in a certain place is to the "seventh day that God rested from all His works" which is written in Genesis 2:1-3. God's rest (His Rest; My Rest) being spoken of in Hebrews 4:3-5 is in reference to God's rest at creation where God blessed the "seventh day" and made it a "holy day" of rest for all mankind *Mark 2:27. Those who do not believe the gospel do not enter into Gods rest [seventh day Sabbath].

Then it continues...

HEBREWS 4:9 THEREFORE IT REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO KEEP THE SABBATH

Yep looks like the evidence is there alrighty.

God bless

Last edited:
Upvote 0

clefty

Sep 17, 2020
Chattanooga
✟16,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello HIM, nice to see you again. The evidence is in GENESIS 2:1-3 you left it out here by only part quoting me above.

Here it is again...

GENESIS 2:1-3 [1], Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. [2], And ON THE SEVENTH DAY God ended his work which he had made; and HE RESTED (GOD'S REST) [שׁבת; shâbath H7673; KEEP SABBATH] on the SEVENTH DAY from all his work which he had made. [3], And GOD BLESSED THE SEVENTH DAY AND MADE IT HOLY: BECAUSE THAT IN IT HE HAD RESTED (GOD'S REST) [שׁבת; shâbath H7673; Keep Sabbath] from all his work which God created and made.

links to....

[1], Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into HIS REST, (GOD'S REST) any of you should seem to come short of it.
[2], For to us was the gospel preached, as well as to them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
[3], For we which have believed do enter into rest (GOD'S REST; HIS REST v1), as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into MY REST (GOD'S REST): ALTHOUGH THE WORKS WERE FINISHED FROM THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD.
[4], FOR HE SPOKE IN A CERTAIN PLACE (GENSIS 2:1-3) OF THE SEVENTH DAY ON THIS WISE, AND GOD DID REST THE SEVENTH DAY FROM ALL HIS WORKS.
[5], And in this place again, If they shall enter into MY REST (GOD'S REST being the seventh day Sabbath of creation v3-5).

Yep looks like the evidence is there alright.

Good Good...so in summary:

Yah worked six days and then rested the seventh day and made it Holy...and for man...and He still works today...

Joshua got them to the promised land a rest from wandering in the wilderness and then spoke of another day of rest...the seventh after six of work

Yahushua also provides rest...HE IS THAT REST from cares of the world...(following Him you get it that He was the TORAH the Word made flesh the INTENT of all that teaching) and STILL He spoke of another day of rest...made for man said the Lord of the Sabbath...

Believers in Him ACCEPT that rest...BOTH from wandering in the wilderness AND that seventh day Holy...to live AS He did...and to LOVE AS HE first loved us...

already back in the garden when we were MADE IN HIS IMAGE...and then rested even before we needed it...

• Agree
Upvote 0

RBPerry

Christian Baby Boomer
Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2013
Northern California
✟86,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Sorry, I didn't take the time to read all the responses. Here is the facts about how Sunday worship came about. and I quote
"Here is a statement from Dr. Gilbert Murray, M.A., D.Litt., LLD, FBA, Professor of Greek at Oxford University, who certainly had no ax to grind concerning Christian thought on the Sabbath question. He wrote: “Now since Mithras was the sun, the Unconquered, and the sun was the Royal Star, the religion looked for a king whom it could serve as a representative of Mithras upon earth. The Roman Emperor seemed to be clearly indicated as the true king. In sharp contrast to Christianity, Mithraism recognized Caesar as the bearer of divine grace. It had so much acceptance that it was able to impose on the Christian world its own sun-day in place of the Sabbath; its sun’s birthday, the 25th of December, as the birthday of Jesus.” History of Christianity in the Light of Modern Knowledge."

So it is an established fact in the Protestant, and Catholic beliefs that Constantine was responsible for changing the day of worship. Remember Caesar never became a Christian, it was Constantine that wanted to appease the sun god worshipers.

When you look at all the restrictions Adventist have placed on their flock that has nothing to do with righteousness or Christianity it is not surprising that some consider Adventism as a cult like the Mormons, and Jehovah witnesses.

There is no sin in drinking alcohol, eating meat, including pork or bear, wearing makeup, dancing or basically enjoying life.
My mother ended up in the hospital on a regular basis. why? She was anemic due to lack of protein in her eating habits.

Here is the sad part, I have a dear friend that agrees with me, but his response was "I would lose my position in the church if I publicly agreed with you." That is pathetic, worried more about community acceptance than the truth.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, I didn't take the time to read all the responses. Here is the facts about how Sunday worship came about. and I quote
"Here is a statement from Dr. Gilbert Murray, M.A., D.Litt., LLD, FBA, Professor of Greek at Oxford University, who certainly had no ax to grind concerning Christian thought on the Sabbath question. He wrote: “Now since Mithras was the sun, the Unconquered, and the sun was the Royal Star, the religion looked for a king whom it could serve as a representative of Mithras upon earth. The Roman Emperor seemed to be clearly indicated as the true king. In sharp contrast to Christianity, Mithraism recognized Caesar as the bearer of divine grace. It had so much acceptance that it was able to impose on the Christian world its own sun-day in place of the Sabbath; its sun’s birthday, the 25th of December, as the birthday of Jesus.” History of Christianity in the Light of Modern Knowledge."

So it is an established fact in the Protestant, and Catholic beliefs that Constantine was responsible for changing the day of worship. Remember Caesar never became a Christian, it was Constantine that wanted to appease the sun god worshipers.

When you look at all the restrictions Adventist have placed on their flock that has nothing to do with righteousness or Christianity it is not surprising that some consider Adventism as a cult like the Mormons, and Jehovah witnesses.

There is no sin in drinking alcohol, eating meat, including pork or bear, wearing makeup, dancing or basically enjoying life.
My mother ended up in the hospital on a regular basis. why? She was anemic due to lack of protein in her eating habits.

Here is the sad part, I have a dear friend that agrees with me, but his response was "I would lose my position in the church if I publicly agreed with you." That is pathetic, worried more about community acceptance than the truth.

While I agree to the backgound statement in regards to Sun worship being the main religion of the Roman Empire the Sunday law by Constantine cannot be claimed to change the Sabbath to Sunday for the Christian religion.

Both JEWS and Christians at that time kept the Sabbath of God's 4th commandment and continued to do so as well as keep the civil Sunday law of the Roman empire. This can be shown through the Historical records. It was not until the Western Roman Church (Roman Catholic Church) embraced Sunday worship over the Sabbath of God's 4th commandment that this change gradually took place and was accepted within the mainstream Churches that came out of her (Protestantism).

So while the civil Roman law from Constantine did have a lot to do to help this change it can be hardly claimed to change the Sabbath of God's 4th commandment to Sunday. As to the rest of your post. I do not see any truth in it. The SDA Church is nothing like the Mormans or Jehovah witnesses. We believe the bible. In times of ignorance God winks at but when we receive a knowledge of the truth of God's Word and reject it then God holds us accountable for sin *Acts of the Apostles 17:30-31; James 4:17. Perhaps you should read the scriptures more.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 [9], Know you not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, [10], Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor DRUNKARDS, nor revilers, nor extortionists, SHALL INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD.

If we know Gods' Word and reject it then how sad will we be in that day when we find out only too late what we have missed out on...

Isaiah 66:17 [16], For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many. [17], They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the middle, EATING SWINES FLESH, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, said the LORD.

1 Corinthians 3:16-17 [16] Know you not that you are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? [17] If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.

Doesn't look to good for those eating their ham sandwiches at the second coming.

God bless.

Upvote 0

clefty

Sep 17, 2020
Chattanooga
✟16,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

claims are made Sunday was celebrated WITHIN the scripture with "first day" gatherings...you know to celebrate the discovery of the empty tomb which was on the Festival of First Fruits...

so THAT's a funner discussion...and more accurate...

restrictions?...hmmm

add to that the early founders were anti trinitarian...took them a long time to compromise and be accepted by other Christians...peer pressure is a real thing ya know...

LOL...yup can't enjoy life without ANY of those...

yikes...but how is that the fault of a church except maybe to remind her to find good recipes even provide samples...

see? Peer pressure is a real thing...

I like to play tennis and realize there is much OUTSIDE OF TENNIS that helps me play a better game...discipline, self control, health, rest...

Much was discovered in the 19th century beyond a spiritual cleansing of the temple...

So what does your friend losing status within a church have to do with Sabbath keeping? I mean Jews ended up sacrificing their kids to other gods in the OT...because of Sabbath? Many Christians do silly things...maybe because of doctrine or maybe because of silliness...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

clefty

Sep 17, 2020
Chattanooga
✟16,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1 Corinthians 3:16-17 [16] Know you not that you are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? [17] If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.

Doesn't look to good for those eating their ham sandwiches at the second coming.

God bless.

or for chicken sandwich eaters either...it's not like chicken is one of the monthly fruits on the tree of life...lol

Upvote 0

RBPerry

Christian Baby Boomer
Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2013
Northern California
✟86,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
yikes...but how is that the fault of a church except maybe to remind her to find good recipes even provide samples...

see? Peer pressure is a real thing...

I like to play tennis and realize there is much OUTSIDE OF TENNIS that helps me play a better game...discipline, self control, health, rest...

Much was discovered in the 19th century beyond a spiritual cleansing of the temple...

So what does your friend losing status within a church have to do with Sabbath keeping? I mean Jews ended up sacrificing their kids to other gods in the OT...because of Sabbath? Many Christians do silly things...maybe because of doctrine or maybe because of silliness...

The church wasn't responsible for my mothers health problem, her diet was primarily vegetarian, however she didn't care much for vegetables that are high in protein, it was her own fault and no one elses.

As for my friend, he is an Elder in the SDA church, very intelligent man, just no guts.

Everyone knows that meat that is prepared properly is safe to eat. Pork especially if it isn't cooked properly one can be infected with the parasitic worms, Trichinella spiralis, can lead to trichinosis. As long as it is cooked above 160 degrees for minimum of three minutes it is perfectly safe to eat. Another meat that most won't eat is rattle snake, and it is delicious.

You are correct, peer pressure can be very controlling, I know that first hand. If someone is going to reject you because you believe differently that they do, you don't need that person as a friend anyway because their alleged friendship is conditional and that is wrong.

Upvote 0

RBPerry

Christian Baby Boomer
Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2013
Northern California
✟86,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
While I agree to the backgound statement in regards to Sun worship being the main religion of the Roman Empire the Sunday law by Constantine cannot be claimed to change the Sabbath to Sunday for the Christian religion.

Both JEWS and Christians at that time kept the Sabbath of God's 4th commandment and continued to do so as well as keep the civil Sunday law of the Roman empire. This can be shown through the Historical records. It was not until the Western Roman Church (Roman Catholic Church) embraced Sunday worship over the Sabbath of God's 4th commandment that this change gradually took place and was accepted within the mainstream Churches that came out of her (Protestantism).

So while the civil Roman law from Constantine did have a lot to do to help this change it can be hardly claimed to change the Sabbath of God's 4th commandment to Sunday. As to the rest of your post. I do not see any truth in it. The SDA Church is nothing like the Mormans or Jehovah witnesses. We believe the bible. In times of ignorance God winks at but when we receive a knowledge of the truth of God's Word and reject it then God holds us accountable for sin *Acts of the Apostles 17:30-31; James 4:17. Perhaps you should read the scriptures more.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 [9], Know you not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, [10], Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor DRUNKARDS, nor revilers, nor extortionists, SHALL INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD.

If we know Gods' Word and reject it then how sad will we be in that day when we find out only too late what we have missed out on...

Isaiah 66:17 [16], For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many. [17], They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the middle, EATING SWINES FLESH, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, said the LORD.

God bless.

I didn't say Constantine changed God's forth commandment, I said he insisted on moving the day of worship from Saturday to Sunday and that took place around 331 AD, the exact date may be off a little but it was during the forth century. Sunday worship was well established long before the reformation.

You suggest I read my bible, I have many times, I just don't interpret as some others like yourself do. I also don't create a dogma by selective scripture and ignore others. I can also think outside the box and realize there are many truths that most Christians are clueless about.

You see, the majority of Christian theologians and scholars as do well established churches don't think as the SDA. You look at the Julian calendar and say, Oh, gee, we can only worship and observe Saturday as a sabbath. What does the forth commandment say, It says you should only work six days a week and the seventh is a day of rest. No where does it say Saturday is the only day that can be observed, and that is where the SDA don't get it.

Looking back at the eight years of SDA schools it is amazing some of the non sense that came out of that experience. Don't miss understand me, Loma Linda is a wonderful college, with some wonderful professors as long as you stay out of the theology classes. Personally I don't think there is a finer med school anywhere.

Truth is if the had printed the calendar as Sunday being the seventh day the SDA would happily observing Sunday as the sabbath. Reality, look at our normal weekend, Saturday is the first day of the weekend. Most of us think of Monday as the beginning of the week.

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I didn't say Constantine changed God's forth commandment, I said he insisted on moving the day of worship from Saturday to Sunday and that took place around 331 AD, the exact date may be off a little but it was during the forth century. Sunday worship was well established long before the reformation.

You suggest I read my bible, I have many times, I just don't interpret as some others like yourself do. I also don't create a dogma by selective scripture and ignore others. I can also think outside the box and realize there are many truths that most Christians are clueless about.

You see, the majority of Christian theologians and scholars as do well established churches don't think as the SDA. You look at the Julian calendar and say, Oh, gee, we can only worship and observe Saturday as a sabbath. What does the forth commandment say, It says you should only work six days a week and the seventh is a day of rest. No where does it say Saturday is the only day that can be observed, and that is where the SDA don't get it.

Looking back at the eight years of SDA schools it is amazing some of the non sense that came out of that experience. Don't miss understand me, Loma Linda is a wonderful college, with some wonderful professors as long as you stay out of the theology classes. Personally I don't think there is a finer med school anywhere.

Truth is if the had printed the calendar as Sunday being the seventh day the SDA would happily observing Sunday as the sabbath. Reality, look at our normal weekend, Saturday is the first day of the weekend. Most of us think of Monday as the beginning of the week.

It's not what the scholars or theologians or what the church say that matters. God created us, He is the one who decides the day He wants us to worship. The 4th commandment clearly states its the day He made Holy, Sanctified, Blessed asked us to Remember and to cease work and Rest. He also specified it is the seventh day. It's been that way from the beginning Genesis 2:3 and the way it will be on the new earth Isaiah 66:23.

So, the day really does matter. If God asked, who are we to change this simple request? Our priorities should be to put God first, not work God around our schedules. It's not something I want to explain my reasons at the second coming.

By the way, you are very fortunate to go to Loma Linda Med School. I know people who would do almost anything to get accepted. Congrats on getting in and your medical career.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
or for chicken sandwich eaters either...it's not like chicken is one of the monthly fruits on the tree of life...lol
Sad that some think this is something to poke fun at.....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If only those early church fathers knew that Paul wrote that the law was until Jesus, abolishing in His flesh the hostility, which is the Law composed of commandments expressed in ordinances, so that in Himself He might make the two one new person, in this way establishing peace, the ministry of death, engraved in letters on stones, came with glory so that the sons of Israel could not look intently at the face of Moses because of the glory of his face, fading as it was, how will the ministry of the Spirit fail to be even more with glory? For if the ministry of condemnation has glory, much more does the ministry of righteousness excel in glory. For indeed what had glory in this case has no glory, because of the glory that surpasses it. For if that which fades away was with glory, much more that which remains is in glory, therefore, no one is to act as your judge in regard to food and drink, or in respect to a festival (Sabbath) or a new moon,(Sabbath) or a Sabbath day.

Had those early fathers studied Paul they would not have had to make decrees. Everyone would be able to choose for themselves when they wanted to worship corporately. Seems like not much has changed.

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

RBPerry

Christian Baby Boomer
Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2013
Northern California
✟86,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It's not what the scholars or theologians or what the church say that matters. God created us, He is the one who decides the day He wants us to worship. The 4th commandment clearly states its the day He made Holy, Sanctified, Blessed asked us to Remember and to cease work and Rest. He also specified it is the seventh day. It's been that way from the beginning Genesis 2:3 and the way it will be on the new earth Isaiah 66:23.

So, the day really does matter. If God asked, who are we to change this simple request? Our priorities should be to put God first, not work God around our schedules. It's not something I want to explain my reasons at the second coming.

By the way, you are very fortunate to go to Loma Linda Med School. I know people who would do almost anything to get accepted. Congrats on getting in and your medical career.

So the day really matters. I don't like posting scripture, but I'll make an exception

Exodus 35:2 (NIV) 2 For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death.

You work six days, say Monday through Saturday, and you rest on the seventh. What about the people that need to work on the weekends, Police, Firemen, Doctors, Nurses, well skip most doctors.
Oh, I get is, people aren't suppose to commit crimes, have fires, or get sick on Saturday, right.
Please stop and think it through, the sin would be working seven days a week and not taking time for worship, the day isn't relevant.

Sorry, I went to Loma Linda, but I'm not a doctor, don't even have a PHD. I just have several friends that did though. When I stated eight years, four years Montery Bay Accedemy (hight school) then Loma Linda for four.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So the day really matters. I don't like posting scripture, but I'll make an exception

Exodus 35:2 (NIV) 2 For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death.

You work six days, say Monday through Saturday, and you rest on the seventh. What about the people that need to work on the weekends, Police, Firemen, Doctors, Nurses, well skip most doctors.
Oh, I get is, people aren't suppose to commit crimes, have fires, or get sick on Saturday, right.
Please stop and think it through, the sin would be working seven days a week and not taking time for worship, the day isn't relevant.

It is the Seventh Day in Ex 35:2 not a seventh day. You are ignoring the definite article.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Here it is again...

links to....

Note: Hebrews 4:1-5 is in relation to God's rest. God's rest is in relation to the works of creation finished from the foundations of the world. The reference to he spoke in a certain place is to the "seventh day that God rested from all His works" which is written in Genesis 2:1-3. God's rest (His Rest; My Rest) being spoken of in Hebrews 4:3-5 is in reference to God's rest at creation where God blessed the "seventh day" and made it a "holy day" of rest for all mankind *Mark 2:27. Those who do not believe the gospel do not enter into Gods rest [seventh day Sabbath].

Then it continues...

HEBREWS 4:9 THEREFORE IT REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO KEEP THE SABBATH

Yep looks like the evidence is there alrighty.

God bless
Good day again my friend.
Once more there is No evidence God spake in Genesis 2:1-4.

However there is DOCUMENTED EVIDENCE GOD SPAKE in Exod 20:1

IT SAYS, "And God spake all these words, saying"

HE spake in a certain place of the seventh day And that certain place was Mt. Sinai.

What is really interesting is that when God did speak it he spoke it as a commandment. With that in mind when we read verse 4:5 in Hebrews we see that it is an injunction once again. It says
"And in this again"

In what again?

HE SPEAKS.

HOW DOES HE SPEAK?

Commandingly.

In other words He commandingly speaks of the Seventh day AGAIN, If they shall enter into my rest,

TWO separate things being spoken of in verse 5. The thing which is the Seventh Day being spoke again and the rest which is God's. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME.

This is what the grammar and sentence structure dictate.

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Good day again my friend.
Once more there is No evidence God spake in Genesis 2:1-4.

However there is DOCUMENTED EVIDENCE GOD SPAKE in Exod 20:1

IT SAYS, "And God spake all these words, saying"

HE spake in a certain place of the seventh day And that certain place was Mt. Sinai.

What is really interesting is that when God did speak it he spoke it as a commandment. With that in mind when we read verse 4:5 in Hebrews we see that it is an injunction once again. It says
"And in this again"

In what again?

HE SPEAKS.

HOW DOES HE SPEAK?

Commandingly.

In other words He commandingly speaks of the Seventh day AGAIN, If they shall enter into my rest,

TWO separate things being spoken of in verse 5. The thing which is the Seventh Day being spoke again and the rest which is God's. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME.

This is what the grammar and sentence structure dictate.

I am sorry dear friend but I disagree with you as what your sharing here is not what the scriptures say as shown in the previous posts to you. It is "GOD'S REST" that is being defined in Hebrews 4:3-5 linking back to the foundation of the world not God's 4th commandment it says so in Hebrews 4:3-5 as shown in the last post to you. Who do you think "blessed" the "seventh day and made it a "Holy day of rest"? Why did God "bless the seventh day" and made "the seventh day" a "holy day"? This answer and reason is given in God's Word in Genesis 2:1-3. You saying there is no evidence over and over when it is written directly in the scriptures stating what God's rest is from the foundation of the world which is in reference to the "seventh day" of the creation week that God blessed and made a holy day in both *Hebrews 4:3-5 and Genesis 2:1-3 does not make Gods Word disappear. I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one. I suggest you re-read the posts and scriptures shared with you again carefully. Ignoring them do not make them disappear. I thank you for sharing your view but for me only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0