AMAZING FUN FACTS ON GOD'S 4th COMMANDMENT AND SUNDAY WORSHIP!

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
@HIM was correct Bob, it is the ministration of condemnation and death that is done away through God's forgiveness, mercy and grace, not Gods' 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken in the new covenant *Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4. According to the scriptures 2 Corinthians 3 is not Gods 10 commandments becoming obsolete it is the ministration of condemnation and death that is replaced by the ministration of the Spirit that brings life and peace through Gods’ forgiveness and faith in Christ.

Lets look at the scriptures.

2 CORINTHIANS 3:3-18

[3], For as much as YOU ARE MANIFESTLY DECLARED TO BE THE LETTER OF CHRIST MINISTERED BY US, WRITTEN NOT WITH INK, BUT WITH THE SPIRIT OF THE LIVING GOD; NOT IN TABLES OF STONE, BUT IN FLESHY TABLES OF THE HEART.
[4], And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:
[5], Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
[6], WHO ALSO HAS MADE US ABLE MINISTERS OF THE NEW TESTAMENT; NOT OF THE LETTER, BUT OF THE SPIRIT: FOR THE LETTER KILLS, BUT THE SPIRIT GIVES LIFE.
[7], BUT IF THE MINISTRATION OF DEATH, WRITTEN AND ENGRAVED IN STONES, WAS GLORIOUS, SO THAT THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL COULD NOT STEADFASTLY BEHOLD THE FACE OF MOSES FOR THE GLORY OF HIS COUNTENANCE; WHICH GLORY WAS TO BE DONE AWAY:
[8], HOW SHALL NOT THE MINISTRATION OF THE SPIRIT BE RATHER GLORIOUS?
[9], FOR IF THE MINISTRATION OF CONDEMNATION be glory, much more does the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.
[10], For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excels.
[11], FOR IF THAT WHICH IS DONE AWAY WAS GLORIOUS, MUCH MORE THAT WHICH REMAINS IS GLORIOUS.
[12], Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech:
[13], AND NOT AS MOSES, WHICH PUT A VEIL OVER HIS FACE, THAT THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL COULD NOT STEADFASTLY LOOK TO THE END OF THAT WHICH IS ABOLISHED:
[14], BUT THEIR MINDS WERE BLINDED: FOR UNTIL THIS DAY REMAINS THE SAME VEIL NOT TAKEN AWAY IN THE READING OF THE OLD TESTAMENT; WHICH VEIL IS DONE AWAY IN CHRIST.
[15], But even to this day, when Moses is read, the veil is on their heart.
[16], NEVERTHELESS WHEN IT SHALL TURN TO THE LORD, THE VEIL SHALL BE TAKEN AWAY.
[17], Now THE LORD IS THAT SPIRIT: AND WHERE THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD IS, THERE IS LIBERTY.
[18], But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the LORD.

It is the ministration of condemnation and death by the letter that is done away by the ministration of the Spirit through God's mercy, grace and forgiveness through faith that works by love in fulfillment of Gods' new covenant promise (Hebrews 8:10-12; from Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Ezekiel 36:24-27) that is done away not God's 10 commandments. All God's 10 commandments do under the new covenant is to give us the knowledge of good (moral right doing) and evil (moral wrong doing); sin (moral wrong doing) and righteousness (moral right doing) *Romans 3:20: Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; Psalms 119:172. An interpretation that 2 Corinthians 3 is talking about abolishing Gods' 10 commandments has Paul in contradiction to Paul when he says in Romans 3:31 that faith does not abolish Gods' law it establishes God's law and again in Romans 13:8-10 where Paul says we love our neighbor as our self by being obedient to those laws in God's 10 commandments that show us our duty of love to our fellow man. Indeed the ministration of the Spirit is greater the than the ministration of the letter because while the letter brings death and condemnation while the Spirit brings life and forgiveness through Christ and writes the law on the heart through faith that works by love which is Gods' new covenant promise in all those who have been born again to believe and follow God's Word and walk in newness of life *John 3:3-7; 1 John 3:4-9; Hebrews 8:10-12 from Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Ezekiel 36:24-27; Romans 6:1-23. It is not therefore God’s 10 commandments that have become obsolete it is the ministration of condemnation and death through the ministration of God’s forgiveness and His sacrifice for our sins.

Take Care.
Sorry LGW, your theology is incorrect.

Hope you don't mind if I use your quotation.

[7], BUT IF THE MINISTRATION OF DEATH, WRITTEN AND ENGRAVED IN STONES

The full sentence says that the ministry of death, written and engraved in stone.

The ten words were the ministry of death, break them and you get stoned. The ten words are shouting at you LGW, you transgress the entire law. That is what the ten words do, they notify you that you are on death row.

Of course, no one can obey the ten words to the letter, because no one is perfect.

Even calling someone an idiot or thinking the thought, is a death sentence.

The ten words condemned you, LGW. You know full well that you have never obeyed them.

If you are under the law, then you are condemned. If you are not under the law, then you have not violated the law.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Paul wrote: Oh you foolish Galatians. I presume you know the rest.
Is this the next line Bob S.

2 This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by obeying the sabbath, or by hearing with faith?

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The prophet wrote:
But if we turn aside from the fourth commandment, so positively given by God, to adopt the inventions of Satan, voiced and acted by men under his control, we cannot be saved. We cannot with safety receive his traditions and subtleties as truth. {RH, July 6, 1897 par. 4}

No one who disregards the fourth commandment, after becoming enlightened in regard to the claims of the Sabbath, can be held guiltless in the sight of God. {RH, July 6, 1897 par. 14}

All will be judged according to the light that has shone upon them. If they have light upon the Sabbath, they cannot be saved in rejecting that light.{HS 234.3}

It is pretty clear that anyone connected with Ellen and her flock would be convinced by them to see scripture as she "saw" it. I thank the Lord and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit that guided me and millions like me out of the teachings of a false prophet.

We can look at every word in the new covenant and we won't find a word about having to observe any day let alone the OC Sabbath.

What is so ironic even those that were required to keep the Sabbath could not be saved by keeping it even if they could have kept it. Now the prophet has written that no one can be saved unless they keep it and we have people on this forum claiming we who know the truth are a bunch of lawless people.

• Agree
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The prophet wrote:
But if we turn aside from the fourth commandment, so positively given by God, to adopt the inventions of Satan, voiced and acted by men under his control, we cannot be saved. We cannot with safety receive his traditions and subtleties as truth. {RH, July 6, 1897 par. 4}

No one who disregards the fourth commandment, after becoming enlightened in regard to the claims of the Sabbath, can be held guiltless in the sight of God. {RH, July 6, 1897 par. 14}

All will be judged according to the light that has shone upon them. If they have light upon the Sabbath, they cannot be saved in rejecting that light.{HS 234.3}

It is pretty clear that anyone connected with Ellen and her flock would be convinced by them to see scripture as she "saw" it. I thank the Lord and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit that guided me and millions like me out of the teachings of a false prophet.

We can look at every word in the new covenant and we won't find a word about having to observe any day let alone the OC Sabbath.

What is so ironic even those that were required to keep the Sabbath could not be saved by keeping it even if they could have kept it. Now the prophet has written that no one can be saved unless they keep it and we have people on this forum claiming we who know the truth are a bunch of lawless people.
This sentence of yours deserves amplification.

Now the prophet has written that no one can be saved unless they keep it and we have people on this forum claiming we who know the truth are a bunch of lawless people.

Of course, they are lawless, they cannot stop sinning. They tell you to obey the law while they transgress the law. The Pharisees were doing the exact same thing. The Pharisees called the general public sinners. They saw themselves as the elite in their service to God. They accused Jesus of breaking the Sabbath and the apostles also. They suffered from that same blindness, they were finger pointing hypocrites.

No one can obey the law, no one ever could obey the written law. The law had a purpose and that purpose was to condemn. People read the law and they cannot hear what the law is saying.

For some unknow reason people believe that trying to obey the law. Is a pure obedience to God. That was never the purpose of the law folks. The law does not grant righteousness. The law is not some standard that separates the good from the bad, the law condemns!

It is impossible to obey the law, if you could obey the law, then you would not need Jesus.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
GOD'S SHEEP WILL HEAR HIS VOICE

John says that sin is defines as the transgression of God's law *1 John 3:4 agreeing with Paul in Romans 3:20 and Romans 7:7 who says God's law gives us a knowledge of sin when it is broken. James says if we break anyone of Gods' 10 commandments we stand guilty before God of sin *James 2:10-11. How sad it would be to hear the words of Jesus in Matthew 7:21-23 when we had the chance to hear and believe God's Word today but instead choose to harden our hearts in sin and unbelief just like those in the wilderness that we are warned about in Hebrews 3:8-19? We do not need to worry though God's sheep according to Jesus hear His voice (the Word) and follow him (obey). Those who do not hear do not follow because they are not His sheep. *John 10:26-27. There is nothing hidden that shall not be revealed come judgement day *Matthew 10:26. The Words of God we accept or reject will testify for us or against us at that day according to Jesus in John 12:47-48.

God bless all.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sorry LGW, your theology is incorrect.

Hope you don't mind if I use your quotation.

[7], BUT IF THE MINISTRATION OF DEATH, WRITTEN AND ENGRAVED IN STONES

The full sentence says that the ministry of death, written and engraved in stone.

The ten words were the ministry of death, break them and you get stoned. The ten words are shouting at you LGW, you transgress the entire law. That is what the ten words do, they notify you that you are on death row.

Of course, no one can obey the ten words to the letter, because no one is perfect.

Even calling someone an idiot or thinking the thought, is a death sentence.

The ten words condemned you, LGW. You know full well that you have never obeyed them.

If you are under the law, then you are condemned. If you are not under the law, then you have not violated the law.

No need to be sorry, your interpretation of the scriptures is unbiblical. God's Word does not teach lawlessness (without law). I am happy to show why from the scriptures if you are interested. Just let me know but let's not waste each others time if your not.

Take Care.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Is this the next line Bob S.

2 This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by obeying the sabbath, or by hearing with faith?

That is not written in scripture but this is...

Acts of the Apostles 5:32 [32], And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

1 John 2:3-4 [3], And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
[4], He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him

No one receives Gods' Spirit by breaking God's commandments and not believing and following what Gods' Word says. Those who say they do according to John are lying and their is no truth in them.

Take Care.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No need to be sorry, your interpretation of the scriptures is unbiblical. God's Word does not teach lawlessness (without law). I am happy to show why from the scriptures if you are interested. Just let me know but let's not waste each others time if your not.

Take Care.
The scripture does not teach that you are righteous, obedient to the law.

Romans 3:10-12
as it is written:
There is no righteous person, not even one;
There is no one who understands,
There is no one who seeks out God;
They have all turned aside, together they have become corrupt;
There is no one who does good,
There is not even one.

You are different to everyone else, your not a sinner, a transgressor?

The law condemns.

Now that's biblical.

• Agree
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Acts of the Apostles 5:32 [32], And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

1 John 2:3-4 [3], And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
[4], He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him

No one receives Gods' Spirit by breaking God's commandments and not believing and following what Gods' Word says. Those who say they do according to John are lying and their is no truth in them.

Take Care.
Sorry again LGW.

Jesus came to save the law breakers, sinners, transgressors.

Here need to use your verse again.

That verse does not say that you receive the Holy Spirit, when you rest on the Sabbath.

You only receive the Holy Spirit when you believe in Jesus, when you obey the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Romans 10:9
That if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

That verse says nothing about obeying the Sabbath to be saved.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sorry again LGW.

Jesus came to save the law breakers, sinners, transgressors.

Here need to use your verse again.

That verse does not say that you receive the Holy Spirit, when you rest on the Sabbath.

You only receive the Holy Spirit when you believe in Jesus, when you obey the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Romans 10:9
That if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

That verse says nothing about obeying the Sabbath to be saved.

No need to be sorry. I prefer what the scripture actually says and do not need to try and explain it away.

[4], He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Take Care.

• Winner
Reactions: HIM
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The scripture does not teach that you are righteous, obedient to the law.

Where did I ever say to you that the scriptures I posted earlier to you say or teach, as you say "we are righteous by being obedient to the law"? If I have never said any such think why are you pretending that I have? So what is your argument? You have none because we are both in agreement. So why make arguments no one is arguing about? Let me tell you once more what I believe from the scriptures so you understand exactly what I believe so there is no misunderstanding.

According to the scriptures, we are saved by grace through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God and not of works lest any man should boast *Ephesians 2:8-9. Obedience to God's law is not how we are saved because all of us have already broken the law and are under it's penalty of condemnation and death *Romans 3:9-23; 2 Corinthians 3:3-11. So it is by God's grace through faith that we are saved through Gods forgiveness of our sins. According to the scriptures, obedience to Gods' law is the fruit of genuine faith of one that is already been given Gods promise of salvation and the fruit of God's work in us *Philippians 2:13 as we believe and follow his word *John 10:26-27. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *James 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *Matthew 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50; Hebrews 10:26-27.

Therefore we do not abolish God's law through faith like some people teach but God's law is established in the heart by faith that works by love *Romans 3:31; 1 John 5:3-4; Romans 13:8-10. According to the scriptures, sin (breaking God' commandments and not believing and following God's Word) is the difference between the children of God and the children of the devil *1 John 3:6-10; Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12; Revelation 22:14 and according to James there is no such thing as faith that does not have the fruit of obedience to Gods' Word. As posted to your friend faith without works is simply the dead faith of devils according to James 2:17-26. Gods Word does not teach lawlessness (without law) *1 John 2:3-4.

Now what is it here that you do not believe and why (scripture please) and if we are in agreement why make arguments no one is arguing about?

Take Care.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Take Care.
Jesus saves, the law condemns.

The opposite of what you said is the truth.

Here is what you said.

No one receives Gods' Spirit by breaking God's commandments and not believing and following what Gods' Word says.

You receive the Holy Spirit when you believe in Jesus Christ. Commandment breakers are exactly the people Jesus came to save. Jesus did not die to save the righteous. Jesus came to rescue the transgressors, the law breakers, the sinners.

Obeying the commandment to not tell a lie, does not invite the Holy Spirit into your life? If your thinking that, then you have misunderstood the revelation of the Christ.

• Useful
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Here is what you said.

No one receives Gods' Spirit by breaking God's commandments and not believing and following what Gods' Word says.

You receive the Holy Spirit when you believe in Jesus Christ. Commandment breakers are exactly the people Jesus came to save. Jesus did not die to save the righteous. Jesus came to rescue the transgressors, the law breakers, the sinners.

Obeying the commandment to not tell a lie, does not invite the Holy Spirit into your life? If your thinking that, then you have misunderstood the revelation of the Christ.

Your post is making arguments no one is arguing about already addressed in post # 552 that you did not respond to that also includes scripture that disagree with your teachings of lawlessness (without law). What are you in disagreement with in this post as I am still awaiting a response from you to see if we are in agreement and receive an answer from you to the question I asked you there? Your only repeating yourself here without responding to my posts or scriptures in them that disagree with you. (see also post # 551 linked)

Take Care David :wave:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No need to be sorry. I prefer what the scripture actually says and do not need to try and explain it away.

[4], He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Take Care.
It really is getting old mopping up after you post LGW. You tell us that 1Jn2: 3-4 is referring to the 10 commandments. John says they are referring to:
1Jn3: 21 Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God 22 and receive from him anything we ask, because we keep his commands and do what pleases him. 23 And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. 24 The one who keeps God’s commands lives in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.

Those verses define what is "keep the commandments". You teach what the false prophet taught. I have become very wary of believing what false prophets teach.

Now LGW, tell us, who believe the words of John, that we are lawless. Those who make that accusation truly make me sick. Have they no shame????
Footnotes

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It really is getting old mopping up after you post LGW. You tell us that 1Jn2: 3-4 is referring to the 10 commandments. John says they are referring to:
1Jn3: 21 Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God 22 and receive from him anything we ask, because we keep his commands and do what pleases him. 23 And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. 24 The one who keeps God’s commands lives in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.

Those verses define what is "keep the commandments". You teach what the false prophet taught. I have become very wary of believing what false prophets teach.

Now LGW, tell us, who believe the words of John, that we are lawless. Those who make that accusation truly make me sick. Have they no shame????
Well we will have to respectfully agree to disagree in regards to your claims here Bob as I prefer the scriptures that have already been shared with you. I do not believe you, as shown why already through the scriptures in previous posts that disagree with you. Your post here is simply repetition already shown through the scriptures not to agree with the bible in post 538 linked and post # 540 linked.

Sorry Bob, Gods' Word no where in the entire bible teaches lawlessness (without law; God's law is abolished etc). Think it through. If we have no law we have no knowledge of what sin is *Romans 3:20 if we have no knowledge of what sin is how do you know you are a sinner in need of Gods forgiveness from sin? If you do not know your a sinner you have no need of a Savior from sin. If we have no Savior from sin then we are lost because we are still in our sins in need of Gods' forgiveness of sin. If we are still in our sins we have no salvation because we have not received Gods' forgiveness of sin. The purpose of God's law in the new covenant is to give us a knowledge of what sin is when we break it *Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4 and to show us that we are all sinners in need of God's salvation *Romans 3:9-19 and to lead us to Christ that we might be forgiven through faith *Galatians 3:22-25. What do you think the meaning of Matthew 9:12-13 is Bob and how do we know what we look like if our mirror is lost or broken *James 1:23-24?

No one therefore can claim to know God or believe and follow Gods' Word or even believe John, if they continue breaking anyone of Gods' commandments as John says in 1 John 2:3-4 [3], And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. [4], He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. So we cannot claim to even know God while breaking God's commandments. According to John and Paul those who are born again in the Spirit through faith, do not practice sin *1 John 3:6-9; Galatians 5:16; Romans 6:1-23; Romans 3:31; Romans 13:8-10 which is defined in the scriptures as breaking God's law *1 John 3:4; James 2:10-11 and not believing and following Gods' Word *Romans 14:23.

No one can claim to Love God while being disobedient to what Gods' Word says. That is the very definition of sin and unbelief that we are warned against in Hebrews 3:8-19. John goes on to show that love is expressed in obedience to Gods' commandments not breaking them when he says 1 John 5:2-3 [2], By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. [3], For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. This is in agreement with Paul when he says in Romans 13:8-10 [8], Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loves another hath fulfilled the law. [9], For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly summed up in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. [10], Love works no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. Which is why Jesus says on these two great commandments of love to God and man hang all the law and the prophets *Matthew 22:36-40.

May you receive Gods' Word and be blessed :wave:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟373,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Here is what you said.

Footnotes
Well we will have to respectfully agree to disagree in regards to your claims here Bob as I prefer the scriptures that have already been shared with you. I do not believe you, as shown why already through the scriptures in previous posts that disagree with you. Your post here is simply repetition already shown through the scriptures not to agree with the bible in post 538 linked and post # 540 linked.

Sorry Bob, Gods' Word no where in the entire bible teaches lawlessness (without law; God's law is abolished etc). Think it through. If we have no law we have no knowledge of what sin is *Romans 3:20 if we have no knowledge of what sin is how do you know you are a sinner in need of Gods forgiveness from sin? If you do not know your a sinner you have no need of a Savior from sin. If we have no Savior from sin then we are lost because we are still in our sins in need of Gods' forgiveness of sin. If we are still in our sins we have no salvation because we have not received Gods' forgiveness of sin. The purpose of God's law in the new covenant is to give us a knowledge of what sin is when we break it *Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4 and to show us that we are all sinners in need of God's salvation *Romans 3:9-19 and to lead us to Christ that we might be forgiven through faith *Galatians 3:22-25. What do you think the meaning of Matthew 9:12-13 is Bob and how do we know what we look like if our mirror is lost or broken *James 1:23-24?

No one therefore can claim to know God or believe and follow Gods' Word or even believe John, if they continue breaking anyone of Gods' commandments as John says in 1 John 2:3-4 [3], And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. [4], He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. So we cannot claim to even know God while breaking God's commandments. According to John and Paul those who are born again in the Spirit through faith, do not practice sin *1 John 3:6-9; Galatians 5:16; Romans 6:1-23; Romans 3:31; Romans 13:8-10 which is defined in the scriptures as breaking God's law *1 John 3:4; James 2:10-11 and not believing and following Gods' Word *Romans 14:23.

No one can claim to Love God while being disobedient to what Gods' Word says. That is the very definition of sin and unbelief that we are warned against in Hebrews 3:8-19. John goes on to show that love is expressed in obedience to Gods' commandments not breaking them when he says 1 John 5:2-3 [2], By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. [3], For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. This is in agreement with Paul when he says in Romans 13:8-10 [8], Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loves another hath fulfilled the law. [9], For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly summed up in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. [10], Love works no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. Which is why Jesus says on these two great commandments of love to God and man hang all the law and the prophets *Matthew 22:36-40.

May you receive Gods' Word and be blessed :wave:
Two covenants. The Old and the New. When did the second one, the New one become available?

There is mention of another Covenant being made with God’s people prior to them entering into the promised land in Deut 29:1.

What is it? Is it the new? Yes!

How do we know? Because Deut. 30 tells us what this New Covenant is. That God will circumcise our hearts and the hearts of our seed to love him with all our hearts and all our souls in verse 6. Then in verse 14 He tells how. He says His word, His commandments and statutes are nigh to us. In our hearts and in our mouths that we may do them.
When He says that God’s commandments and statutes which are written in the book of the law are nigh to us; in our hearts and in our mouths that we may do them. He is telling us which Commandments Jeremiah was referring to when prophesied again of the New due to God’s people constantly backsliding and refusing to accept the Lord’s true circumcision, the New Covenant . When He says He will put His Laws in our hearts and minds God is referring to those commandments and statutes written in the the book of the Law as described in Deut 30 when the New Covenant was first given prior to God’s people entering into the promise land. Interestingly enough God again repeats both of these instances of the New Covenant being given from Deut 30 and Jeremiah 31:33 in Romans 10:6-8 and Hebrews 8:10 so there should not be any confusion.

Deuteronomy 29:1 These are the words of the covenant, which the LORD commanded Moses to make with the children of Israel in the land of Moab, beside the covenant which he made with them in Horeb.
Deuteronomy 29:9 Keep therefore the words of this covenant, and do them, that ye may prosper in all that ye do.
Deuteronomy 29:12 That thou shouldest enter into covenant with the LORD thy God, and into his oath, which the LORD thy God maketh with thee this day:
Deuteronomy 29:13 That he may establish thee to day for a people unto himself, and that he may be unto thee a God, as he hath said unto thee, and as he hath sworn unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob.
Deuteronomy 29:14 Neither with you only do I make this covenant and this oath;
Deuteronomy 29:15 But with him that standeth here with us this day before the LORD our God, and also with him that is not here with us this day:
Deuteronomy 29:29 The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.

Deuteronomy 30:6 And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.
Deuteronomy 30:10 If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.
Deuteronomy 30:11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off.
Deuteronomy 30:12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
Deuteronomy 30:13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
Deuteronomy 30:14 But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.

Jeremiah 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟304,064.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sadly, some people refuse to accept that the 10 commandments
were a ministry of death and not a ministry of righteousness. :(

2 Corinthians 3:6 - who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit, for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. 7 But if the ministry of death, written andengraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away, 8 how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious? 9 For if the ministry of condemnation had glory, the ministry of righteousness exceeds much more in glory.

Israel made the same error. :(

Romans 10:1 - Brethren, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for Israel is that they may be saved 2 For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God. 4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who BELIEVES.

• Agree
Reactions: pasifika
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sadly, some people refuse to accept that the 10 commandments
were a ministry of death and not a ministry of righteousness.

2 Corinthians 3:6 - who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit, for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. 7 But if the ministry of death, written andengraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away, 8 how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious? 9 For if the ministry of condemnation had glory, the ministry of righteousness exceeds much more in glory.

Israel made the same error.

Romans 10:1 - Brethren, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for Israel is that they may be saved 2 For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God. 4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who BELIEVES.

According to the scriptures I believe the error is in your interpretation and understanding of 2 Corinthians 3:3-11 but allow me to explain why if it might be helpful to the discussion. According to the scriptures it is the "ministration of condemnation and death" that has been done away with by the "ministration of the Spirit of God's forgiveness of sin" through faith in Christ (detailed scripture response linked), not God's 10 commandments that Paul calls holy just and good that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken *Romans 7:7; Romans 7:12. Your interpretation of the scriptures here has Paul in contradiction with Paul when he says in Romans 3:31 [31], Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yes, we establish the law and again to the Corinthians gentile believers when he says in 1 Corinthians 7:19 [19], Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God and again in Romans 13:8-10 where Paul shows we love our neighbor as our self by being obedient to those commandments in God's law that show us how we are to love our fellow man *Exodus 20:11-17. God's Word does not teach lawlessness (without law or the claim that God's 10 commandments are abolished) anywhere in the bible because without the law we have no knowledge of what sin is when broken. Your reading into the scripture what the scriptures do not say and do not teach.

May you receive Gods' Word and be blessed. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What a shame some have to reinterpret what is so plainly written by Paul in 2Cor3. Paul here is explaining that the ministry of death, ten commandments, WERE glorious. Now, since the ten commandments WERE transitory, temporary, we now have been given the Holy Spirit. He goes on to praise the Holy Spirit as being more glorious than the ten commandments WERE. We know from other scripture that Jesus gift of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost is to dwell in us as our guide. God gave Israel the ten commandments as their guide just as Jesus has given all mankind the Holy Spirit. How beautiful is the real truth Paul gave us in those verses and how sad that some try to mask away such a beautiful gift and keep us under guidance of the ministry of death. Those who tell we have to "keep" the ten commandments or we are lawless are telling a horrible lie. I contend that those who propagate such a lie are themselves living under the false pretense that they are "keeping" the defunct ten commandments. All of us are sinners and no one is able to keep them, that is why Paul labeled them the ministry of death.

Loving others as Jesus loves us is such a beautiful way to live. Love in our hearts will truly keep us from doing harmful things to our fellow man. Love causes man to have a relationship with God above our relationship with any other living being. Love makes us understand that God truly come first in every thing we say and do and makes us understand what Jesus has done and is doing for man. All the law did was to point out sin. The Holy Spirit in us gently guides us in our loving relationship with God and our fellow man. The Holy Spirit is preparing each of us so that like Jesus we will never really die, we will have life eternal in the Earth made new. Amen! Thank you Jesus.

Upvote 0