AMAZING FUN FACTS ON GOD'S 4th COMMANDMENT AND SUNDAY WORSHIP!

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ignoring it does not make it disappear.

Good point.

How many have to ignore Paul telling the Galatian believers to "cast out" the Sinai Covenant of "bondage" in the passage below?

Gal 4:24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
Gal 4:25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
Gal 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
Gal 4:27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.
Gal 4:28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.
Gal 4:29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
Gal 4:30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.
Gal 4:31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

------------------------------------------------

How many people have to either ignore or redefine the word "sabbath" in Colossians 2:16-17 attempting to say it does not refer to the 4th commandment, and then accuse others of not properly keeping the Sabbath day in the same way the Pharisees accused Christ in John 5:1-17?

The response you requested it found below.

Colossians 2:16

(ESV) Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath.

(ESV+) Therefore let no one R7pass judgment on you R8in questions of food and drink, or with regard to R9a festival or R10a new moon or a Sabbath.

(Geneva) Let no man therefore condemne you in meate and drinke, or in respect of an holy day, or of the newe moone, or of the Sabbath dayes,

(GW) Therefore, let no one judge you because of what you eat or drink or about the observance of annual holy days, New Moon Festivals, or weekly worship days.

(KJV) Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

(KJV+) Let noG3361 manG5100 thereforeG3767 judgeG2919 youG5209 inG1722 meat,G1035 orG2228 inG1722 drink,G4213 orG2228 inG1722 respectG3313 of an holyday,G1859 orG2228 of the new moon,G3561 orG2228 of the sabbathG4521 days:

(NKJV) So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths,

(YLT) Let no one, then, judge you in eating or in drinking, or in respect of a feast, or of a new moon, or of sabbaths,

.---------------------------------------------

How many have to ignore Doug Batchelor saying the teacher of Jeremiah 31:34 will not come to fruition until the New Earth?

See time 14:50 in the video below.

The New Covenant a Better Promise: Doug Batchelor

He is ignoring John 14:26, and 1 John 2:27.

1Jn 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Good point.
If you agree that ignoring Gods' Word does not make it disappear and it is a good point why do you ignore all my post and scriptures shared with you that disagree with you from post # 473; post # 474; post # 475; post # 476; post # 478 and post # 480 ? You agree that ignoring God's Word does not make it disappear which is truth. What about the posts and scriptures provided in the linked posts above? Are you ignoring them by not responding to them? Of course you do not have to respond to my posts if you do not want to, that is up to you. Perhaps you can at least prayerfully consider them as they contradict your understanding of the scriptures and you have no response to what has been shared with you.

Something to pray about.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
How many have to ignore Paul telling the Galatian believers to "cast out" the Sinai Covenant of "bondage" in the passage below?

Gal 4:24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
Gal 4:25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
Gal 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
Gal 4:27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.
Gal 4:28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.
Gal 4:29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
Gal 4:30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.
Gal 4:31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.
Why would you claim that people are ignoring Paul writings to the Galatians? Galatians 4:24-31 as in relation to those who are seeking to get their righteousness from keeping Gods' Law. That is not the purpose of Gods' law according to the new covenant scriptures.

The purpose of Gods' law in the new covenant is to give us the knowledge of good (moral right doing) and evil (moral wrong doing); sin (moral wrong doing) and righteousness (moral right doing) *Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; Psalms 119:172 and to lead us to Christ as sinners *Romans 3:9-23; Galatians 3:22-25; Romans 8:1-4 that we might be forgiven through faith in the blood of Christ. Faith however does not abolish Gods' law according to the scriptures it establishes Gods' law in the lives of all those who believe God's Word according to Paul in Romans 3:31. We are in the new covenant now dear friend not the old covenant.

According to the new covenant scriptures we are saved by grace through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God and not of works lest any man should boast *Ephesians 2:8-9 but Gods grace is so we can be obedient to the faith *Romans 1:5. Obedience to God's Law is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of faith of one that is already been given Gods promise of salvation and the fruit of God's work in us *Philippians 2:13 as we believe and follow his word *John 10:26-27. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *James 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *Matthew 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50; Hebrews 10:26-27.

Therefore we do not abolish God's law through faith like some people teach but God's law is established in the heart by faith that works by love *Romans 3:31; 1 John 5:3-4; Romans 13:8-10. According to the scriptures, sin (breaking God' commandments and not believing and following God's Word) is the difference between the children of God and the children of the devil *1 John 3:6-10; 1 John 2:3-4; Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12; Revelation 22:14.

Hope this is helpful

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
How many people have to either ignore or redefine the word "sabbath" in Colossians 2:16-17 attempting to say it does not refer to the 4th commandment, and then accuse others of not properly keeping the Sabbath day in the same way the Pharisees accused Christ in John 5:1-17?
Ignore or redefine Sabbath? There is only one definition of God's 4th commandment Sabbath of the 10 commandments in the bible and that is found in Exodus 20:10 where it says "But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God...". Is it not what your trying to do in ignoring or redefining God's "seventh day Sabbath" by claiming that God's 4th commandment "seventh day" Sabbath has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest without any scripture to support your teaching?

Your interpretation and claim that Colossians 2:16-17 is saying that Gods' 4th commandment has been abolished once examined in a detailed scripture response in post # 474 linked, proves your interpretation that these scriptures are a reference to God's 4th commandment is in error. Your response was to simply ignore the scriptures shared with you that show Colossians 2:16-17 is talking about the sabbaths (plural) in the annual Feast days not God's 4th commandment.

As posted earlier, I do not judge you. I only seek to share Gods' Word which are not my words but Gods' Words. For me He must increase but I must decrease *John 3:30. I am only like a voice crying in the wilderness as John said quoting the prophet Isaiah make straight the way of the Lord *Matthew 3:3. Jesus is coming. I must point all to Gods' Word who will see and hear *Isaiah 6:9-10. Yet these once again are Gods' Words not my words, but it seems you do not believe me. The very Words of God we accept or reject according to the scriptures will be our judge come judgement day according to Jesus in John 12:47-48. Now what is it in the scriptures that have been shared with you that you disagree with and why? (scriptures please)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The response you requested it found below. Colossians 2:16

(ESV) Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath.

(ESV+) Therefore let no one R7pass judgment on you R8in questions of food and drink, or with regard to R9a festival or R10a new moon or a Sabbath.

(Geneva) Let no man therefore condemne you in meate and drinke, or in respect of an holy day, or of the newe moone, or of the Sabbath dayes,

(GW) Therefore, let no one judge you because of what you eat or drink or about the observance of annual holy days, New Moon Festivals, or weekly worship days.

(KJV) Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

(KJV+) Let noG3361 manG5100 thereforeG3767 judgeG2919 youG5209 inG1722 meat,G1035 orG2228 inG1722 drink,G4213 orG2228 inG1722 respectG3313 of an holyday,G1859 orG2228 of the new moon,G3561 orG2228 of the sabbathG4521 days:

(NKJV) So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths,

(YLT) Let no one, then, judge you in eating or in drinking, or in respect of a feast, or of a new moon, or of sabbaths,

How is this a response to post # 474 linked ? It is repetition of the same scripture from different bible translations. Please address the linked post that demonstrates what Paul is quoting from in the old testament and that Colossians 2:16 is talking about the sabbaths (plural) in the Feast days and not Gods' 4th commandment. Why are you ignoring the linked post and simply repeating yourself here?
I have asked you many questions throughout my posts already and you have not answered any of them. Are you interested in a discussion on the scriptures or not? If you are why do you refuse to engage in a discussion with me in regards to the scriptures? We should not be afraid to come to the light of Gods' Word and discuss the scriptures if what we believe is true. If we prayerfully come to God's Word wanting to know the truth of God's Word God's promises are with us *John 14:26; John 16:13; John 7:17; 1 John 2:27; Hebrews 8:11. If what we believe is true than it will be revealed in the light of Gods' Word. If what we believe is not true it will be revealed in the light of God's Word. Either way for all those who have an honest heart it is a win win situation. If what we believe is true it will be shown in complete harmony of the scriptures through the Spirit of God. If what we believe is not true then it will be revealed in the scripture and praise to God who shines the lamp to our feet so we do not walk in darkness and can change our direction (what we believe) so we do not stumble and fall and have a closer walk with Jesus.

So do you want to discuss the scriptures with me now?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
How many have to ignore Doug Batchelor saying the teacher of Jeremiah 31:34 will not come to fruition until the New Earth? See time 14:50 in the video below. The New Covenant a Better Promise: Doug Batchelor He is ignoring John 14:26, and 1 John 2:27. 1Jn 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

This is repetition again and misinformation that has already been addressed in another thread somewhere where from timeline 15:20 in the video shows that the speaker is talking about the final fulfillment of Hebrews 8:11 which says "for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest". He never says anywhere in that video that God is not our teacher now through the Spirit in the new covenant which is what your claiming and I have never met anyone that believes what your claiming this video is saying.

Here is a commentary on Hebrews 8:11 from an official SDA publication

"Again, “Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit which is of God; that we might know the things which are freely given to us of God.” 1 Corinthians 2:12. The promise to the people of God is, “They shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord; for they shall all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them.” Jeremiah 31:34. And that this knowledge is to be obtained in this life is evident from the words of the apostle, “But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and know all things.” “But the anointing which ye have of Him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you; but as the anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in Him.” (Present truth Vol 8 page 403 par, 5)

You have been corrected twice on this now in two different threads please refrain from spreading misinformation.

Look forward to your responses.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your interpretation and claim that Colossians 2:16-17 is saying that Gods' 4th commandment has been abolished once examined in a detailed scripture response in post # 474 linked, proves your interpretation that these

I never said the 4th commandment was "abolished". In the scriptures of Matthew 5 Christ said He would "fulfill" the law, instead of "abolishing" it.

Mat 5:17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
Mat 5:18 For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

Hebrews 8:13 plainly says the New Covenant has made the Old Covenant "obsolete", instead of "abolished".

Heb 8:13 In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Colossians 2 says the Sabbath was a "shadow" of Christ.

Col 2:16 Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath.
Col 2:17 These are a shadow of the things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ.

Any unbiased witness can understand these facts by reading the scriptures found above.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is repetition again and misinformation that has already been addressed in another thread somewhere where from timeline 15:20 in the video shows that the speaker is talking about the final fulfillment of Hebrews 8:11 which says "for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest". He never says anywhere in that video that God is not our teacher now through the Spirit in the new covenant which is what your claiming and I have never met anyone that believes what your claiming this video is saying.

Are you claiming Doug Batchelor did not mention teachers as a part of Jeremiah 31:34 which has not been fulfilled yet, and will be fulfilled in the New Earth?

"Do we still need to be taught?" is a direct quote from Doug Batchelor in the video found above.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I never said the 4th commandment was "abolished". In the scriptures of Matthew 5 Christ said He would "fulfill" the law, instead of "abolishing" it. Mat 5:17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. Mat 5:18 For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished.
Same interpretation isn't it? There is no where in these scriptures that says Jesus fulfilled Gods' laws so that we do not have to. Jesus did indeed fulfill God's laws. The very first thing Jesus says in Matthew 5:17 is think not that I have come to abolish/destroy/put to an end the law or the prophets. So there is no indication that God's law was going to come to an end by Jesus fulfilling God's laws. It goes in to make this very clear when it says for truly I say unto you till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. These are the sections in the same passages your not considering. Jesus did not fulfill the law (10 commandments) so that we do not have to in fact Paul also makes this clear when he says in Romans 8:4 that the righteousness of God's law is to be fulfilled in us to walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit and also in Romans 3:31 where it says faith does not abolish God's law it establishes Gods' law in those who believe and follow Gods' Word.
Hebrews 8:13 plainly says the New Covenant has made the Old Covenant "obsolete", instead of "abolished". Heb 8:13 In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Agreed so what is your point here. You did not make one. Who says we are in the old covenant now? What is your understanding of the old covenant and what do you think the new covenant is?
Colossians 2 says the Sabbath was a "shadow" of Christ. Col 2:16 Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath. Col 2:17 These are a shadow of the things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ.
Why do you keep repeating yourself here when your interpretation of these scriptures have been shown to be in error in post # 474 linked that you have ignored and refuse to respond to? Colossians 2:16 is talking about the sabbaths (plural) in the annual Feast days not Gods' 4th commandment. Your just repeating what you said the first time without addressing anything my my response to you and ignoring the scriptures that disagree with you here.
Any unbiased witness can understand these facts by reading the scriptures found above..
Agreed that is why I am enjoying our discussion as everyone is able to see your not able to respond to the scriptures in the posts you are ignoring that disagree with your teachings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Here is a commentary on Hebrews 8:11 from an official SDA publication

"Again, “Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit which is of God; that we might know the things which are freely given to us of God.” 1 Corinthians 2:12. The promise to the people of God is, “They shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord; for they shall all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them.” Jeremiah 31:34. And that this knowledge is to be obtained in this life is evident from the words of the apostle, “But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and know all things.” “But the anointing which ye have of Him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you; but as the anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in Him.” (Present truth Vol 8 page 403 par, 5)

You have been corrected twice on this now in two different threads please refrain from spreading misinformation.
Your response...
Are you claiming Doug Batchelor did not mention teachers as a part of Jeremiah 31:34 which has not been fulfilled yet, and will be fulfilled in the New Earth? "Do we still need to be taught?" is a direct quote from Doug Batchelor in the video found above.
Already answered in the very post you are responding to. Please read the full post before responding. Thanks.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Col 2:16 Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath. Col 2:17 These are a shadow of the things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ..

This of course is repetition which has already been answered for which I am still waiting a response from you. You refuse to address post # 474 linked that proves that Colossians 2:16 is talking about the sabbaths (plural; the Greek is genitive neuter plural) in the annual Feast days which is the scripture contexts of Colossians 2:16. Paul of course is quoting from various old testament scriptures as shown in the linked post you ignored above that you refuse to respond to, not Gods' 4th commandment.

So let's consider Colossians 2:17 which also proves that Colossians 2:16 is not talking about Gods' 4th commandment seventh day Sabbath of Exodus 20:8-11 from the 10 commandments. Colossians 2:17 says that the the annual Feasts and there new moons, meat and drink offerings and the Feast sabbaths were shadows of things to come.

QUESTIONS FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION

Q1
. Perhaps you can explain how Gods' 4th commandment "seventh day" Sabbath of creation is a "shadow of things to come" when it is a part of the finished work of creation *Genesis 2:1-3 when there was no sin, no law, no Moses, no Israel and God did not give a plan of salvation because mankind never sinned?

Q2. How can Gods' 4th commandment "seventh day Sabbath" from Exodus 20:8-11 from the 10 commandments by a "shadow law" when it points backwards to the finished work of creation not forwards to things to come?

Exodus 20:8-11 [8], REMEMBER the SABBATH DAY, to KEEP IT HOLY. <Why?> God's 4th commandment is a memorial looking back to the finished work of creation that JESUS made it a Holy day of rest for mankind and commands us to keep it as a Holy day} [9], Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work: [10], But the SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH of the LORD thy God {This is a direct reference from God's Word defining what the Sabbath is; The SABBATH = the SEVENTH DAY OF THE WEEK}: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: <WHY> [11], For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the SEVENTH DAY: wherefore the LORD BLESSED THE SABBATH, and HALLOWED IT. {Reference is backward not forward to Genesis 2:1-3}

CONCLUSION: It is impossible for God's 4th commandment seventh day Sabbath to be a "shadow law" as all the "shadow laws" are laws to do with God's plan of salvation from sin after the fall of mankind from the Mosaic book of the law. God's Sabbath was created when there was no sin, no fall, no law and no plan of salvation given because mankind was in perfect harmony with God. – So there is nothing there in reference to Gods’ 4th commandment not being a requirement for Christian living in the new testament.
Colossians 2:17 also proves your interpretation of Colossians 2:16 is in error. Post # 474 linked proves that Colossians 2:16 is talking about the sabbaths (plural not singular; the Greek is genitive neuter plural application to sabbaths) in the annual Feast days
not God's 4th commandment which is not a "shadow law" of things to come but a memorial pointing backwards to the finished work of God's creation.

I know you will probably ignore this post and the scriptures in them that show why you are in error as you have done with my other posts, and of course you do not have to respond if you do not want to as that is up to you. I am only posting this for those who might be interested in knowing Gods' Word. Thanks for sharing your view though but it is one that I do not think is biblical.

Hope this is helpful.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
CONCLUSION: It is impossible for God's 4th commandment seventh day Sabbath to be a "shadow law" as all the "shadow laws" are laws to do with God's plan of salvation from sin after the fall of mankind from the Mosaic book of the law. God's Sabbath was created when there was no sin, no fall, no law and no plan of salvation given because mankind was in perfect harmony with God.

Were the 10 commandments given to Adam in the Garden before the fall, as the SDA and many other denominations claim?

Could Adam have committed adultery, and who would he have committed it with since there was only one woman?

Could Adam honor his mother, since he had no mother?

What does the Bible say, instead of what do men say?

In the verse below the Word of God says the ten commandments are the covenant given to the children of Israel.

Exo 34:28 So he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights. He neither ate bread nor drank water. And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments.

In the passage below we are told the Sinai Covenant was not given at an earlier time.

Deu 5:1 And Moses summoned all Israel and said to them, “Hear, O Israel, the statutes and the rules that I speak in your hearing today, and you shall learn them and be careful to do them.
Deu 5:2 The LORD our God made a covenant with us in Horeb.
Deu 5:3 Not with our fathers did the LORD make this covenant, but with us, who are all of us here alive today.
Deu 5:4 The LORD spoke with you face to face at the mountain, out of the midst of the fire,
Deu 5:5 while I stood between the LORD and you at that time, to declare to you the word of the LORD. For you were afraid because of the fire, and you did not go up into the mountain. He said:
Deu 5:6 “‘I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.
Deu 5:7 “‘You shall have no other gods before me.
Deu 5:8 “‘You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
Deu 5:9 You shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,
Deu 5:10 but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.
Deu 5:11 “‘You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain.
Deu 5:12 “‘Observe the Sabbath day, to keep it holy, as the LORD your God commanded you.
Deu 5:13 Six days you shall labor and do all your work,
Deu 5:14 but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, you or your son or your daughter or your male servant or your female servant, or your ox or your donkey or any of your livestock, or the sojourner who is within your gates, that your male servant and your female servant may rest as well as you.
Deu 5:15 You shall remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the LORD your God brought you out from there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. Therefore the LORD your God commanded you to keep the Sabbath day.
Deu 5:16 “‘Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God commanded you, that your days may be long, and that it may go well with you in the land that the LORD your God is giving you.
Deu 5:17 “‘You shall not murder.
Deu 5:18 “‘And you shall not commit adultery.
Deu 5:19 “‘And you shall not steal.
Deu 5:20 “‘And you shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
Deu 5:21 “‘And you shall not covet your neighbor's wife. And you shall not desire your neighbor's house, his field, or his male servant, or his female servant, his ox, or his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor's.’
Deu 5:22 “These words the LORD spoke to all your assembly at the mountain out of the midst of the fire, the cloud, and the thick darkness, with a loud voice; and he added no more. And he wrote them on two tablets of stone and gave them to me.

How many times does the Bible say Abraham kept a Sabbath day?

How many times does the Bible say Isaac kept a Sabbath day?

How many times does the Bible say Jacob kept a Sabbath day?

How many times does the Bible command that a Sabbath day be kept before the children of Israel left Egypt?

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Were the 10 commandments given to Adam in the Garden before the fall, as the SDA and many other denominations claim?
Why are you pretending we believe Gods' 10 commandments were given to Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden before the fall when we believe no such things? Your spreading misinformation here. I have always said to you from the beginning there was no sin, no law, no plan of salvation before the fall of mankind. This was my point to you earlier which you just simply ignored because I gather you do not read my posts or what you are responding to.

So far everyone of your posts and scriptures have been replied to with a detailed scripture response from post # 473; post # 474; post # 475; post # 476; post # 478; post # 480; post # 485; post # 492. Your response to my posts, questions and scriptures that show why your in error is simply to ignore them and write something unrelated to what you are responding to. So I am of the opinion your not hear for a discussion are you.
Could Adam have committed adultery, and who would he have committed it with since there was only one woman? Could Adam honor his mother, since he had no mother? What does the Bible say, instead of what do men say?
Why are you trying to make arguments now that no one has ever made to you? Where did I ever post to you that Adam committed adultery in the garden of Eden or that the 10 commandments were given before the fall of mankind? If I have never made these claims or said these things why are you pretending that I have?
In the verse below the Word of God says the ten commandments are the covenant given to the children of Israel. Exo 34:28 So he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights. He neither ate bread nor drank water. And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments.
Agreed so your point here is what? You did not make one again but even here your only telling half the story because the old covenant not only included the 10 commandments but it also included the rest of the laws for remission of sins; the laws of the Levitical Priesthood, the earthly Sanctuary, the laws of sin offerings and animal sacrifices, circumcision, the annual Feast days all prophetic in nature that were "shadow laws" pointing to Jesus as the promised Messiah and Gods' sacrifice for the sins of the world and God's plan of salvation for all mankind and the work of Jesus as our great high Priest ministering on our behalf in the Heavenly Sanctuary that the Lord pitched and not man based on better promised in the new covenant after the coming of Jesus all of which were written in the Mosiac book of the covenant *Exodus 24:7.

The old covenant included not only God's 10 commandments but also the Mosaic book of the covenant and together both God's 10 commandments and the "shadow laws" from the Mosaic book of the old covenant made up the old covenant. Not just the 10 commandments.

Exodus 24:7 [7] , And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the LORD hath said will we do, and be obedient.
In the passage below we are told the Sinai Covenant was not given at an earlier time.
Deu 5:1 And Moses summoned all Israel and said to them, “Hear, O Israel, the statutes and the rules that I speak in your hearing today, and you shall learn them and be careful to do them.
Deu 5:3 Not with our fathers did the LORD make this covenant, but with us, who are all of us here alive today.
Deu 5:4 The LORD spoke with you face to face at the mountain, out of the midst of the fire,
Deu 5:5 while I stood between the LORD and you at that time, to declare to you the word of the LORD. For you were afraid because of the fire, and you did not go up into the mountain. He said:
Deu 5:6 “‘I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.
Deu 5:7 “‘You shall have no other gods before me.
Deu 5:8 “‘You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
Deu 5:9 You shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,
Deu 5:10 but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.
Deu 5:11 “‘You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain.
Deu 5:12 “‘Observe the Sabbath day, to keep it holy, as the LORD your God commanded you.
Deu 5:14 but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, you or your son or your daughter or your male servant or your female servant, or your ox or your donkey or any of your livestock, or the sojourner who is within your gates, that your male servant and your female servant may rest as well as you.
Deu 5:15 You shall remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the LORD your God brought you out from there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. Therefore the LORD your God commanded you to keep the Sabbath day.
Deu 5:16 “‘Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God commanded you, that your days may be long, and that it may go well with you in the land that the LORD your God is giving you.
Deu 5:17 “‘You shall not murder.
Deu 5:18 “‘And you shall not commit adultery.
Deu 5:19 “‘And you shall not steal.
Deu 5:20 “‘And you shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
Deu 5:21 “‘And you shall not covet your neighbor's wife. And you shall not desire your neighbor's house, his field, or his male servant, or his female servant, his ox, or his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor's.’
Deu 5:22 “These words the LORD spoke to all your assembly at the mountain out of the midst of the fire, the cloud, and the thick darkness, with a loud voice; and he added no more. And he wrote them on two tablets of stone and gave them to me.
Agreed, so why are you making arguments no one is making again instead of addressing the content, questions and scriptures from my posts that your ignoring? Where did I ever say to you that the Sinai covenant was given before Mt Sinai? If I have never said such things why are you pretending that I have? What have you posted here? A bunch of scripture I already agree with trying to make an argument no one has ever made.
How many times does the Bible say Abraham kept a Sabbath day? How many times does the Bible say Isaac kept a Sabbath day? How many times does the Bible say Jacob kept a Sabbath day? How many times does the Bible command that a Sabbath day be kept before the children of Israel left Egypt?.
Why does the bible need to say Abraham, Isaac, Jacob or anyone else kept the Sabbath when Jesus says in Mark 2:27 that the Sabbath was made for mankind and the Sabbath was made on the "seventh day" of the creation week in Genesis 3:1-3? When the Sabbath was made for man in Genesis 2:1-3 there was no Abraham, no Isaac, no Moses, no Israel. If fact there was no sin, no law, no plan of salvation (so the Sabbath cannot be a shadow of things to come) only Adam and Eve made in the image of God (mankind) walking in perfect harmony with their creator.

Your argument here is an argument in silence where you cannot also prove that Abraham, Isaac and Jacob did not keep the Sabbath either. Yet we read in the scriptures in Genesis 26:5 [5], Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws. If Jesus says that the Sabbath was made for mankind and God made the Sabbath on the "seventh day" of the creation week that is enough for me how about you?

I am enjoying our discussion although it seems to be only one way. It is still a good opportunity to share God's Word for those who are interested for which I thank you for the opportunity.

Hope this is helpful

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yet we read in the scriptures in Genesis 26:5 [5], Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

One of the problems seems to be that other members of SDA on this forum do not agree with what you say about the ten commandments not being given to Adam. He claims they were, and you claim they were not.
It appears you guys are not all on the same page.
Another member of SDA here "BobRyan" has used the Westminster Confession of Faith to claim the ten commandments were given to Adam in the Garden. Maybe you two need to have a discussion and get back to us on what the truth is.

See the link below. This was posted by a member of SDA.
Clarifying the Debate "basics" on Sabbath and the TEN Commandments | Christian Forums

------------------------------------

Did Abraham keep the commandments given to him? Absolutely.

Abraham went to a land that God showed him.

Abraham circumcised his male offspring, as God commanded him.

You cannot show us any scripture which says God commanded Abraham to keep a Sabbath day, or that Abraham kept a Sabbath day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
One of the problems seems to be that other members of SDA on this forum do not agree with what you say about the ten commandments not being given to Adam.
Maybe you have a misunderstanding of what they believe. I have never met an SDA that believes Adam and Eve were given the 10 commandments before the fall as they has no knowledge of good and evil. They were sinless, made in the image of God, and walked and talked with God.
He claims they were, and you claim they were not. It appears you guys are not all on the same page. Another member of SDA here "BobRyan" has used the Westminster Confession of Faith to claim the ten commandments were given to Adam in the Garden. Maybe you two need to have a discussion and get back to us on what the truth is.
See the link below. This was posted by a member of SDA.
Clarifying the Debate "basics" on Sabbath and the TEN Commandments | Christian Forums
I do not see where the member says that the 10 commandments were given by God to Adam and Eve before the fall at Eden here?
Did Abraham keep the commandments given to him? Absolutely. Abraham went to a land that God showed him. Abraham circumcised his male offspring, as God commanded him. You cannot show us any scripture which says God commanded Abraham to keep a Sabbath day, or that Abraham kept a Sabbath day..
Not really. Once again your trying to make an argument in silence again. I can make this same argument back to you and say show me the scripture that says Abraham did not keep Gods' 10 commandments including Gods' 4th commandment Sabbath. Now let's look at the evidence as to what the scriptures actually say and do not say....

Genesis 26:5 [5], Because that Abraham (1.) obeyed my voice, and (2) kept my charge, (3) my commandments, (4) my statutes, and (5) my laws (torah).

You make the claim in your previous post that this scripture is only referring to Abraham obeying Gods' voice and going to a land that God showed him and circumcision. Now look at what the scripture says and see if your interpretation makes sense?

God says of Abraham that he 1. obeyed his voice (went to a land that God showed him) this agrees with your first point as does 2. Kept my charge. The scripture however does not agree with your claims here as commandments in point 3 is plural commandments as is point 4 statutes as is point 5 laws are all plural.

Now let's plug in your interpretation of Genesis 26:5 as it would make no sense for the scripture in Genesis 26:5 to read Abraham (1) obeyed my voice and went to a land God showed him and (2) kept my charge and (3) circumcised his male offspring, (4) circumcised his male offspring and (5) circumcised his male offspring. Yet this is your interpretation you just tried to put on the scripture that makes no sense which the scripture does not say or does not teach

In fact if you look at the Hebrew word for laws here it is Torah meaning all laws including the 10 commandments. It is written of Abraham that he believed and followed Gods' Word and it was counted to him for righteousness *Romans 4:3; Galatians 3:6.

What you have not considered here is that God's people practiced old covenant laws for remission of sins well before Mt Sinai in offering up animal sacrifices and sin offerings for the atonement and forgiveness of sins and if they did this then they must have had a knowledge of what sin was in the old covenant before My Sinai. We know that the scriptures teach us the sin is the transgression of the law. That is the only definition of sin in the bible apart from not believing and following Gods' Word which is also sin *Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; Romans 14:23.

Before the new covenant Gods' people in order to seek Gods' forgiveness for sin had to provide animal sacrifices for sins penalty of death in order to seek God's forgiveness (see chapters Leviticus 1 to 16). So the question is do we see any of this happening before Mt Sinai? The answer is Absolutely!

Genesis 22:6-8; 13
[6], And Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering, and laid it on Isaac his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife; and they went both of them together.
[7], And Isaac spoke to Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?
[8], And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

[13], And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son.

So we see here in the case of Abraham that he had a knowledge of what sin is (breaking Gods' commandments) and offered up burnt offerings for atonement with God (Leviticus 1:4)

So the scriptures do not agree with you here..

Genesis 26:5 [5], Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and (5) my laws. (Torah).

Now we see that Abraham kept Gods' laws we also know that Jesus as posted already says that the Sabbath was made for mankind in Mark 2:27 and that the Sabbath was made on the "seventh day" of the creation week in Genesis 2:1-3. So mankind through Adam and Eve had God's Sabbath from Eden before the fall, before sin, before law, before Gods' plan of salvation was given to all mankind. So the it is impossible for the Sabbath to be a "shadow law" as there was no "shadow laws" given from the Mosaic book of the old covenant before the fall and sin of mankind and the Sabbath as a part of the finished work of creation when there was no sin. So if Jesus says that the Sabbath was made for man at creation why do you not believe him?

Hope this is helpful

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The post is not saying what you are suggesting it is saying. I think you have a misunderstanding.

SDA member BobRyan does not misunderstand the claim below.

He says the ten commandments were delivered to Adam in the Garden.
Those who use the Westminster Confession today often claim the same thing.

"II. This law, after his fall, continued to be a perfect rule of righteousness; and, as such, was delivered by God upon Mount Sinai, in ten commandments, and written in two tables:[2] the first four commandments containing our duty towards God; and the other six, our duty to man.[3]"

However, the passage found below proves he is wrong about the ten commandments in the garden, and it also proves you are wrong about the ten commandments being given to Abraham.

Deu 5:1 And Moses called all Israel, and said to them: "Hear, O Israel, the statutes and judgments which I speak in your hearing today, that you may learn them and be careful to observe them.
Deu 5:3 The LORD did not make this covenant with our fathers, but with us, those who are here today, all of us who are alive.
Deu 5:4 The LORD talked with you face to face on the mountain from the midst of the fire.
Deu 5:5 I stood between the LORD and you at that time, to declare to you the word of the LORD; for you were afraid because of the fire, and you did not go up the mountain. He said:
Deu 5:6 'I am the LORD your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
Deu 5:7 'You shall have no other gods before Me.
Deu 5:8 'You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth;
Deu 5:9 you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me,
Deu 5:10 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.
Deu 5:11 'You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.
Deu 5:12 'Observe the Sabbath day, to keep it holy, as the LORD your God commanded you.
Deu 5:14 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your ox, nor your donkey, nor any of your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates, that your male servant and your female servant may rest as well as you.
Deu 5:15 And remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the LORD your God brought you out from there by a mighty hand and by an outstretched arm; therefore the LORD your God commanded you to keep the Sabbath day.
Deu 5:16 'Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you, that your days may be long, and that it may be well with you in the land which the LORD your God is giving you.
Deu 5:17 'You shall not murder.
Deu 5:18 'You shall not commit adultery.
Deu 5:19 'You shall not steal.
Deu 5:20 'You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
Deu 5:21 'You shall not covet your neighbor's wife; and you shall not desire your neighbor's house, his field, his male servant, his female servant, his ox, his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor's.'
Deu 5:22 "These words the LORD spoke to all your assembly, in the mountain from the midst of the fire, the cloud, and the thick darkness, with a loud voice; and He added no more. And He wrote them on two tablets of stone and gave them to me.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
SDA member BobRyan does not misunderstand the claim below.

He says the ten commandments were delivered to Adam in the Garden.
Those who use the Westminster Confession today often claim the same thing.

"II. This law, after his fall, continued to be a perfect rule of righteousness; and, as such, was delivered by God upon Mount Sinai, in ten commandments, and written in two tables:[2] the first four commandments containing our duty towards God; and the other six, our duty to man.[3]"

However, the passage found below proves he is wrong about the ten commandments in the garden, and it also proves you are wrong about the ten commandments being given to Abraham.

Deu 5:1 And Moses called all Israel, and said to them: "Hear, O Israel, the statutes and judgments which I speak in your hearing today, that you may learn them and be careful to observe them.
Deu 5:3 The LORD did not make this covenant with our fathers, but with us, those who are here today, all of us who are alive.
Deu 5:4 The LORD talked with you face to face on the mountain from the midst of the fire.
Deu 5:5 I stood between the LORD and you at that time, to declare to you the word of the LORD; for you were afraid because of the fire, and you did not go up the mountain. He said:
Deu 5:6 'I am the LORD your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
Deu 5:7 'You shall have no other gods before Me.
Deu 5:8 'You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth;
Deu 5:9 you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me,
Deu 5:10 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.
Deu 5:11 'You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.
Deu 5:12 'Observe the Sabbath day, to keep it holy, as the LORD your God commanded you.
Deu 5:14 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your ox, nor your donkey, nor any of your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates, that your male servant and your female servant may rest as well as you.
Deu 5:15 And remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the LORD your God brought you out from there by a mighty hand and by an outstretched arm; therefore the LORD your God commanded you to keep the Sabbath day.
Deu 5:16 'Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you, that your days may be long, and that it may be well with you in the land which the LORD your God is giving you.
Deu 5:17 'You shall not murder.
Deu 5:18 'You shall not commit adultery.
Deu 5:19 'You shall not steal.
Deu 5:20 'You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
Deu 5:21 'You shall not covet your neighbor's wife; and you shall not desire your neighbor's house, his field, his male servant, his female servant, his ox, his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor's.'
Deu 5:22 "These words the LORD spoke to all your assembly, in the mountain from the midst of the fire, the cloud, and the thick darkness, with a loud voice; and He added no more. And He wrote them on two tablets of stone and gave them to me..

It seems you are very confused in this matter. I did read your linked post and nowhere does @BobRyan say that God delivered the 10 commandments to Adam and Eve before the fall of mankind. From what I read @BobRyan was saying was that Adam and Eve had Gods' law written on the heart because they were made in the image of God. Perhaps if your not clear on this matter you should ask @BobRyan?

I also asked you do you know the difference between having God's law written on the heart and having them written on the tables of stone? Your response as usual is to ignore my posts and the scriptures and questions asked of you that show why your claims here are in error. Is there a reason for that?

It would be good if you took the time to respond to my posts as to do for all of yours so we can have a discussion.

Upvote 0