AMAZING FUN FACTS ON GOD'S 4th COMMANDMENT AND SUNDAY WORSHIP!

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi all, friendly discussion please. Just wanting to share some fun facts based on the scriptures.

Fact # 1. Chapter and scripture context to Colossians 2:16 is to the ceremonial shadow laws of circumcision and baptism, ceremonial laws in ordinances, that are nailed to the cross, food offerings and drink offerings, new moons in the annual feast days and their sabbaths and not judging others in context to the above. (detailed scripture exegesis starting here)

Fact # 2. Colossians 2 no where states that is talking about any of God's 10 commandments but the context is to the ceremonial Mosaic laws (e.g. sin offerings etc)

Fact # 3 Colossians 2:16 is in context to annual sabbaths in the feast days (plural as there is more than one ceremonial sabbath *Leviticus 23:6-8; Leviticus 23:27-32; Leviticus 23:24-25; Leviticus 23:34-36; Leviticus 23:39; Leviticus 23:7-8; 21;24; 27; 35-36; Leviticus 25:2; Leviticus 25:9-54

and no where states that it is talking about God's 4th commandment and all sabbath.

Fact # 4. God's 4th commandment of the 10 commandment is our weekly moral duty of love to God and one of God's eternal laws that the new testament scriptures state give us the knowledge of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS if broken or obeyed *Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; Psalms 119:172; 1 Corinthians 7:19; 1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 3:6-9; Revelation 14:12; Revelation 22:14; John 14:15; Hebrews 4:9; James 2:10-11; Matthew 5:17-19.

Fact # 5 There is not a single scripture in all of Gods' Word that says God's 4th commandment has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep "Sunday" or the "First day" of the week as a Holy day.

Fact # 6 "Sunday" or the "First day of the week" is never called a "Holy day" in any scripture in the bible.

Fact # 7 "Sunday" or the "First day" of the week was never "blessed" or set aside by God for anything in any scripture in the bible other than work.

Fact # 8 God set apart the "seventh day of the week from all the other days of the week at the end of creation as a day of rest for all mankind *Genesis 2:1-3; Mark 2:27

Fact # 9 God set apart the "seventh day of the week from all the other days of the week at the end of creation as a day of rest for all mankind and made the seventh day of the week a "Holy day of rest" *Genesis 2:1-3; Mark 2:27

Fact # 10 God commands his people to keep the "seventh day" of the week as a Holy day or rest and it is one of God's 10 commandments that define what sin is if knowingly broken *Exodus 20:8-11; Romans 3:20; James 2:10-11

Fact # 11 JESUS is the creator God of the Sabbath who made all things *John 1:1-4; John 1:14; Ephesians 3:9; Colossians 1:16.

Fact # 12 JESUS is Lord of the Sabbath. It is the "Lords day" of rest *Hebrews 4:1-5 and JESUS created the Sabbath for all mankind as a memorial of creation and celebration of God as the creator of heaven and earth and commands His people to keep it as a memorial of creation and a holy day of rest *Mark 2:27-28; Genesis 2:1-3; Exodus 20:8-11; Hebrews 4:9; James 2:8-10

Fact # 13 God's 4th commandment Sabbath of the 10 commandments is not a shadow law because the shadow laws were not given until after the fall of mankind when Adam and Eve sinned against God. The prophetic "shadow law" part of the Mosaic laws (not 10 commandments) foreshadowing the coming of Christ and God's plan of salvation for all mankind. The Sabbath points back to the finished work of creation not forward to something to come because there was no sin when God created the Sabbath for man and no plan of salvation was given *Genesis 2:1-3

Fact # 14
God's people will be still keeping the Sabbath after the second coming in the new heavens and the new earth *Isaiah 66:22-23

Fact # 15 There is no scripture that says that God's Sabbath was changed to "Sunday" or the first day of the week

Fact # 16 There is no scripture that states anywhere that JESUS is a Sabbath. The sabbath is defined in God's Word alone as "the seventh day" of the week *Exodus 20:10

Fact # 17 There is no scripture that says we are to keep the first day as a Holy day of rest before or after the resurrection of Jesus by any of the Apostles.

Fact # 18 There is no scripture that ever calls the first day of the week (Sunday) a holy day. Sunday has it's origins in pagan sun worship.

Fact # 19 There is no scripture that ever givers Sunday or the first day of the week a sacred name.

Fact # 20 There is no scripture that says any of the Apostles kept Sunday or the first day of the week as a Sabbath.

Fact # 21 There is no scripture from any apostolic writings that authorizes Sunday observance as the Sabbath.

Fact # 22 There is no scripture where we are told to rest and not to work on the first day of the week.

Fact # 23 There is no scripture that says the seventh day is no longer God's Sabbath day.

Fact # 24 There is no scripture that says the seventh day Sabbath has been abolished.

Fact # 25 There is no scripture that the apostles ever taught any convert to keep the first day of the week as a Sabbath or a holy day in honor of the resurrection of Jesus.

Fact # 26 There is no scripture that says first day was ever appointed to be kept as the Lord's Day.

Fact # 27 There is no scripture that says the first day of the week is ever called the Lord's Day.

Fact # 28 There is no scripture that says the first day of the week was ever sanctified and hallowed as a day of rest.

Fact # 29 There is no scripture that says that says that the Father or the Son (Jesus) rested on the first day of the week

Fact # 30 There is no scripture that says that Jesus, Paul or any other of the apostles taught anyone to observe the first day of the week as the Sabbath.

Fact # 31 There is no scripture that says that calls the seventh day the “Jewish Sabbath” or one text that calls Sunday or the first day of the week the “Christian Sabbath”.

Fact # 32 There is no scripture telling man to keep the first day of the week holy or to worship or rest on the first day of the week.

Fact # 33 There is no scripture authorizing anyone to set aside God's Sabbath and observe any other day

Fact # 34 There is no scripture showing any of the apostles keeping the first day of the week as the Sabbath

Fact # 35 There is no scripture authorizing someone to set aside the fourth Commandment and observe any other day of the week?

Fact # 36 There is no scripture where any apostle taught us to keep the first day of the week as the Sabbath.

Fact # 37 There is no scripture declaring that the "seventh day" of the week is no longer the eternal Sabbath day as given in God's 4th commandment of the 10 commandments.

Fact # 38 There is no scripture that says Sunday is now appointed day to be kept as the New Testament Sabbath or holy day.

Something to pray about here because we are all accountable to God come judgment day where we will all be judged by the Word of God we accept or reject (John 12:47-48).

May God bless you all as you seek him through his Word

Last edited:

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Happy Sabbath! My pastor is doing a Revelation Now series if anyone is interested in watching! It's streaming live at 7 pm PST

Revelation Now
Happy Sabbath imge! Hope your days a great one. I love God's Sabbath what a wonderful blessing of rest in his presence and love!

• Friendly
Reactions: TzephanYahu
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟477,204.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Happy Sabbath imge! Hope your days a great one. I love God's Sabbath what a wonderful blessing of rest in his presence and love!
It's 2:30pm where I am but I am looking forward to welcoming Sabbath and it is such a blessing! Thanks for such an informative post! Happy Sabbath!

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It's 2:30pm where I am but I am looking forward to welcoming Sabbath and it is such a blessing! Thanks for such an informative post! Happy Sabbath!
Happy coming Sabbath sis. Those who knowingly break God's 4th do not know what they are missing.

God bless

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Dear friends, there is no scripture that says that God's 4th commandment has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day. This is a man-made teachings and tradition that JESUS warns us about in Matthew 15:3-9.

Upvote 0

clefty

Sep 17, 2020
Chattanooga
✟16,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dear friends, there is no scripture that says that God's 4th commandment has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day. This is a man-made teachings and tradition that JESUS warns us about in Matthew 15:3-9.

yup pretty simple actually

His vs NOT His...Holy vs not so much...

Looking forward to adding a TIP for what He paid for our service this week...1/7 days

Like the proportion of 1 and 7 to when a wave breaks...

IS WHY we have:

7 notes...the octave is the same note different pitch...

and

7 colors...as light waves break in this 1/7 proportion too

Stamped into His Nature is His Law...HalleluYah

Happy Sabbath be blessed rested and refreshed...to those that accept what He made Holy and gave to ALL...even the beasts...lol

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Our Sabbath observing friends would like us to believe since there is no scripture that says the Sabbath has been eliminated, likewise there is no scripture that says feast days and new moons have been eliminated. There is no scripture that says it is now perfectly okay to trim sideburns. That would leave all of us in a conundrum until we realize that the covenant that contained all of those laws has been replaced with the new and better covenant not like the one given only to Israel.
Matthew 11:28
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Heb4: 4 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. 6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:

Israel didn't enter the Rest, but you Sabbath observers tell us that Israel kept the seventh day Sabbath. So, the Rest God had for them they didn't enter because of unbelief. Now we have the invitation to enter His Rest and we can start today or any day you become convicted that indeed Jesus is our Rest everyday. Oh how disappointed He must be seeing people still trying to find Jesus rest by keeping a day the was imposed on only one nation in all the Earth. That nation failed to keep it Holy. When I was convinced I had to keep it I too failed miserably.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RBPerry

Christian Baby Boomer
Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2013
Northern California
✟86,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I was raised SDA, including their schools, MBA and Loma Linda.
We all know Constantine changed the day of worship from Saturday to Sunday to appease the sun god worshipers.
I suggest we worship God seven days a week, if you can only have Tuesdays off, then make that your day of rest. The day of rest was made for man.
Since Jesus broke the Sabbath laws and clearly stated that the day of rest was for man. Think about it, don't get stuck on tradition.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟477,204.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
We all know Constantine changed the day of worship from Saturday to Sunday to appease the sun god worshipers.
I suggest we worship God seven days a week, if you can only have Tuesdays off, then make that your day of rest. The day of rest was made for man.
Since Jesus broke the Sabbath laws and clearly stated that the day of rest was for man. Think about it, don't get stuck on tradition.
If Jesus sinned, than there is no hope for any of us, and that certainly is not the case. God did not ask us to pick one of seven days, he was very specific. I am very sorry to hear about your experience and will pray you find your way back home.

God Bless

• Winner
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Welcome Perry, nice to meet you. I am sorry to hear about your experience. I agree we should worship God everyday. That is not what God's 4th commandment is talking about in Exodus 20:8-11 though is it. If JESUS broke the Sabbath then he would have been a sinner and we are all doomed to lose our salvation but this is not what the scriptures teach. God's Word teaches that JESUS was sinless and without sin *Hebrews 4:15; Hebrews 9:28. JESUS did however break man-made teachings and traditions around the Sabbath that the Scribes and Pharisees made that were not biblical. JESUS of course being the Lord or creator of the Sabbath that he made for all mankind *Mark 2:27 at creation *Genesis 2:1-3 taught us that it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath in Matthew 12:1-12. If you do not mind me asking dear friend, why have you left the truth of Gods' Word when God has given you a knowledge of his truth in order to reject it, to follow the traditions and teachings of men that JESUS says breaks the commandments of God in Matthew 15:3-9? Does this not worry you when you read Hebrews 10:26-31? It should.

May God bless you as you seek him through his Word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Our Sabbath observing friends would like us to believe since there is no scripture that says the Sabbath has been eliminated, likewise there is no scripture that says feast days and new moons have been eliminated. There is no scripture that says it is now perfectly okay to trim sideburns. That would leave all of us in a conundrum until we realize that the covenant that contained all of those laws has been replaced with the new and better covenant not like the one given only to Israel.
Matthew 11:28
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Heb4: 4 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. 6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:

Israel didn't enter the Rest, but you Sabbath observers tell us that Israel kept the seventh day Sabbath. So, the Rest God had for them they didn't enter because of unbelief. Now we have the invitation to enter His Rest and we can start today or any day you become convicted that indeed Jesus is our Rest everyday. Oh how disappointed He must be seeing people still trying to find Jesus rest by keeping a day the was imposed on only one nation in all the Earth. That nation failed to keep it Holy. When I was convinced I had to keep it I too failed miserably.

Hi Bob, thanks for sharing with us.

I think I have asked you many times now since I have arrived here in CF "where is the scripture that says Gods' 4th commandment is abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday or the first day of the week as a Holy day?" and I am still waiting for the scriptures and neither you or anyone else for that matter has yet to provide a single scripture to show God's 4th commandment has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day. This of course as we all know is in regard to Sunday worship is a man made teaching and tradition that is not biblical as there is no scripture that says anywhere that Gods 4th commandment is now abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday or the first day of the week as a Holy day of rest.

Something to pray about I guess. JESUS warns us about following man-made teachings and traditions that break the commandments of God in Matthew 15:3-9. I think one question we should all ask ourselves is who do I believe and follow? God tells us that we all are to examine ourselves to see if we are really in the faith or not according to the scriptures unless we find that we are deceiving our own selves *2 Corinthians 13:5. Something I believe we all need to carefully consider and good advice from the Word of God. Let's remember what Gods' Word says..

HEBREWS 4:9 THEREFORE IT REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO KEEP THE SABBATH.

God bless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am amazed that a person would openly take a verse out of the Bible and decimate its meaning. What has this forum come to? Why is it allowed?

I think I have asked you many times now since I have arrived here in CF "where is the scripture that says Gods' 4th commandment is abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday or the first day of the week as a Holy day?"
I KNOW I have answered your question many times. I remember when some pastor said he would give a large amount of money to anyone that could give him scripture that tell us Sunday is the Sabbath. This seems to be a real big selling point to you people. Of course the pastor was safe from having to pay. The world is living under the laws of the new covenant. Those who are not Christians do not realize this fact. There is not one word in the new covenant that tells us we are under any obligation to observe any day. The real fact is that the new covenant is very explicit in telling us that we are not under the laws of the old covenant. The new covenant is not about keeping ritual laws of the now defunct old covenant. Too bad that you cannot see what is obvious to almost all other Christians. You keep telling us we are sinning because we don't follow the the ritual laws of the old covenant. There is not a jot of truth in writing such.

God bless.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi all friendly discussion please. Just wanting to share some fun facts based on the scriptures.

Fact # 1. Chapter and scripture context to Colossians 2:16 is to the ceremonial shadow laws of circumcision and baptism, ceremonial laws in ordinances, that are nailed to the cross, food offerings and drink offerings, new moons in the annual feast days and their sabbaths and not judging others in context to the above. (detailed scripture exegesis starting here)

Fact # 2. Colossians 2 no where states that is talking about any of God's 10 commandments but the context is to the ceremonial Mosaic laws (e.g. sin offerings etc)

Fact # 3 Colossians 2:16 is in context to annual sabbaths in the feast days (plural as there is more than one ceremonial sabbath *Leviticus 23:6-8; Leviticus 23:27-32; Leviticus 23:24-25; Leviticus 23:34-36; Leviticus 23:39; Leviticus 23:7-8; 21;24; 27; 35-36; Leviticus 25:2; Leviticus 25:9-54

and no where states that it is talking about God's 4th commandment and all sabbath.

Fact # 4. God's 4th commandment of the 10 commandment is our weekly moral duty of love to God and one of God's eternal laws that the new testament scriptures state give us the knowledge of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS if broken or obeyed *Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; Psalms 119:172; 1 Corinthians 7:19; 1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 3:6-9; Revelation 14:12; Revelations 22:14; John 14:15; Hebrews 4:9; James 2:10-11; Matthew 5:17-19.

Fact # 5 There is not a single scripture in all of Gods' Word that says God's 4th commandment has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep "Sunday" or the "First day" of the week as a Holy day.

Fact # 6 "Sunday" or the "First day of the week" is never called a "Holy day" in any scripture in the bible.

Fact # 7 "Sunday" or the "First day" of the week was never "blessed" or set aside by God for anything in any scripture in the bible other than work.

Fact # 8 God set apart the "seventh day of the week from all the other days of the week at the end of creation as a day of rest for all mankind *Genesis 2:1-3; Mark 2:27

Fact # 9 God set apart the "seventh day of the week from all the other days of the week at the end of creation as a day of rest for all mankind and made the seventh day of the week a "Holy day of rest" *Genesis 2:1-3; Mark 2:27

Fact # 10 God commands his people to keep the "seventh day" of the week as a Holy day or rest and it is one of God's 10 commandments that define what sin is if knowingly broken *Exodus 20:8-11; Romans 3:20; James 2:10-11

Fact # 11 JESUS is the creator God of the Sabbath who made all things *John 1:1-4; John 1:14; Ephesians 3:9; Colossians 1:16.

Fact # 12 JESUS is Lord of the Sabbath. It is the "Lords day" of rest *Hebrews 4:1-5 and JESUS created the Sabbath for all mankind as a memorial of creation and celebration of God as the creator of heaven and earth and commands His people to keep it as a memorial of creation and a holy day of rest *Mark 2:27-28; Genesis 2:1-3; Exodus 20:8-11; Hebrews 4:9; James 2:8-10

Fact # 13 God's 4th commandment Sabbath of the 10 commandments is not a shadow law because the shadow laws were not given until after the fall of mankind when Adam and Eve sinned against God. The prophetic "shadow law" part of the Mosaic laws (not 10 commandments) foreshadowing the coming of Christ and God's plan of salvation for all mankind. The Sabbath points back to the finished work of creation not forward to something to come because there was no sin when God created the Sabbath for man and no plan of salvation was given *Genesis 2:1-3

Fact # 14
God's people will be still keeping the Sabbath after the second coming in the new heavens and the new earth *Isaiah 66:22-23

Fact # 15 There is no scripture that says that God's Sabbath was changed to "Sunday" or the first day of the week

Fact # 16 There is no scripture that states anywhere that JESUS is a Sabbath. The sabbath is defined in God's Word alone as "the seventh day" of the week *Exodus 20:10

Fact # 17 There is no scripture that says we are to keep the first day as a Holy day of rest before or after the resurrection of Jesus by any of the Apostles.

Fact # 18 There is no scripture that ever calls the first day of the week (Sunday) a holy day. Sunday has it's origins in pagan sun worship.

Fact # 19 There is no scripture that ever givers Sunday or the first day of the week a sacred name.

Fact # 20 There is no scripture that says any of the Apostles kept Sunday or the first day of the week as a Sabbath.

Fact # 21 There is no scripture from any apostolic writings that authorizes Sunday observance as the Sabbath.

Fact # 22 There is no scripture where we are told to rest and not to work on the first day of the week.

Fact # 23 There is no scripture that says the seventh day is no longer God's Sabbath day.

Fact # 24 There is no scripture that says the seventh day Sabbath has been abolished.

Fact # 25 There is no scripture that the apostles ever taught any convert to keep the first day of the week as a Sabbath or a holy day in honor of the resurrection of Jesus.

Fact # 26 There is no scripture that says first day was ever appointed to be kept as the Lord's Day.

Fact # 27 There is no scripture that says the first day of the week is ever called the Lord's Day.

Fact # 28 There is no scripture that says the first day of the week was ever sanctified and hallowed as a day of rest.

Fact # 29 There is no scripture that says that says that the Father or the Son (Jesus) rested on the first day of the week

Fact # 30 There is no scripture that says that Jesus, Paul or any other of the apostles taught anyone to observe the first day of the week as the Sabbath.

Fact # 31 There is no scripture that says that calls the seventh day the “Jewish Sabbath” or one text that calls Sunday or the first day of the week the “Christian Sabbath”.

Fact # 32 There is no scripture telling man to keep the first day of the week holy or to worship or rest on the first day of the week.

Fact # 33 There is no scripture authorizing anyone to set aside God's Sabbath and observe any other day

Fact # 34 There is no scripture showing any of the apostles keeping the first day of the week as the Sabbath

Fact # 35 There is no scripture authorizing someone to set aside the fourth Commandment and observe any other day of the week?

Fact # 36 There is no scripture where any apostle taught us to keep the first day of the week as the Sabbath.

Fact # 37 There is no scripture declaring that the "seventh day" of the week is no longer the eternal Sabbath day as given in God's 4th commandment of the 10 commandments.

Fact # 38 There is no scripture that says Sunday is now appointed day to be kept as the New Testament Sabbath or holy day.

Something to think about here because we are all accountable to God come judgment day where we will all be judged by the Word of God we accept or reject (John 12:47-48).

May God bless you all as you seek him through his Word
I disagree with every single point, not much fun here.

Colossians 2:14
Having canceled the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us, which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.

The 'decrees against us', were contained in the law that condemned humanity. In the law, the ten commandments on their own, revealed our bad behavior. That behavior that we all have expressed towards each other. Thou shall not covet, on it's own, has condemned nearly everyone.

The 'decrees against us', are not festival days, nor health laws. These decrees against us have nothing to do with sacrifices. These decrees against us, are the laws that condemn humanity for bad behavior (The ten commandments).

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi Bob, thanks for sharing with us.

I think I have asked you many times now since I have arrived here in CF "where is the scripture that says Gods' 4th commandment is abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday or the first day of the week as a Holy day?" and I am still waiting for the scriptures and neither you or anyone else for that matter has yet to provide a single scripture to show God's 4th commandment has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day. This of course as we all know is in regard to Sunday worship is a man made teaching and tradition that is not biblical as there is no scripture that says anywhere that Gods 4th commandment is now abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday or the first day of the week as a Holy day of rest.

Something to pray about I guess. JESUS warns us about following man-made teachings and traditions that break the commandments of God in Matthew 15:3-9. I think one question we should all ask ourselves is who do I believe and follow? God tells us that we all are to examine ourselves to see if we are really in the faith or not according to the scriptures unless we find that we are deceiving our own selves *2 Corinthians 13:5. Something I believe we all need to carefully consider and good advice from the Word of God. Let's remember what Gods' Word says..

God bless.
Context, always read a verse in the surrounding context.

Hebrews 4:8-10
For if Joshua had given them rest, He would not have spoken of another day after that. Consequently, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God. For the one who has entered His rest has himself also rested from his works, as God did from His.

The author is talking about the rest in Christ, a rest from the works of the law.

That rest, 'His rest', is referring to seeking righteousness through the law.

To read that verse (Hebrews 4:9) as saying; honor the Sabbath. Is an appalling and deliberate misinterpretation of the text.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I disagree with every single point, not much fun here.

Colossians 2:14
Having canceled the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us, which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.

The 'decrees against us', were contained in the law that condemned humanity. In the law, the ten commandments on their own, revealed our bad behavior. That behavior that we all have expressed towards each other. Thou shall not covet, on it's own, has condemned nearly everyone.

The 'decrees against us', are not festival days, nor health laws. These decrees against us have nothing to do with sacrifices. These decrees against us, are the laws that condemn humanity for bad behavior (The ten commandments).

Indeed most who follow man-made teachings and traditions that are not biblical will indeed disagree with what Gods' Word says. Yet here they are with no scripture to support their position. Make one want to ask the question if we are not following God's Word who are we following? For me only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God. JESUS warns us about doing this in Matthew 15:3-9. Even in your own post here you claim that the decrees that are against us are the 10 commandments. The ten commandments were never against. In the new covenant they have the same role they always have and that is to give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken according to Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7 and 1 John 3:4 and if we break anyone of them according to James including God's 4th commandment we stand guilty before God of sin *James 2:10-11. Now please show me a single scripture in Colossians 2 that is talking about the 10 commandments?

You quote Colossians 2:14 which says [14], BLOTTING OUT the HANDWRITING of ORDINANCES that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross

You claim this is in reference to the 10 commandments being blotted out. Let's add the context back in and look at the text in detail to see if it is saying what your claiming here.

COLOSSIANS 2:11-17 CHAPTER CONTEXT
[11], In whom also you are CIRCUMCISION with the CIRCUMCISION made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
[12], Buried with him in baptism, in which also you are risen with him through the faith of the working of God, who has raised him from the dead.
[13], And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, has he made alive together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
[14], BLOTTING OUT the HANDWRITING of ORDINANCES that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
[15], And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a show of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
[16], Let no man therefore judge you in FOOD AND DRINK, or in respect of a HOLY DAY [FESTIVAL], or of the NEW MOON, or of the SABBATH DAYS:
[17], Which are a SHADOW OF THINGS TO COME; but the body is of Christ.

CHAPTER CONTEXT OF COL 2:14 AND SUBJECT MATTER (COL 2:11-17)

V11. Shadows of the CEREMONIAL ORDINANCE of CIRCUMCISION pointing to CIRCUMCISION of the HEART MADE WITHOUT HANDS by the CIRCUMCISION of Christ.

THE SHADOW LAWS FORETOLD IN THE OLD AND NEW TESTAMENT SCRIPTURES….

DEUTERONOMY 10:16 [16] CIRCUMCISE THERFORE THE FORESKIN OF YOUR HEART, and be no more stiff-necked.

DEUTERONOMY 30:6 [6] And the LORD your God will CIRCUMCISE YOUR HEART AND THE HEART OF YOUR DECENDENCE, TO LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND WITHYOU’RE YOUR SOUL, THAT YOU MAY LIVE.

JEREMIAH 4:4 [4] CIRCUMCISE YOURSELF TO THE LORD, AND TAKE AWAY THE FORESKINS OF YOUR HEART, you men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem: lest my fury come forth like fire, and burn that none can quench it, because of the evil of your doings.

NOTE: NEW COVENANT FULFILLMENT of the SHADOWS of the CEREMONIAL ORDINANCE of CIRCUMCISION pointing the CIRCUMCISION of the HEART through faith in Christ…

ROMANS 2:25-29 [25] For circumcision verily profits, if you keep the law: but if you are a breaker of the law, your circumcision is made uncircumcision. [26], Therefore if the uncircumcision keeps the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision? [27], And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfils the law, judge you, who by the letter and circumcision do transgress the law? [28], FOR HE IS NOT A JEW, WHO IS ONE; NEITHER IS THAT CIRCUMCISION, WHICH IS OF THE OUTWARD FLESH: [29], BUT HE IS A JEW WHICH IS ONE INWARDLY; AND CIRCUMCISION IS THAT OF THE HEART, IN THE SPIRIT AND NOT IN THE LETTER; WHOSE PRAISE IS NOT OF MEN BUT OF GOD.

1 CORITHIANS 7:19 [19] CIRCUMCISION IS NOTHING, AND UNCIRCUMCISION IS NOTHING, BUT THE KEEPING OF THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD.

This is the operation of GOD in the NEW COVENANT…

HEBREWS 8:10 [10], For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord; I WILL PUT MY LAWS INTO THEIR MINDS, AND WRITE THEM IN THEIR HEARTS [NOTE: THE SHADOW OF CIRCUMCSION]: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

CONCLUSION; The CEREMONIAL ORDINANCE of CIRCUMCISION is a Shadow law from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT pointing to a NEW HEART to LOVE and OBEY GOD in the NEW COVENANT. The SHADOW laws of the CEREMONIAL ORDINANCES of CIRCUMCISION from the Mosaic BOOK of the Covenant are the within CHAPTER CONTEXT BEFORE COL 2:14

Let's continue on through the chapter...

COLOSSIANS 2:14 SCRIPTURE SUBJECT MATTER AND CONTENT.

14, Blotting out the HANDWRITING of ORDINANCES that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

GREEK WORD MEANINGS AND WORD USE

14, “BLOTTING OUT” < G1813 ἐξαλείφω exaleipho (ex-a-lei'-fō) v. means to rub out, i.e. obliterate, erase> the “HANDWRITING” < G5498 χειρόγραφον cheirographon (chei-ro'-gra-fon) n. means something hand-written (“chirograph”), a manuscript specially, a legal document > of “ORDINANCES” < G1378 δόγμα dogma (d̮og'-ma) n. means ordinance; CIVIL, CEREMONIAL or ECCLESIASTICAL LAWS> that was against us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

The GREEK WORD meanings here in this scripture show that it follows the same CONTEXT of v11-13 in relation to the CEREMONIAL ORDINANCES found in the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7.

V14
Blotting out or erasing the legal MANUSCRIPT or document of ORDINANCES referred to here are those of the CEREMONIAL ORDINANCES from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT.

The GREEK word for ORDIANACE is DOGMA meaning THE CIVIL, CEREMONIAL and ECCLESIASTICAL ORDINANCES once again only found in the MOSAIC BOOK of the Covenant *EXODUS 24:7

This scripture cannot be referring to the abolishing of the 10 commandments of God’s LAW as God’s 10 Commandments are not ORDINANCES and they are not written in a MANUSCRIPT they are written on two tables of stone (Exodus 31:18). Also the chapter CONTEXT is in reference to the CEREMONIAL ORDINANCES of CIRCUMCISION once again from the MOSAIC BOOK of the OLD COVENANT. These were all SHADOWS ALONG WITH THE ORDINANCES OF v17 pointing to Christ and the plan of SALVATION.

ORDINANCES that were against us is referring to the also referring to the PENALTY of SIN (breaking God’s Commandments which is death) and the ORDINANCES of curses written once again in the MOSAIC BOOK of the Covenant.

ECCLESIASTES 18:20 20, The soul that sins, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be on him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be on him.

ROMANS 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

DEUTERONOMY 31:26 [26] Take this Book of the Law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there FOR A WITNESS AGAINST THEE.

DEUTERONOMY 30:19 [19] For GOD has said, I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, BLESSINGS AND CURSES: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live: [20] That thou mayest love the Lord thy God, and that thou mayest OBEY his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD swore unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

The death penalty is against us. So were all the ceremonial laws from the OLD COVENANT that were required to seek God's forgiveness *LEVITICUS 16. In the NEW COVENANT we are forgiven by FAITH through confession and repentance for our sins *1 JOHN 1:9; MATTHEW 3:2 . No more animal sacrifices required.

(See the list of ORDINACES for curses of breaking Gods’ Law in DEUTERONOMY 28:15-68)

……….

So, what is the answer to the question we asked earlier

WHAT IS THE TOPIC OF CONVERSATION AND TOPIC OF COLOSSIANS 2:14?

ANSWER; As shown through the scriptures above in COLOSSIANS 2:11-14 linked to the OLD and NEW TESATMANT scriptures, the “CONTEXT”, “SUBJECT MATTER” and TOPIC OF CONVERSATION” of COL 2:11-14 is talking about the CEREMONIAL ORDINANCES written in the “SHADOW LAWS” from the MOSIAC BOOK of the Covenant which are SHADOW laws pointing to Jesus and God’s plan of SALVATION in the NEW COVENANT. The “CONTEXT” and “SUBJECT MATTER” of COLOSSIANS 2:16 is not referring to ABOLISHING any one of God’s 10 Commandments.

Sorry dear friend it seems like God's Word disagrees with you when the context is added. This is only sent in love and as a help and blessing to you

May you receive God's Word and be blessed.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Context, always read a verse in the surrounding context.

Hebrews 4:8-10
For if Joshua had given them rest, He would not have spoken of another day after that. Consequently, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God. For the one who has entered His rest has himself also rested from his works, as God did from His.

The author is talking about the rest in Christ, a rest from the works of the law.

That rest, 'His rest', is referring to seeking righteousness through the law.

To read that verse (Hebrews 4:9) as saying; honor the Sabbath. Is an appalling and deliberate misinterpretation of the text.

Hmm nope try adding all the context. Here you go...

HEBREWS 4:8 WHAT IS THE ANOTHER DAY?

The key scriptures to help understand Hebrews 4:8 are the context of Hebrews 4:1-11. So why not look at them as you cannot expect to understand single scriptures devoid of context and build a doctrine around it. But it is true many seem to do just this though but lets not head in that direction. Let's look at all the scripture context.

HEBREWS 4:1-11
[1], Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into HIS REST, any of you should seem to come short of it.
[2], For to us was the gospel preached, as well as to them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
[3], For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into MY REST: ALTHOUGH THE WORKS WERE FINISHED FROM THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD.
[4], FOR HE SPOKE IN A CERTAIN PLACE (GENSIS 2:1-3) OF THE SEVENTH DAY ON THIS WISE, AND GOD DID REST THE SEVENTH DAY FROM ALL HIS WORKS.
[5], And in this place again, If they shall enter into MY REST.

KEY POINTS OF HEBREWS 4:1-5

NOTE: CONTEXT is God's REST from the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH REST OF CREATION (v4-5) and those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW GOD's WORD [the GOSPEL] enter into God's SABBATH REST as GOD did on the SEVENTH DAY of the week and those who did not enter into God’s rest (Sabbath) did not do so because they did not believe and follow God’s Word (the gospel). The CONTEXT is GOD's SEVENTH DAY SABBATH REST and those who believe or do not believe God's WORD (the Gospel that was preached unto them as well as unto us, with those of us entering into God’s Sabbath rest!

Let’s continue…

[6], SEEING THEREFORE IT REMAINS THAT SOME MUST ENTER THEREIN, AND THEY TO WHOM IT WAS FIRST PREACHED ENTERED NOT IN BECAUSE OF UNBELIEF

NOTE: Following on from the earlier contexts therefore it remains that some (those who believe and follow God’s Word – the gospel) and those who God’s Word (the gospel) was first preached did not enter in because of unbelief.

[7], Again, HE LIMITS A CERTAIN DAY, SAYING IN DAVID, TO DAY, AFTER SO LONG A TIME; AS IT IS SAID, TO DAY IF YOU WILL HEAR HIS VOICE, HARDEN NOT YOUR HEARTS.

NOTE 1: He limits a certain day is in reference to David in Psalms 95 where David says…
[8], Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
[9], When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my work.
[10], Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways:
[11], To whom I swore in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest.

Compare this with Hebrews 3 and Hebrews 4:1-11. This reference is a warning not to harden our hearts as those in the wilderness that did not enter into God’s seventh day Sabbath rest because of their unbelief and because they did not believe and follow God’s Word (the gospel).

HEBREWS 4:1-7 CONTEXT SUMMARY

(1). Both God’s people in the wilderness and us “today” have had the Gospel preached to us “for to us was the gospel preached, as well as to them: but the word preached did not profit them” v2

(2). The gospel did not profit those in the wilderness because they did not believe and follow God’s Word.

(3). God’ rest is defined in the scripture context as God’s “seventh day Sabbath rest” v4-5

(4). Those who do not believe and follow the gospel do not enter into God’s “seventh day Sabbath rest” and those of us (today) that do believe and follow Gods’ Word (the gospel) do enter into God’s Sabbath rest v3

(5). Paul is also referencing David in Psalms 95 which is a warning not to harden our hearts to believe and follow God’s Word (the gospel) so that we can enter into Gods’ rest (the seventh day Sabbath) v8

Ok all of the above is the context so far lets continue.

[8], FOR IF JESUS HAD GIVEN THEM REST, THEN WOULD HE NOT AFTERWARD HAVE SPOKEN OF ANOTHER DAY.

Let’s put it all together. Both those in the wilderness and those of us “today” that have received the gospel of God’s Word have both had the gospel (Word of God) preached to us. Those who JESUS gave rest (Sabbath rest) are those of us who believe and follow God’s Word. By believing and following God’s Word we enter into Gods “seventh day Sabbath rest” as defined in Hebrews 4:4-5. The "another day" therefore is in reference to the gospel being preached "unto us" at the coming of the Messiah “Today if you will hear HIS VOICE {JESUS} harden not you’re your heart as in the day of the wilderness (Psalms 95; Hebrews 3). It is those of us that believe and follow God’s Word (the gospel) in JESUS "today" that enter into God’s rest which the context defines as the “seventh day sabbath”

[9] SO THEN, IT REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO KEEP THE SABBATH.
[10], For he that is entered into HIS REST, he also has ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
[11], LET US LABOR THEREFORE TO ENTER THAT REST, [God’s REST the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH] lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief [rejecting God’s WORD and sin; Hebrews 3].

KEY POINTS OF HEBREWS 4:9
Now notice Hebrews 4, verse 9: “SO THEN, IT REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO KEEP THE SABBATH.” In verses 1, 3, 4 and 8, the Greek word for “rest” is katapausin. It means “rest.” But in verse 9, the Greek word for “rest” is sabbatismos, which is a Hebrew word—Sabbat, which means “the Sabbath”—combined with a Greek suffix—ismos, which means “a keeping of” or “a doing of.” Put together, sabbatismo means “a keeping of the Sabbath.” When correctly translated, Hebrews 4:9 should read, “There remains therefore a keeping of the Sabbath to the people of God.”

ANSWER:The another day is the coming of the messiah and the Gospel of our Lord JESUS Christ and only those who believe and follow his Word enter into his seventh day Sabbath rest. “Therefore it remains for the people of God to keep the Sabbath.

Let's dig a little deeper now we have added the context back in from HEBREWS 4:1-11

HEBREWS 4:9 SABBATISMOS AND KEEPING OF THE SABBATH

The Aramiac rendering I believe that is most accurate to the original Greek.
HEBREWS 4:9 [9], SO THEN IT REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO KEEP THE SABBATH.

Now notice Hebrews 4, verse 9: “There remains therefore a SABBATH rest to the people of God.” In verses 1, 3, 4 and 8, the Greek word for “rest” is katapausin. It means “rest.” But in verse 9, the Greek word for “rest” is sabbatismos, which is a Hebrew word—Sabbat, which means “the Sabbath”—combined with a Greek suffix—ismos, which means “a keeping of” or “a doing of.” Put together, sabbatismos means “a keeping of the Sabbath (noun).” When correctly translated, Hebrews 4:9 should read, “There remains therefore a keeping of the Sabbath to the people of God.” Sabbatizo is the verb form of sabbatismos

GREEK INTERLINEAR
HEBREWS 4:9 άρα (Then) απολείπεται (there is left) σαββατισμός a Sabbath keeping τω (to the) λαώ (people) του θεού (of God)

STRONGS LEXICON
So ἄρα (ara) Conjunction Strong's Greek 686: Then, therefore, since. Probably from airo; a particle denoting an inference more or less decisive.
there remains ἀπολείπεται (apoleipetai) Verb - Present Indicative Middle or Passive - 3rd Person Singular Strong's Greek 620: From apo and leipo; to leave behind; by implication, to forsake. a Sabbath rest σαββατισμὸς (sabbatismos) Noun - Nominative Masculine Singular Strong's Greek 4520: A keeping of the Sabbath, a Sabbath rest. From a derivative of sabbaton; a 'sabbatism', i.e. the repose of Christianity. for the τῷ () Article - Dative Masculine Singular Strong's Greek 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the. people λαῷ (laō) Noun - Dative Masculine Singular Strong's Greek 2992: Apparently a primary word; a people. of God. Θεοῦ (Theou) Noun - Genitive Masculine Singular Strong's Greek 2316: A deity, especially the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very.

STRONGS CONCORDENCE
sabbatismos: a sabbath rest Definition: a sabbath rest Usage (DOING): a keeping of the Sabbath, a Sabbath rest.

BDAG
σαββατισμός, οῦ, ὁ (σαββατίζω; Plut., Mor. 166a cj.; Just., D. 23, 3) sabbath rest, sabbath observance fig. Hb 4:9 a special period of rest for God’s people modeled after the traditional sabbath (CBarrett, CHDodd Festschr. ’56, 371f [eschat.]).—S. on κατάπαυσις HWeiss, CBQ 58, ’96, 674–89. M-M. TW.

ENGLISHMAN'S CONCORDANCE
Hebrews 4:9 N-NMS GRK: ἄρα ἀπολείπεται σαββατισμὸς τῷ λαῷ NAS: there remains a Sabbath rest for the people KJV: therefore a rest to the people INT: Then remains a sabbath rest to the people

HEBREWS 4:9 [9], SO THEN IT REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO KEEP THE SABBATH.

Resting therefore is how the sabbath is kept. Have lots more tracing this right back to the Hebrew. If you would like it let me know.

HEBREWS 4:9 [9],THERE REMAINS THEN A SABBATH REST (σαββατισμός sabbatismos) FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD

The translation for "Keeping Sabbath" comes from the Greek word that is used in Hebrews 4:9, σαββατισμός, pronounced sabbatismos, which is a noun form that means Sabbath rest, Sabbath (keeping) observance (Arndt and Gingrich, A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament).

This definition of the Greek word σαββατισμός sabbatismos is confirmed by other historical works: The words 'keeping sabbath' or sabbath rest is translated from the GK noun sabbatismos, [and is] a unique word in the NT.

This term appears also in Plutarch (Superset. 3 [Moralia 166a]) for sabbath observance or keeping, and in four post-canonical Christian writings which are not dependent on Heb. 4:9 (The Anchor Bible Dictionary, Vol. 5, p. 856).

The Greek word, σαββατισμός sabbatismos, is a noun. The verb form of the word is σαββατίζω sabbatizo, which means to keep the Sabbath (Arndt and Gingrich, A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament).

This definition of σαββατίζω Sabbatizo is confirmed by its use in the Septuagint, a Greek translation of the Old Testament which dates from third century BC. It is called the Septuagint, meaning Seventy because the first five books were translated by seventy scholars who were Greek-speaking Jews in Alexandria, Egypt. Jews used the Septuagint in synagogues throughout the Roman empire, and by the Greek-speaking Jewish and Gentile coverts in the early New Testament church. The apostle Paul quotes extensively from the Septuagint in his epistle to the Hebrews. When Paul used the Greek word σαββατισμός sabbatismos in Hebrews 4:9, he knew that the meaning of this word was well known to the Greek-speaking believers of that day. The verb form σαββατίζω, sabbatizo was used in the Septuagint which was as familiar to the Greek-speaking Jews and Gentiles of New Testament times as the King James Bible is to Christians today.

The use of the verb σαββατίζω sabbatizo in Leviticus 23:32 in the Septuagint leaves no room to mistake its meaning. The Greek English Lexicon of the Septuagint defines σαββατίζω sabbatizo as to keep sabbath, to rest (Lust, Eynikel, Hauspie). The English translation of this verse in the Septuagint reads: It [the Day of Atonement] shall be a holy sabbath [literally, a Sabbath of Sabbaths] to you; and ye shall humble your souls, from the ninth day of the month: from evening to evening shall ye keep your sabbaths (The Septuagint With the Apocrypha, Brenton).

The phrase shall ye keep your sabbaths is translated from the Greek phrase σαββατιείτε τα σάββατα sabbatieite ta sabbata, which literally means, You shall sabbathize the Sabbaths. The form of the Greek verb σαββατίζω sabbatizo is the second person plural σαββατιείτε sabbatieite, which means, ye shall keep. Since the verb sabbathize, means to keep the Sabbath, this verb is a special verb that also relates to and defines Sabbath-keeping, for God’s command for the land Sabbath every seven years. In the entire Septuagint, the verb σαββατίζω sabbatizo is never used to define the keeping of anything else. Rather, it is always used in relation to Sabbath-keeping and Sabbath-keeping only. In keeping with this definition, the KJV translates σαββατιείτε sabbatieite, this way: shall ye celebrate your sabbath.

There is no question that the Greek verb σαββατίζω sabbatizo in Leviticus 23:32 is specifically referring to Sabbath observance. This meaning applies equally to the noun form σαββατισμός sabbatismos, which we find in Paul’s epistle to Hebrews. The fact that Paul used the Septuagint translation in this epistle confirms that the meaning word σαββατισμός sabbatismos, in Hebrews 4:9, is in complete accord with the meaning of σαββατιείτε τα σάββατα sabbatieite ta sabbata, in Leviticus 23:32. Clearly Paul is upholding the observance of the Sabbath, the seventh day of the week.

And there you have it. Clearly, the Sabbath is still very much valid today, and to say that we no longer have to keep it holy, because Jesus is our Sabbath rest, is dangerous and foolish and is simply not biblical as the only definition of God's 4th commandment "SABBATH" is "THE SEVENTH DAY OF THE WEEK" *Exodus 20:10; Matthew 12:8.

Hope this is helpful.

Upvote 0