Am i wrong or should my mom wear a bra around my boyfriend? (At home)

Stormy

Senior Contributor
Jun 16, 2002
St. Louis, Mo
Visit site
✟51,954.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
If God has taught me one thing in my life, its that we can't control the actions of others. But we can live our own life as we choose. Stop entertaining your guy at home. If your mom asks why simply tell her that she makes you feel uncomfortable by not wearing a bra.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Her pastor knows her mom, and her. Talking to her pastor doesn't keep the issue private. Things should be kept private whenever reasonable.

And putting this information on the internet in a random forum is keeping it private?

You're also suggesting that her Pastor is incapable of holding confidential information. If that is true, than he has no business being a Pastor.

Upvote 0

Barney

Oct 27, 2017
midwest
✟17,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You're also suggesting that her Pastor is incapable of holding confidential information. If that is true, than he has no business being a Pastor.

You might like to share everything with your pastor, but I don't think my personal business is his business, even if he kept it confidential. Besides, you might have idolize your pastor, but pastors are only human and things can slip.

• Agree
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You might like to share everything with your pastor, but I don't think my personal business is his business, even if he kept it confidential. Besides, you might have idolize your pastor, but pastors are only human and things can slip.

I did not call for her to share "everything" with him, I am not advocating that, and if you think I am, you are not understanding me. That being said, I trust my Pastor. If I did not, I would not be a member of the church. I do not idolize my Pastor.

Upvote 0

Poppyseed78

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2016
US
✟275,982.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's...very odd. I wear a bra if I have guests over, including my own parents. I only go braless around my husband and son (who is currently under two years old). I understand wanting to be comfortable in your own house, but...still lol. Just my opinion.

Anyway, as for saying something to your mom, that's a sticky situation. With my own mom I'd say "FYI, you need to wear a bra," but it doesn't sound like that would work for you. If you don't want to rock the boat or cause tension, it might be better not to say anything at all and try to ignore it.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Her pastor knows her mom, and her. Talking to her pastor doesn't keep the issue private. Things should be kept private whenever reasonable.

I don't have an issue bringing up issues in an online Christian community if you don't feel comfortable asking in your offline Christian community. That's kind of what we're here for :)

And there is no way to tell who these people are from the information given, so there isn't a privacy violation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Amy Lohter

Oct 26, 2017
Ohio
✟11,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thank you :)
I don't have an issue bringing up issues in an online Christian community if you don't feel comfortable asking in your offline Christian community. That's kind of what we're here for :)

And there is no way to tell who these people are from the information given, so there isn't a privacy violation.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

A fair point.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Wow this thread is old.

I just read it. Very amusing.

I think the problem is our society. There is very much a double standard by both the religious and nonreligious communities. It causes many problems. Anything unusual generally catches the eye of either sex. Forbidden things are very attractive. The BF's only problem is he is alive.

bugkiller

• Prayers
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

AnotherAtheist

Gimmie dat ol' time physical evidence
Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2007
East Midlands
✟123,826.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
When a nipple is showing, everyone looks....until they get use to it. He is more likely uncomfortable than "turned on"

I can well imagine this being the case. He might even find it gross to see his girlfriend's mother like this. But, none of us are mind-readers.

Upvote 0

AnotherAtheist

Gimmie dat ol' time physical evidence
Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2007
East Midlands
✟123,826.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
A male finding a female nipple gross. Really?

bugkiller

In certain social situations where sexuality is inappropriate: yes. I am a male and typically find nipples attractive. However, there are situations where sexuality and sexual feelings are inappropriate, and I can feel grossed out then.

EDIT: As an example: when a clearly mentally ill woman exposed herself to me on the London Underground. I feel sorry for her and hope that she is better now and living a good life. But, I also felt a bit grossed out by the experience.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0