1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. We are holding our 2022 Angel Ministry Drive now. Please consider signing up, or if you have any questions about being an Angel, use our staff application form. The world needs more prayer now, and it is a great way to help other members of the forums. :) To Apply...click here

Am I wrong ( 14yr old bro hit my 3 mo old baby)

Discussion in 'Requests for Christian Advice' started by Macchiato, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Macchiato

Macchiato Well-Known Member Supporter

+749
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    . Yesterday while i was trying to do my work from home job..
    My brothers were playing around and my 14yr old bro hit the baby twice.
    I told him if he kept hitting her Id call thr cops. My mom got mad at me and told me i have 30 days to move and that i shouldve called her.
    To add insult to injury my 14yr ols bro said something about throwing her on the ground then told me to get over him hitting her twice.
    My mom got all flustered bc i said id call the cops and was like do you knoe what theyd do to him???
    But months ago you said if my son grew up to be like your bad cousin billy who was in and out of jail you'd kill him and said i was too sensitive. Bc i was close to tears.
    Then you let my dad threaten my bro with physical violence and u tell him to bare with you until your money comes from the settle ment.

Just tried to save up in the midst but coulsnt do that it seems.
    I feel like im not wrong for saying Id call the cops on my brother. Im not and even then It was a bluff and I said if he did it repeatedly.
    I feel like i cant say or do anything the moment i do stuff hits the fan. Itd be fine if it were me
    But it was my baby.
    Am i wrong for saying id call the cope on my bro? Hes 14 he has slight issues like aspbergers maybe but he knows what he did was wrong bc when hes in school hes a model kid.
    Now my mom is throwing me out i have 30 days to move. ( ive been looking for a job but no dice)
    --------
    Edit-- sorry I forgot to add that my 14yr old bro has aspbergers. Very slight or something like it.

2. Michie

Michie Standing by the Ukraine. Supporter

+49,762
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    You should call the police.

3. Macchiato

+749
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    For perspective it was a dog toy and by accident. And my bro has asperbergers or something. He knows what hes doing though. He's very high functioning.

4. Michie

+49,762
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Well consult a social worker. They’ll instruct you. Hitting a baby is unacceptable though.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. pdudgeon

pdudgeon Traditional Catholic Supporter

+12,043
    United States
    Catholic
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    But before you call the police, call Social Services and see if they can find a place for you to live, because you have an emergency situation, and you need safety for yourself and for the baby.
    Tackle that problem first, and let them help you to find a safe place for yourself and for your baby, away from your family.
    Then let your parents handle your brother.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  6. Macchiato

+749
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    My mom rarely disciplines my brother if ever. Im so afraid to call social services bc a friend of mind had cps come into her life and her baby was taken. That scares me to no end.

7. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

+8,856
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    He still has no excuse.

8. bèlla

bèlla ❤️ Supporter

+16,629
    United States
    Non-Denom
    In Relationship
    You’re responsible for the child’s welfare. Irrespective of your brother’s behavior. If you ignore it and the child is harmed at a later date you’re accountable and may regret your stance.

You can’t make your mother discipline him or control him either. It appears circumstances are leading you to a conclusion you didn’t expect. But perhaps there’s a blessing in this we can’t see at present.

Ask for the Lord’s guidance and peace as you decide.

~bella

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • List
  9. Macchiato

+749
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I didnt ignore my child. I was working ( work from home) and I asked my brother (another one. Hes 23) to watch her while I work and that happened.

10. Macchiato

+749
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I agree. My mom makes plenty for him though. Shes giving me 30 days.

11. mina

mina Brown Eyed girl

+3,750
    Christian
    Married
    You were not wrong to say that. As a mother you need to protect your baby and keep them out of that environment. It sounds like there's a lot of violent talk, actions, or threats and that is not good for a baby to be around. I wouldn't let them watch my child again.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  12. Michie

+49,762
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    It all sounds very dysfunctional. Just call social services and talk to a social worker to instruct you on how to proceed.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
  13. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

+8,856
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    She's given herself 30 days for access to your baby.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints! Supporter

+6,585
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    @Macchiato, there is no easy solution.
    If you don't exercise due diligence (take action), you could be accused of child neglect and still be at risk for having your baby taken away.

See if you can have a friend talk to social services, anonymously on your behalf to get a sense what they might do.
    Also, consider talking to an attorney, first, to walk you through this process. If you can't afford one, there are sliding-scale attorneys out there.

15. Macchiato

+749
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    It is dysfunctional. I dont want my child taken away. Im a good mother. I dont smoke or drink or anything like that.

16. Macchiato

+749
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Im trying. Im definitely not making light of the issue-- i just wanted to work and save snd move and get a place. I havent had much luck with work though. I need to do something though.

17. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints! Supporter

+6,585
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    I have Aspergers (now known as ASD1). What you are describing is more consistent with ASD2 or 3.

Autlanders, Thriving Outside of the Box: Autism Subtypes...

When my kids were at home, my ASD2 son recklessly endangered his toddler sister & brother on more than one occasion.
    (He wasn't mean as a rule, but very impulsive.)

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. bèlla

bèlla ❤️ Supporter

+16,629
    United States
    Non-Denom
    In Relationship
    I was referencing the situation. Not your child. Since he does as he pleases. The likelihood of future issues is likely. History becomes a factor when social services and the police get involved.

~bella

19. Andy Pierce

Andy Pierce Member

+51
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    If someone hit my baby, I'd knock them out or taze them. Then call the cops.

20. anna ~ grace

anna ~ grace Newbie Supporter

+11,724
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    You need to move out.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List