✟115,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
EDIT

I wrote a long response, but forget it. I asked if I was welcome. A few of the old TAW people responded affirmatively. I appreciate it. But now this has turned into a thread bashing and judging my Eastern Catholic brethren. For goodness' sake, I ask if I'm welcome, and now I see the word "uniate" getting tossed around. I guess I have my answer. If any mods are watching, close this thread. I won't be back.

So, we have to couch our words in TAW just because some Catholics might be lurking?

"No safe spaces for Orthodoxes!"

Anyways, my posts were in regards to why there is such an emphasis on Papal supremacy. A couple posts on that and we were done.

I just thought it was interesting that the Pope allows the EC to recite the Creed sans filioque.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,013,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
EDIT

I wrote a long response, but forget it. I asked if I was welcome. A few of the old TAW people responded affirmatively. I appreciate it. But now this has turned into a thread bashing and judging my Eastern Catholic brethren. For goodness' sake, I ask if I'm welcome, and now I see the word "uniate" getting tossed around. I guess I have my answer. If any mods are watching, close this thread. I won't be back.
Please don’t take a few people’s responses as a rejection of the TAW family as a whole. You are more than welcome to be here in fellowship, and you are one of the old timers of TAW. There aren’t too many of us left :)

Upvote 0

Hermit76

You can call me Paisios
Supporter
Jun 5, 2015
✟291,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I missed something somewhere... I thought the conversation was going well. I didn't detect any absolute nastiness anywhere. Anyone who is not EO is going to face criticism of their tradition on here. Heck, even we EOs find opposing voices on here from each other. It is how we grow in some regards. I wouldn't leave because of this conversation. If the entire experience is causing you distress then you might ought to step back. Online forums and social media are not the healthiest ways to spend our time.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,337.00
Country
United States
Faith