Gold Coast
✟51,233.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Brothers and sister, I'm fighting against inappropriate content addiction and lust. But I keep giving into temptation. I sin again and again and again, am I truly saved? How do I kill my flesh, I feel so lost and confused. Im so tired of this constant cycle. I cry out to God in my prayers and during the day but I fell as though He is silent me. What am I doing wrong? How can I get closer to Him? please help me...

gym_class_hero

Dec 31, 2016
state of grace
✟122,069.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
are you avoiding putting yourself in a position to be tempted? I was a binge drinker for years, in addition to confession and prayer I learned the best way to avoid falling into that behavior was avoiding certain friends and certain situations.

You have to change your habits in order to overcome sin patterns.

As far as your salvation, Satan tempts us most when he fears we are drawing closer to God. When we are lukewarm, or distant, he has no need to tempt us.

God bless you.

Upvote 0

Jh24

A brother in Christ
Mar 8, 2019
Gold Coast
✟51,233.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
are you avoiding putting yourself in a position to be tempted? I was a binge drinker for years, in addition to confession and prayer I learned the best way to avoid falling into that behavior was avoiding certain friends and certain situations.

You have to change your habits in order to overcome sin patterns.

As far as your salvation, Satan tempts us most when he fears we are drawing closer to God. When we are lukewarm, or distant, he has no need to tempt us.

God bless you.
Thank you for you advice, God bless you

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,339.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Brothers and sister, I'm fighting against inappropriate content addiction and lust. But I keep giving into temptation. I sin again and again and again, am I truly saved? How do I kill my flesh, I feel so lost and confused. Im so tired of this constant cycle. I cry out to God in my prayers and during the day but I fell as though He is silent me. What am I doing wrong? How can I get closer to Him? please help me...

Hello Jh24. Perhaps to encourage you, what you are posting is a sign that the Holy Spirit is working in your life. If you weren't saved then your conscience would be seared, this stuff wouldn't bother you. That it is bothering you is a sign that you are saved. We are all being sanctified by the Holy Spirit, it is a process, there will be progress. Don't give up. God Bless You :)

Upvote 0

Jh24

A brother in Christ
Mar 8, 2019
Gold Coast
✟51,233.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello Jh24. Perhaps to encourage you, what you are posting is a sign that the Holy Spirit is working in your life. If you weren't saved then your conscience would be seared, this stuff wouldn't bother you. That it is bothering you is a sign that you are saved. We are all being sanctified by the Holy Spirit, it is a process, there will be progress. Don't give up. God Bless You :)
Thank you for your wise words, God bless you

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have been free from inappropriate contentography 100% for about 6 years. There are things online that I do struggle with, and those are just as dangerous as inappropriate contentography. First thing is to make it harder to stumble with purity online. On a phone we are buying kaspersky safe kids (15 dollars a year), and it secures your phone, but on computers too it's important to stay secure and you can do it all for free. I found a netflix movie that had nudity in it by accident and I found myself trying to find it again later, then I found out that you can change your netflix profiles, I changed my whole profile to pg13-14. Before it was set at adult profiles so I was getting rated R and MA movies, now it won't. Another thing I found was that using privacy search engines and alternative search engines could bypass google safe mode. Google safe mode takes bad video's out of the picture. I am not sure if you tube safety mode is same as google safe mode, but google it and find out. But you tube safety mode is acquired by signing into an account you don't know the password for (I have two gmail accounts, one is an old one I used to use, I post a long password I can't figure out and lock you tube safety mode on).

you get to you tube safety mode by logging into the account and selecting you tube settings, at the bottom you will see a safe mode button, select it on, then select "lock you tube safe mode"

then log out of this user, and login to your normal user, it should still be locked. (you tube allows you to login to more than one user at a time, to lock it you have to log out of other users first). Now if you have any cleaners or cookie deletion tools, make sure you do this before locking the you tube video. Eventually you will have to go to every cookie deletion program like advanced system care, or other free utility like ccleaner and you will have to make exceptions to all websites like google and youtube. It takes cookies for your browser to know that you want safe mode. Then the other thing I do is have a program called bluecoat k9 webprotection. This is my baseline inappropriate content filter. It keeps you from going to inappropriate contentography sites. it's free too. if you stumble on certain sites you select all the modified settings and it will block those sites. It can block too many sites, so I will put a screen shot of my sites.

purity 1.png

the other setting I use is the website exceptions, these are sites that bypass the above filter that may have an adult section to the or +18 section. Many times privacy search engines will let you watch bad video's on site and not even login to you tube, so I added these as well:
purity 2.png

the above parameters and setting and software have allowed me to be inappropriate contentography free for over 5 years. If I stumble across inappropriate contentography I program more parameters in. This should take care of the blunt of inappropriate contentography. I don't use my phone for inappropriate contentography, because I know if I do, I will have to toss my phone in the garbage never to use it again, which is the next step. So don't go there. I hope this helps you become pure online. And the next step is staying pure with your partner. Also there is a chrome addon, called "website blocker" This was a God send for my children, I was able to block words like "sex" "kissing" and other words like "bikini." After installing that on chrome and using a hard to guess password, I disabled internet explorer in windows 7, and you can do that in regedit I think, you just google it. That way you always secure your computer with secure browsers.

Last edited:
Reactions: JustRachel
Upvote 0

Jh24

A brother in Christ
Mar 8, 2019
Gold Coast
✟51,233.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have been free from inappropriate contentography 100% for about 6 years. There are things online that I do struggle with, and those are just as dangerous as inappropriate contentography. First thing is to make it harder to stumble with purity online. On a phone we are buying kaspersky safe kids (15 dollars a year), and it secures your phone, but on computers too it's important to stay secure and you can do it all for free. I found a netflix movie that had nudity in it by accident and I found myself trying to find it again later, then I found out that you can change your netflix profiles, I changed my whole profile to pg13-14. Before it was set at adult profiles so I was getting rated R and MA movies, now it won't. Another thing I found was that using privacy search engines and alternative search engines could bypass google safe mode. Google safe mode takes bad video's out of the picture. I am not sure if you tube safety mode is same as google safe mode, but google it and find out. But you tube safety mode is acquired by signing into an account you don't know the password for (I have two gmail accounts, one is an old one I used to use, I post a long password I can't figure out and lock you tube safety mode on).

you get to you tube safety mode by logging into the account and selecting you tube settings, at the bottom you will see a safe mode button, select it on, then select "lock you tube safe mode"

then log out of this user, and login to your normal user, it should still be locked. (you tube allows you to login to more than one user at a time, to lock it you have to log out of other users first). Now if you have any cleaners or cookie deletion tools, make sure you do this before locking the you tube video. Eventually you will have to go to every cookie deletion program like advanced system care, or other free utility like ccleaner and you will have to make exceptions to all websites like google and youtube. It takes cookies for your browser to know that you want safe mode. Then the other thing I do is have a program called bluecoat k9 webprotection. This is my baseline inappropriate content filter. It keeps you from going to inappropriate contentography sites. it's free too. if you stumble on certain sites you select all the modified settings and it will block those sites. It can block too many sites, so I will put a screen shot of my sites.

View attachment 257507
the other setting I use is the website exceptions, these are sites that bypass the above filter that may have an adult section to the or +18 section. Many times privacy search engines will let you watch bad video's on site and not even login to you tube, so I added these as well:
View attachment 257508
the above parameters and setting and software have allowed me to be inappropriate contentography free for over 5 years. If I stumble across inappropriate contentography I program more parameters in. This should take care of the blunt of inappropriate contentography. I don't use my phone for inappropriate contentography, because I know if I do, I will have to toss my phone in the garbage never to use it again, which is the next step. So don't go there. I hope this helps you become pure online. And the next step is staying pure with your partner. Also there is a chrome addon, called "website blocker" This was a God send for my children, I was able to block words like "sex" "kissing" and other words like "bikini." After installing that on chrome and using a hard to guess password, I disabled internet explorer in windows 7, and you can do that in regedit I think, you just google it. That way you always secure your computer with secure browsers.
Thank you for your advice :)

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As I get older I sin less but, my sin bothers me more.

I know for a fact that if a Born Again Christian gets hung up on p*** and or sexual misdeeds the Holy Spirit will beat the heck out of them eventually.

We will come to a point of repentance and for me at many times it's been very painful. We learn to try to avoid sin because the pain is just not worth it.

Remember he is our Father looking down on us and seeing everything we do.

That should humble a True Believer?

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Wongster

Dec 5, 2016
vancouver, canada
✟16,064.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Lust is a very powerful temptation that is hard to resist. Some days, you are free from the slightest thought, and other days, you are almost free until a random thought floods your mind for a few seconds and then you act on it...and your streak is over. It's frustrating..it seems pointless/hopeless to keep trying b/c it leads to failure...you know your scripture and bible verses to a decent degree yet it has no effect...and it all seems like an endless cycle.

1) Give yourself grace - Sin is bad. Sin is death. Sin is something that God hates...yet we are fallen people...how hard we try to break a sinful cycle, it doesn't break and even if we break it, we easily fall back into our sinful nature. It's something that we are all prone to...whether it's the single guy hiding in his parents' basement watching inappropriate content or the frugal person who tries to save every penny yet his focus is purely on saving money and nothing else. Every sin is equally bad (though society has other thoughts on that). Your lustful thoughts are as equally bad as being disrespectful to your parents or telling the smallest white lie.....and we all need to understand that we will fall and that's normal..it's ok.

2) God hates our sins...yet he still loves us - Do you ever have those moments where you sin or make a mistake and you can clearly see the consequences around the corner only for an exceptional circumstance to take place and you are free from such punishment? That is God seeing us sin in front of His face and yet He still chases and pursues after us, wanting us to be His and for us to follow him..even if we fail multiple times (similar imagery to the parable of the lost son). Knowing this is important - that God is Just but He is also Love...unconditional love (Romans 8:36-39)

3) Continually seeking God - for some people, it's reading the bible more, praying more, asking other Christians for advice more, doing devos twice a day, etc. For me, it's a bit of everything but most importantly, letting God to speak to you in unique ways in HIS time (aka that may mean you might be falling for sin many more times until you hear God stir your heart in a way you haven't felt before). Continue to ask God to change your heart and your habits..and He won't necessarily change your heart but He WILL provide opportunities for change and be watchful for these opportunities and precious moments when God wants to speak/encourage/affirm you.

4) Finding another person or group accountable would be quite encouraging and a good experience to see how God has moved other peoples' hearts away from lust and inappropriate contentography. I would highly encourage this as well.

5) Last but not least, if your faith and belief is sufficient in every other area, I wouldn't doubt your salvation as God sees our hearts. If a lost son is trying to find his way back to his father but has a lot of roadbumps along the way, will the father still try to run out to cheer him on and welcome him back home? ... I would hope so :)

Upvote 0