Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
I debated about posting this but I'm just curious,.. am I the only Christian on here who believes that through the sacrifice of Christ unbelievers can still be saved after they're judged? Or are there others on here as well? (Please don't try and get me to change my views because it isn't going to work and that's not what this thread is about.)

• Agree
Reactions: Yarddog

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,676.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I debated about posting this but I'm just curious,.. am I the only Christian on here who believes that through the sacrifice of Christ unbelievers can still be saved after they're judged? Or are there others on here as well? (Please don't try and get me to change my views because it isn't going to work and that's not what this thread is about.)
What exactly do you mean Rose they can be saved after they're judged?

• Winner
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The final judgment is final. There is no turning back for another judgment. If you are standing before Jesus you are dead, you don't return to life and that would be the only place for a second judgment if you were able to return to life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟784,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
A part of me hopes it. God only knows the real answer.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
am I the only Christian on here who believes that through the sacrifice of Christ unbelievers can still be saved after they're judged? Or are there others on here as well?
No, you are not the only one. That view is called Universalism. It is not an orthodox position.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jesus preached to the spirits in prison. That means they can be saved too, after they pay the last cent for their sins.
Jesus paid the price for the sins of the saints. No one could ever hope to pay it on their own.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, you are not the only one. That view is called Universalism. It is not an orthodox position.
"...so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many [not all]. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation." Hebrews 9:28 NKJV

• Winner
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

Confused-by-christianity

May 6, 2020
No location
✟116,531.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"...so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many [not all]. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation." Hebrews 9:28 NKJV
Won't someone just quote another part of the bible in response? Somewhere where it says everyone. Then you two could argue it back and forth using all your acquired knowledge of interpretation, original language, commentaries & philosophy etc etc???

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married

Then why have a judgment at all? You've just killed its purpose.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your belief is called " Universalism " so it has members who are like minded. They believe everyone will be reconciled on judgment day regardless of their actions while in the flesh. Unfortunately this is contrary to scripture. Be blessed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Friedrich Rubinstein

Aug 20, 2020
Europe
Visit site
✟174,126.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I always believed God wanted everyone to come to Him in the end.

That's why I believe, in the end, He will get what He wants.

I'm afraid it's not that easy.
2 Thess 2:11 says "For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness".

And Paul says in Romans 9:21ff
"Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use? What if God, although choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath—prepared for destruction? What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory?"

• Winner
Reactions: Freth
Upvote 0

Jord Simcha

Nov 30, 2019
Groningen
✟60,922.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
2 Thess 2:11 says "For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness".

"Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use? What if God, although choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath—prepared for destruction? What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory?"
How do you interpet God be(com)ing "all in all"? 1 Corinthians 15:28

What to you is "restitution of all things"? Acts 3:21

• Winner
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Won't someone just quote another part of the bible in response? Somewhere where it says everyone. Then you two could argue it back and forth using all your acquired knowledge of interpretation, original language, commentaries & philosophy etc etc???
That is likely, but suggesting that someone else might isn't the same thing as, you know, an ACTUAL rebuttal...
full

Upvote 0

Confused-by-christianity

May 6, 2020
No location
✟116,531.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I probably shouldn't do much with verses like that seperated from the rest of the document.

The reason for this is that it's really hard to know the history of the letter, whats being address, by whom and to whom etc etc.

If I don't take the full story into account - who knows what I'll end up thinking.

Upvote 0

Confused-by-christianity

May 6, 2020
No location
✟116,531.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That is likely, but suggesting that someone else might isn't the same thing as, you know, an ACTUAL rebuttal...
full
Sometimes I just can't be bothered.
I'll cut and paste something...
I probably shouldn't do much with verses like that seperated from the rest of the document.

The reason for this is that it's really hard to know the history of the letter, whats being address, by whom and to whom etc etc.

If I don't take the full story into account - who knows what I'll end up thinking.

Upvote 0