• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Am I telepathic?

Mason William

Mar 22, 2020
Bend, Or
✟17,360.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So my voices try to convince me day and night that they are real people and that I'm telepathic. I need to know for sure if they are right or not, I need to know what's really happening so I know what to do about it. If it's really schizophrenia then I think I need to try a new medication because mines not working. But if it's really telepathy what can I do about it? The only other explanation is that the voices are demonic and that I need to get delivered. Have any of you heard of me? The telepathic guy from Bend, Oregon named Mason who thinks he's schizophrenic... because my voices tell me I'm famous for this mess I've created. Thanks in advance for your responses.

• Friendly
Reactions: Unqualified

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So my voices try to convince me day and night that they are real people and that I'm telepathic. I need to know for sure if they are right or not, I need to know what's really happening so I know what to do about it. If it's really schizophrenia then I think I need to try a new medication because mines not working. But if it's really telepathy what can I do about it? The only other explanation is that the voices are demonic and that I need to get delivered. Have any of you heard of me? The telepathic guy from Bend, Oregon named Mason who thinks he's schizophrenic... because my voices tell me I'm famous for this mess I've created. Thanks in advance for your responses.

Sorry telepathy does not exist.
The voices are all in your head.

Please, please see your doctor for help and keep on taking your medication.

Reactions: anx66
Upvote 0

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,571.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

While you're taking your meds, keep fasting & praying for deliverance. God can break this dark yoke. You can come out of this even though it might be a process.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No you are not famous for this and you are not telepathic. It sounds like you have active voices that are demonic in nature and your schizophrenia has taken down the wall so you can hear them. I think we all have demonic voices talking to us but those of us who are not schizophrenic have barriers in place so we cannot hear them. Medication can make your walls go back up so you wont hear them either.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟417,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Those voices are from your flesh. It can not please God. They are a part of you. But I have it too. It lies and tempts and weakens you and me. But ours is more pronounced than most people. I fight mine by not believing it and shutting the door. Mine goes on and on too, but don’t be controlled or ruled by yours. It’s an everyday fight and we all have something to fight. Get started and get creative and keep at it. You will get breathing room and feeling better. Pray for God to give you something to close the door.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I am sorry but you are not famous for this and they are liars. You might want to get baptized. Their reaction to you getting baptized will tell you if they are good or evil. I think schizophrenia blurs the walls of reality and the spirit world and that some with the disorder can hear demons. It would be ignorant to think that people cannot hear them because we know they are here. If one was sitting here talking to me however I cannot hear it but someone with their walls blurred might be able to. Science tells you its all in your head but I don't think we know enough about the spirit world to say that. Pray for answers, tell the voices to leave and that they are not welcome and change your meds. Stay strong and love Jesus.

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Have you submit yourself to God and resist the demonic voices?
Don’t rely on your strength, rely on God’s strength; He can help you subdue your iniquities.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Those voices are from your flesh. It can not please God. They are a part of you. But I have it too. It lies and tempts and weakens you and me. But ours is more pronounced than most people. I fight mine by not believing it and shutting the door. Mine goes on and on too, but don’t be controlled or ruled by yours. It’s an everyday fight and we all have something to fight. Get started and get creative and keep at it. You will get breathing room and feeling better. Pray for God to give you something to close the door.
Your voices don't ever startle you or seem to have a mind of their own, presenting things that are not your true feelings?

• Agree
Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Your voices don't ever startle you or seem to have a mind of their own, presenting things that are not your true feelings?
Ok so if they do, then why do you think its coming from within your head? You do not believe in things that are Supernatural? We know people can be afflicted. Jesus wasn' t casting fake things out of people. The Bible is very clear that He healed the sick, and cast out demons- meaning they are 2 different things. Jesus could tell if someone was sick of mind or demon possessed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jisaiah6113

Oct 17, 2018
Arlington
✟16,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
First of all, ignore the comments about being demon possessed. While it could be the case, most mental problems like the ones you describe are precisely that: mental.

I am familiar with delusions. While my psychiatrist totally denies that he's ever seen anything in me that would indicate to him that I am psychotic, I know I perceive things differently than most people do, and it leads to problems. I think I expect more from people than they are willing to give, and when I find they are empty, it hurts. I have completely lost my faith in the human species. My only trust is in God. But maybe God brought me to that point so that I could realize that all my hope should be in Him and not man. And even though I have lost all faith in the human species, I still find it valuable to help others. God helped me, and I should be willing to help others.

I would advise you that telepathy is probably not real. I have a similar delusion, which is that other people can see me on the street, even if they are strangers (of course) and know exactly what is going on inside of me. Like, they know what I'm thinking, they know how self-conscious I am, they know that I know I'm a loser and that they're above me, etc. The reality which I have to consistently remind myself of is that 1) people CANNOT see inside of you, even when they are talking with you face to face. They CANNOT know what is going on inside of you. That would require telepathy and that's probably not real. We can intuit what might be going on inside someone, based on their facial expression and tone of voice, but we cannot know for certain. 2) Most people on the street do not care enough about you to observe your behavior (such as the way you walk and your posture) enough to actually stop and think about it, analyze it, and judge you in a lasting way. Most people are just waiting for the light to turn green as you're crossing the pedestrian lane in front of their car. Even if they do judge you, they will forget you within seconds after you pass out of view. Most people are concerned with their own lives, and their own lives only. They do not have the mental stamina to judge you on top of everything else they have to worry about.

I say all of that to say that this thing is living in your head. You have no proof that telepathy is real. You should reality test what you're feeling and try to put it on trial. Is there evidence that what you're feeling is real? If so, how can you prove it? Do others agree? Or is it something that just goes on in your head?

• Agree
Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
First of all, ignore the comments about being demon possessed. While it could be the case, most mental problems like the ones you describe are precisely that: mental.

I am familiar with delusions. While my psychiatrist totally denies that he's ever seen anything in me that would indicate to him that I am psychotic, I know I perceive things differently than most people do, and it leads to problems. I think I expect more from people than they are willing to give, and when I find they are empty, it hurts. I have completely lost my faith in the human species. My only trust is in God. But maybe God brought me to that point so that I could realize that all my hope should be in Him and not man. And even though I have lost all faith in the human species, I still find it valuable to help others. God helped me, and I should be willing to help others.

I would advise you that telepathy is probably not real. I have a similar delusion, which is that other people can see me on the street, even if they are strangers (of course) and know exactly what is going on inside of me. Like, they know what I'm thinking, they know how self-conscious I am, they know that I know I'm a loser and that they're above me, etc. The reality which I have to consistently remind myself of is that 1) people CANNOT see inside of you, even when they are talking with you face to face. They CANNOT know what is going on inside of you. That would require telepathy and that's probably not real. We can intuit what might be going on inside someone, based on their facial expression and tone of voice, but we cannot know for certain. 2) Most people on the street do not care enough about you to observe your behavior (such as the way you walk and your posture) enough to actually stop and think about it, analyze it, and judge you in a lasting way. Most people are just waiting for the light to turn green as you're crossing the pedestrian lane in front of their car. Even if they do judge you, they will forget you within seconds after you pass out of view. Most people are concerned with their own lives, and their own lives only. They do not have the mental stamina to judge you on top of everything else they have to worry about.

I say all of that to say that this thing is living in your head. You have no proof that telepathy is real. You should reality test what you're feeling and try to put it on trial. Is there evidence that what you're feeling is real? If so, how can you prove it? Do others agree? Or is it something that just goes on in your head?
Ignore the demonic comments? Why did demons go away? Why is it when science came along everyone assumed demons are not real?

Upvote 0

Dave Darling

Jan 10, 2016
Harrisburg, PA
✟117,141.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

I started hearing voices in the first week of my freshman year in college, the voices had me convinced that I had psychic powers and the voices were other people on campus talking to me. I gave my life to Christ in 2003 and I started reading the bible and came to realize that psychic powers were not legit and not real, so I stopped believing in them and God set me free from this belief in this manner.

• Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟951,505.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's important to seek medical care in situations like this. You can wrongly believe the voices are demonic and that may not be the source. Demonic oppression is different from psychological maladies and the intrusions don't cease or limit themselves to the mind. They'll afflict your flesh and rouse you from sleep as well.

Ruling out mental conditions is a must. In most instances there's psychological and emotional trauma causing it. That doesn't set aside demonic experiences but they're usually the result of behaviors or exposure to things outside of God's parameters. Like the occult. It opens the door for vexations.

If you're dealing with a demon it often goes beyond voices. Their goal is ownership and they frequently try to show themselves. You'll have supernatural activity in your environment. Things moving, lights turning on, cold spots, and putrid odors. You'll feel them inside you. Especially in the head and eyes. It feels foreign and malevolent. And they give you visions too.

Listen to the bible. It's soothing and calms the spirit. You can find it on YouTube and put it on before you go to bed. It ministers while you sleep.

Upvote 0