Not Saying
✟20,412.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I pray to Jesus daily. Or I think I do anyways.

I pray a lot most days. But I'm scared that I'm praising the wrong Lord. How can I know what Jesus really sounds like? How will I know what it sounds like?

I don't want to go to Hell because I was praising the wrong God. I really don't. I don't.

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,479.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
There are many other Jesus' indeed. You want Jesus son of the living God of Abraham. But to study His word you run into Him with prayer and meditation. In this way you come to know the voice of God. You have to be careful of being stranded because you start hearing other voices besides that of the Lord, seeing other signs or wonders mimicking.

How does the guy in the video know He is hearing from the real Jesus ? He needs a compass, a gauge, a truth detector. And that's the word of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

boxman144

Mar 7, 2020
Not Saying
✟20,412.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are many other Jesus' indeed. You want Jesus son of the living God of Abraham. But to study His word you run into Him with prayer and meditation. In this way you come to know the voice of God. You have to be careful of being stranded because you start hearing other voices besides that of the Lord, seeing other signs or wonders mimicking.

How does the guy in the video know He is hearing from the real Jesus ?

I was just reading Matthew from when Jesus was eating bread(his body) with His disciples, up until Jesus resurrected.

Upvote 0

boxman144

Mar 7, 2020
Not Saying
✟20,412.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just don't want to go to Hell. Or anyone to go to Hell for that matter. I want Hell to be empty, but sadly that's not the case.

It's terrifying knowing that people that lived hundreds of years ago are still burning to this very day. Forever.

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

UVSATURATED2020

May 4, 2020
The Kingdom Of Heaven
✟8,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have prayed before, but maybe I'm not praying right.
There is no right way to pray because all men are lost brother. That's why Jesus came to save us, even when we did not know how to pray. For many years, I thought I believed in Jesus, but did not pray or practice things, just because I thought they were foolish. I give great credit to you that you do pray, for many people (a majority) do not pray to the one true eternal God. False gods cannot hear you anyway.

Know that the Lord and God our father hears your prayers. Prayers are also answered.

Reactions: Ronit
Upvote 0

boxman144

Mar 7, 2020
Not Saying
✟20,412.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is no right way to pray because all men are lost brother. That's why Jesus came to save us, even when we did not know how to pray. For many years, I thought I believed in Jesus, but did not pray or practice things, just because I thought they were foolish. I give great credit to you that you do pray, for many people (a majority) do not pray to the one true eternal God. False gods cannot hear you anyway.

Know that the Lord and God our father hears your prayers. Prayers are also answered.

But how do I know that it is Him that I am hearing? How do I know that I'm not being led astray?

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How can I know what Jesus really sounds like? How will I know what it sounds like?

You do not need to know what Jesus sounds like.

When Jesus does summons you, his authority will bring you to him, not your recognition of his voice.

As to following the wrong Jesus.
Stop watching those videos.
Pay attention to the Bible and the teaching you get every week at your church.

Apply a simple check. Does the person you are listening to say what is already found in the Bible.
Apply it to your self and talk to your minister about your conclusions.

Upvote 0

boxman144

Mar 7, 2020
Not Saying
✟20,412.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You do not need to know what Jesus sounds like.

When Jesus does summons you, his authority will bring you to him, not your recognition of his voice.

As to following the wrong Jesus.
Stop watching those videos.
Pay attention to the Bible and the teaching you get every week at your church.

Apply a simple check. Does the person you are listening to say what is already found in the Bible.
Apply it to your self and talk to your minister about your conclusions.

I understand. I should reach out to a minister.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,479.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Nothing. I was just saying.
Consider making a study out of what you read. Meditate on those words in that chapter, pray about it. If your bible is a reference bible ( recommended) then read the cross references that are shown there, see what those verses say to you and see where their cross references go. In this way expand your knowledge.

Another highly recommended read for you I think would be Proverbs 3 and 4. Give them a read and see if they speak to you. Pray first that God show you something. It's about instruction, it's about finding understanding, the source of course is God. If you want wisdom He says to ask for it !!! Also don't skip the book of James, it's a little book but very powerful. God will meet you in this if you go about it seriously. Lately Psalm 32, 33 and 91 have been strongly on my heart and 23 is always on my heart. The voice of God can be very clear from within scripture, He just reaches out.

Many a person has met up with God in the Psalms too.

Upvote 0

boxman144

Mar 7, 2020
Not Saying
✟20,412.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Consider making a study out of what you read. Meditate on those words in that chapter, pray about it. If your bible is a reference bible ( recommended) then read the cross references that are shown there, see what those verses say to you and see where their cross references go. In this way expand your knowledge.

Another highly recommended read for you I think would be Proverbs 3 and 4. Give them a read and see if they speak to you. Pray first that God show you something. It's about instruction, it's about finding understanding, the source of course is God. If you want wisdom He says to ask for it !!! Also don't skip the book of James, it's a little book but very powerful. God will meet you in this if you go about it seriously. Lately Psalm 32, 33 and 91 have been strongly on my heart and 23 is always on my heart. The voice of God can be very clear from within scripture, He just reaches out.

Many a person has met up with God in the Psalms too.

I was just really thinking about when Jesus was crucified.

What was He feeling? Why was He asking God why he forsook Him? He knew why He was there.

I will ask for more understanding.

• Winner
Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,479.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I was just really thinking about when Jesus was crucified.

What was He feeling? Why was He asking God why he forsook Him? He knew why He was there.

I will ask for more understanding.
Seriously, read those two proverbs. Don't make the mistake of thinking Jesus is not present in the old testament. Our God is a trinity. Jesus was there before the foundation of the world !!

Jesus took all the burden and full ramification of all the sins of every man woman and child who lived or ever would live on the earth at the cross. Something unbearable to man. He cried to the Father then gave up His spirit. It brings tears to my eyes because He did that for me too. It's unbelievable, I'm so unworthy of such a sacrifice but He loves me enough and you too to have done that willingly. Amazing God !!

• Winner
Reactions: Hopeful37
Upvote 0

Leet

Feb 24, 2015
✟77,484.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Maybe you feel driven to watch those videos because you associate seeking God with fear. But that ain't what he wants; he wants to give you comfort and peace, not for you to keep recreating the ole fearful scenarios in your mind. He is love and he loves you so much. The best thing would be to fill your ears with worship music and your mind with the bible, written or audio.

Upvote 0

WDSobieski

Remember you're still loved!
Mar 25, 2020
Hessen
✟26,485.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Don't get too addicted to Youtube as it's often a place for fringe or even extremist ideas. Also often the people behind are often conspiracists/ crazy folks/ amateurs with very little theological training. I'd advice better find somebody at your church or read the Bible with aid of reputable online resources.

Same for the news intake in times of Covid 19, I'd go for some well-established outlets like the Associated Press, Tagesschau and BBC... (or John Hopkins University and Robert Koch Institut) Youtube is often no reliable source of news since there're too many fearmongers and pseudoscience inside. Youtube fake news and some extreme "Christians" are just manipulating us with fear with very little evidence or solid knowledge.

• Winner
Reactions: Ronit
Upvote 0