Am I pretty much screwed (another lame advice thread)

BlackSabbath

Dec 31, 2017
Kelowna
✟17,849.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well, is it actually common not to be succesful in your 20s? I'm getting closer to my 30s and I've had to almost claw my way out of poverty and I am still not very succesful. There's so much inequality in the world now, espdcially in Canada now, I am kind of an orphan and I had to teach myself everything. I have scars all over and been banged up going through this guantlet trying to figure things out, it was nigh impossible. The thing is, not many people respect me I think beczuse of my social standing and background. I have a lot of resentment and anger about to pretend like I'm okay or like I've been comfortably middle class. But then I've been strugling a lot to the point it makes me kind of depressed, I honestly cannot really handle how things now. I thinkmI am dejected in the "adult" world for not acting appropriately,or conforming enough and my sense of self is almost denied. I almost feel seriously compelled to move to America because I love how individualistc Americans even though it has so many problems, but Canada is catching up...

I have learned how business, economics, works, politics. I am like a virtuso on the guitar and I am good at, drawing and writing. I have spent years, hours on end doing mainly this but often, I have difficulty connecting to others, I think because there is not very much individuality here?

I really struggling with "acting" too much, I find it unbearable...

• Friendly
Reactions: vinsight4u

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Well, is it actually common not to be succesful in your 20s? I'm getting closer to my 30s and I've had to almost claw my way out of poverty and I am still not very succesful. There's so much inequality in the world now, espdcially in Canada now, I am kind of an orphan and I had to teach myself everything. I have scars all over and been banged up going through this guantlet trying to figure things out, it was nigh impossible. The thing is, not many people respect me I think beczuse of my social standing and background. I have a lot of resentment and anger about to pretend like I'm okay or like I've been comfortably middle class. But then I've been strugling a lot to the point it makes me kind of depressed, I honestly cannot really handle how things now. I thinkmI am dejected in the "adult" world for not acting appropriately,or conforming enough and my sense of self is almost denied. I almost feel seriously compelled to move to America because I love how individualistc Americans even though it has so many problems, but Canada is catching up...

I have learned how business, economics, works, politics. I am like a virtuso on the guitar and I am good at, drawing and writing. I have spent years, hours on end doing mainly this but often, I have difficulty connecting to others, I think because there is not very much individuality here?

I started tasting success in my late 30's and early 40's..lol. God's got you covered son. God bless :).

Reactions: BlackSabbath
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have spent years, hours on end doing mainly this but often, I have difficulty connecting to others,

I don't know your circumstanes but maybe you should spendmore time concentrating on working for your employer and on making contacts with the people in your church.

Those who make it big do have a breack, but they are also prepared to spot and use that opertunity.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Well, is it actually common not to be succesful in your 20s?

Not only is it common, but it's usual!

Many people do not 'come into their own' until mid-life, so the most important thing for people in their 20s and 30s may be to have some game plan, to know what you're good at, and be working towards it.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Not remaining true to yourself is always a bad decision.
If you pretend to be someone, you will only attract pretenders.
As for not being successful in your twenties, it doesn’t mean anything. If you judge yourself off other people who were born with silver spoons in their mouth and have been given the opportunities to become successful at that age, then you have a problem. Never do that, it only leads to jealousy, fits of rage, depression etc.

I went from nothing, to having anything I wanted. I became self employed during the boom in Ireland and had, my own home, fast cars, exotic holidays, fine wine and dining. I had everything I desired. I lost it all in my thirties and haven’t been sorry ever since. Two points I want to give you advise on,
1 losing everything in my thirties kind of sucked but I met Jesus and realised it’s all worthless anyway. The less I have, the more happier I became.
2 if I knew what I know now in my late 30s about how I could have spent my twenties, things would be a lot different and I wouldn’t have been so foolish with my self gained wealth.

I hope you can realise that although in your twenties and you have clawed out of poverty in a sense, don’t take that as a struggle. If anything, if you do acquire some wealth in your later years, your early life would have taught you that how and what you spend in life is important and not something to squander.
Trust me, if you gained wealth in your young years, your life could very well turn out for the worst.
Be happy with what you have in the circumstances you are in. Don’t worry about your future or the past. And ever judge yourself off others, this is your life and your walk. Yes I’m sure there are lots of things and lifestyles out there that you wish you had, but if you humble yourself, you will realise that there are also people out there wishing they had your shoes. Think about that should make you realise exactly how blessed you really are.
Living life in this state is what success is and how it’s measured. Having money and living according to it doesn’t mean your successful, it means your bank is rich but your life is poor.
I hope this helps and if you think I’m mad, that’s ok too lol.
Knowing God and using my life expieriances have taught me very well. Sometimes the only way we learn in life is to go through whatever storms God thinks are best for us. Just remember, never worry, your Gods child and that’s a pretty successful thing to be.

Upvote 0

BlackSabbath

Dec 31, 2017
Kelowna
✟17,849.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well, it’s really annoying but I haven’t gone to post secondary yet and I’ve never been that career focused and I find it hard to find anybody I have anything in common with. I can’t seem to connect or talk to the majority of people around me.I read a lot and generally it’s all in naught. Most questions seem direct and really external focused like you’re supposed to spend all your time consuming and people just end up thinking I am really infantile or weird. I
Spend a lot of time thinking and I fon’t Know how to simplify or find common ground. It’s really frustrating with the opposite sex but as far as the “provider” but I could at least qualify for above median income pay. I just don’t know how to connect to anyone! There’s like no place for being a self directed person and I just don’t exist as a person, I have been like disenfranchised or something especially because of my struggles and background. I was reading Adam Smith to try and understand capitalism a bit more, the outsiders, the Bible. I listen and play music a lot but omfg I can’t relate to anyone. You can’t even say or talk about anything individualistic at all. Oh,I was also reading Kierkegaard. It’s like every aspect of your personhood is judged by the economic schism of capitalism. I from a really poor dysfunctional family, my dad died when I was 19,it’s just so frustrating. It’s just how I don’t fit perfectly in the mold which often directly related to I.e how well I make money and fit into this economic monetary system. Everything that makes me who I am is just some sad inability to adhere rigidly to the stations who and be a worker drone.Also everyone seems like they have ADHD.i guess it’s just been a complete and utter decline culturally or whatever.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BlackSabbath

Dec 31, 2017
Kelowna
✟17,849.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Not only is it common, but it's usual!

Many people do not 'come into their own' until mid-life, so the most important thing for people in their 20s and 30s may be to have some game plan, to know what you're good at, and be working towards it.
Well most 20 and early 30 year olds seem to act as if they do the entire time or spend most of their time drinking and acting as if their lives are televised dramas and doing completely random things, ugh. I can play music fairly well at least especially the guitar but then I feel like to a degree it is in naught in
Many places as well because it doesn’t fit within the confines of the thought police or what the that is supposed to be. I am about a virtuoso on the guitar but it just seems like another weird hobby or interest I have that doesn’t make sense to people. I
Like music about complex topics but it just adds to the whiny weird emo guy everyone thinks is a laughing stock.

Upvote 0

BlackSabbath

Dec 31, 2017
Kelowna
✟17,849.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
hi BlackSabbath reading your post "War Pigs" came to mind ...
Why? I know all about that stuff but besides most people going around saying what they are against but then simply being politically correct thought police trying to silence everyone or force them into their collectivist nightmare. I almost want to jump the border at this point and go to the U.S because it’s gettong really weird here. It’s pretty much imposdible to make it without family now but my family won’t help me, they’ll hardly let me live anywhere. No one will have anything to do with me. It’s just warped. I have to upgrade and go back to school but they won’t let me live anywhere hardly to do this. I don’t know what I’m supposed to do. They want to control everything but I can’t fit into their niche or boxes, so either way my life is screwed. All anyone e cares about in Canada is their hollow empty materialistic lives. I’ve had a really hard time and yet I am just a walking batch of credentials...I get discriminated against all the time. It’s just imposdible almost. There is this expectation to be perfect. You can be over qualified, so you have to have the right degree right out of high school you have to be the right way, there’s like no personal freedoms anymore, there’s all these people on the street. [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse].

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BlackSabbath

Dec 31, 2017
Kelowna
✟17,849.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Everyone is just like “go get a job, work just work” but it’s not that simple at all. Nothing I do hardly makes a difference. I used to have all these emotional issues because of my family and how I was raised and now it’s just relegated to my fault as so guess I am inherently defective weak and flawed. I,be tried do many times finding work and it doesn’t make a difference and then people get mad at me because I think they hate people like me. I am not good at being super strict and obedient. You Have to completely conform to you have like no say in your own life and it’s so politically correct you can’t have any opinions hardly. It’s actually practical normal and okay to live on the street even if you don’t have and carry on with a normal life? Living outside is just rough living or roughing it? The new living in a shack. Someone even told me to live out in the country in a horse manger. I’m intelligent and not lazy what is everyone’s problem

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mozo41

Jun 6, 2017
london
✟50,927.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

because this is a reality "Generals gathered in their masses
Just like witches at black masses. Evil minds that plot destruction
Sorcerers of death's construction "

the bankers control everything using mind control, but for those who are not so easily fooled things generally do not fair well for them in this world ....

Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Man's idea of success doesn't line up with what scripture teaches.
Success begins it's unfolding when you are awakened to your lost condition
and you repent & commit to yourself to Christ who is Lord and Savior.

Verses for you:John 1:12-13, John 16:33, Proverbs 3:5-6, Chapter 4 of Philippians

Upvote 0

BlackSabbath

Dec 31, 2017
Kelowna
✟17,849.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Sorry I guess I just lost control of myself emotionally I just can't handle it anymore.
I did not do well in school at all, my parents were very dysfunctional. I see people with post secondary in their early 20s, I habe not gone because I had no idea what to do, it's frustrating.

I did not want to be a wage or debt slave, and then I couls not connect to anyone. I had to over my depression anxiety on my own, I felt confused by the world's standards and conventional wisdom. No matter what I did I was never acceptable enough.

Where I live in Canada now it's hardly acceptable to just be working class anymore, you have to go to post secondary right away but it was not in the cards for me. I pushed myself so hard but have not gotten anywhere and now I am just like a washed up loser to everyone

I feel so full of rage because I hate this world so much. Everyone treats me like [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse].

Even now, I just feel so annoyed and I cannot believe how shallow most people are.

Upvote 0