Sep 20, 2009
Alberta
Visit site
✟8,381.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What you've said is bang-on. Some thoughts: too many Christians indeed liken God to their experiences with people when instead He often acts and reacts the exact opposite to humans; He doesn't get mad in the same way that people do when we don't please them. Also, by thinking that there's something we need to do to please God, we're in essence saying that Christ's sacrifice wasn't enough, yet all of our self-generated righteousness is nothing more than "filthy rags" in his eyes (Isaiah 64:6). God may not be pleased with everything we do, but that doesn't mean He doesn't love us - just like parents when a kid does something wrong. He loves us because of Christ's sacrifice, not by anything we have or haven't done!

For some reason, another passage comes to mind. This is when Paul was preaching in the synagogue in Antioch:

"Therefore let it be known to you, brethren, that through this Man [Jesus] is preached to you the forgiveness of sins; and by Him everyone who believes is justified from all things from which you could not be justified by the law of Moses." (Acts 13:38-39, NKJV, emphasis mine)

Not sure why I think this passage is pertinent to what you shared, but I'll share it anyhow!

Upvote 0