New Orleans
✟22,222.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
when I was younger, I was following the lusts of my flesh and would try to show off ( I would wear immodest clothes) and attract woman, and I’m sure a lot of them were married. My question is will I be allowed to marry a woman in the future? I never had an affair with a woman and I have never been in a relationship, but the Bible talks about how if we cheat on our spouses we are not to marry again if the spouse choooses to go another direction. I realize I don’t and never have had a spouse but I feel terrible for trying to attract married woman. I never talked, never had a relationship or got to know any of these woman, thankfully.

Your Advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you

• Prayers
Reactions: com7fy8

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Of course you are. The debate on divorce and remarriage will not be ended any time soon; but since you NEVER were married, that is not an issue for you at all.

Many people have committed multiple acts of indiscretion, fornication and adultery even; but repented, straightened their lives up and had great marriages in the Lord.

And since you never actually had sex with any of those women, you will have an easier time walking free from that stuff than some other guy that may have bedded a dozen or more of them.

Upvote 0

Andrew77

The walking accident
Site Supporter
Feb 11, 2018
Ohio
✟138,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
when I was younger, I was following the lusts of my flesh and would try to show off ( I would wear immodest clothes) and attract woman, and I’m sure a lot of them were married. My question is will I be allowed to marry a woman in the future? I never had an affair with a woman and I have never been in a relationship, but the Bible talks about how if we cheat on our spouses we are not to marry again if the spouse choooses to go another direction. I realize I don’t and never have had a spouse but I feel terrible for trying to attract married woman. I never talked, never had a relationship or got to know any of these woman, thankfully.

This is really between you and G-d, not you and these other women. Married women are attracted to attractive men, whether those men are actively trying to attract them or not.

And I don't see anything wrong with just 'attraction'. If they sinned in their thoughts or actions, that is between them and G-d, not you.

You only need to repent for the action you have taken.

So you deal with you.

As for being able to marry, of course you are. If acting stupid in the past meant we were never able to be married, half the world would be single for life.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Absolutely.

I've never been married, but slept around a few times in my younger days, and have wondered if because I had done so, would I be committing adultery if I married? I concluded no, but my point is, we can't start making things up like that.

God would have said so if it were sin. Also, if we repent and stop the sin which you did, it is as if we never did the sin to God, and besides, we sin enough as it is, why make more up, or make them worse than they are? :)

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I never talked, never had a relationship or got to know any of these woman, thankfully.
If you have trusted in Jesus and become adopted to be a child of God, you are a new person. Your past is behind you, forgiven. What I think can help, though, is you get wise to any ways and tendencies which could have you trying to use appearance and charm to attract a lady. Instead, grow in Jesus so you can attract a Christian lady.

"rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God." (1 Peter 3:4)

And possibly you will discover a kind lady who in her past was involved in adultery. You need to be ready to forgive her, plus be able to make sure with God about if He wants you with her. You don't need to marry her in order to prove you forgive her, but make sure with God about what He wants, please, and be blessed :)

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

God will allow you to marry. To make yourself ready for it seek God, as the bible says "seek first the kingdom of God and all these other things will be added to you". Prayer and seeking God, make us internally stronger, and a Christian married man I can not over stress the need for prayer when you are married. Remaining true to God's word, and praying, along with trying to meet my wife's needs, are the only things that kept my marriage working.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,548.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

If you've never been married, you are very clearly free to marry. She must be a Christian (1 Corinthians 7:39), and she must not be married to anyone else (Matthew 5:32).

Confess your sins to Christ if you have not, renounce them, and never return to them. And become a better man yourself.

Upvote 0