United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Am I My Brother's Keeper?

Today, as never before, the whole world is preparing for war, and as never before, Christians are united behind the effort to kill their fellow man. The blood of endless wars cry out from the ground yet the only response from today's Christians is “Am I my brother’s keeper?”

Where are the peace-loving brethren, who will stand up to Christian leaders who promote war and aggression, yet claim to know Christ as their Savior and Lamb? I will not lend the least blessing to this insane wholesale approval of the butchery of men; I refuse!

War is the greatest form of human violence done to a fellow human being. We must, for conscience sake, teach all under our care and influence to hold it in the severest disgust. We must write against it, preach against it, talk against it, pray against it, and bear our testimony against it through life and in death. No demands, no threats, or tortures will turn me away from this resolve. They can make us martyrs for our faith, but never apostates or traitors! They can seize our property, bind us with chains, and drag us to prison or the noose. We will offer our necks and bare our breast to their rifles, but never will we tarnish our consciences and sacrifice our souls by adding to the work of hostility, murder, and destruction.

Such a stand, taken by the Peace Church, is unheard of today but it would, no doubt, rapidly remove the disgrace that the Church bears. Our resolve must be made known in the face of a failed and violent Christian witness who will likely demand our demise and silence as it did in days gone by.
98327d1b-1070-4abf-98d0-e67ba1722ee5.jpg

When will the Peace Churches stand up and demand a hearing? If the time is not now then when is the time? The silent in the land needs to be silent no longer, they need to become the voice of the truth they profess.

public hermit

social troglodyte
Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟830,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This thread is right on time. I'm in the middle of reading Tolstoy's The Kingdom of God Is within You. He has a (fairly) compelling argument that organized Christianity has done everything in its power to abrogate the radical morality of the Sermon on the Mount, particularly the command to "turn the other cheek." Based on Jesus's teaching, shouldn't Christians be non-violent, if not pacifists? Good question.

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟181,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Why does a peaceful nation bluster and threaten for a few months, and even commence fighting, when in a short time it sighs for peace, and illuminates its streets as soon as peace is proclaimed? The immediate causes differ, but the abiding reason is the same — man is fallen, and belongs to a race of which infallible revelation declares “their feet are swift to shed blood; destruction and misery are in their ways, and the way of peace they have not known.” --C.H. Spurgeon

Upvote 0