Oregon
✟958,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
"Whomever speaks a word against the Son of Man (Jesus, the man) but whomever blasphemes the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven him."

This means people can say all kinds of things about Jesus, but he that labels God's Holy Spirit as evil, and refuses (rejects) the Holy Spirit in their lives, will be condemned.

God Bless!

Upvote 0

JLR1300

Dec 16, 2012
Oklahoma
✟8,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The unforgivable sin is not being a blasphemer or follower of false religions. It is becoming a Christian, renouncing Christ, and going back to being a blasphemer or follower of false religions.

And not just once in a fit of anger or doubt, but a deliberate action to renounce and commit to something else.

I would say that it is becoming a Christian OUTWARDLY then later renouncing Christ and going back to being a public blasphemer or follower of false religions.

An example of this might be a kid who is raised in a Christian home and gets baptized and joins the church and knows a lot of theology and thus is enlightened and such. He is a Christian outwardly and yet doesn't really trust in Christ for salvation inwardly and so is not truly saved. So later on He leaves the Christian faith and publicly denounces Jesus Christ as being false and of the Devil. That might be the unpardonable sin.

However, I still think that even that does not rise to the level of what the persons did who Jesus said were guilty of that sin. Jesus was speaking of Pharisees who literally saw Him do miracles by the power of the Holy Spirit and STILL publically denounced Him as being of the devil. I don't know of anyone nowadays who has literally seen Jesus in the flesh perform miracles by the Holy Spirit's power and they then have publically denounced Him as being of the Devil.

When the book of Hebrews was written this first generation of people who saw Christ was still around. Things have changed since then. So I really doubt that particular sin is even possible now.

Upvote 0
T

ToBeBlessed

Thanks for the reassurance. I think I should go into more detail though. I was pressured into saying the sinner's prayer and was thought to be saved, but then I turned away because I didn't know what I was getting myself into and I didn't want to make that decision right away. So after that, I ended up saying some nasty things about that. Now that I believe without a doubt in Jesus Christ, am I still forgiven?

Jesus is faithful and will forgive you for any sin that you repent for.

1 John 1:9

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."

Acts 3:19

"Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord"

Matthew 6:14-15

"For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Jesus is faithful and will forgive you for any sin that you repent for.

1 John 1:9

"For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."

"Jesus is faithful and will forgive you for any sin that you repent for." (for those that belong to him)

Well said and Amen to that!

But you must repent and also be forgiving, to be forgiven yourself, is that what you are saying?

God Bless!

Upvote 0
L

lyndseyb

I'm really scared. There was a time where I was an unbeliever, and I would be skeptical and suspicious of Jesus. I even went as far as thinking Jesus is the devil in disguise. By thinking that, I committed blasphemy. I hope it's not blasphemy of the holy spirit. Nowadays, I believe in the bible and I believe that Jesus is truly the savior of the world without a doubt in my mind. Am I forgiven for such a blasphemous thought?

I have blasphemous thoughts.
It's part of my OCD.
But you know what's worse than that? I said the sinners prayer on more than one occasion but never felt any different afterwards. So I figured 'well it obviously hasn't worked then' and went back to claiming to be an atheist, even mocking Christianity, just as if I'd never asked God to be a part of my life. The stupid thing was even whilst claiming to be an atheist, deep down I always believed in 'something'. I just wasn't 100% sure what that something was.
I finally became a Christian properly last year. I became ill and called on God (pretty weird behavior for a so called 'Atheist' right?). I've since recovered from my illness and I haven't turned back to my old ways. And I completely believe in Jesus now. I have to trust that that's enough to be forgiven because that's all I can do. I can't go back and change the way I behaved in the past.

So here is the big thing. You have to trust. No matter how bad you feel about the things you've done, you have to trust in Jesus' mercy and forgiveness. I struggle with this immensely. I have faith but I have very little trust because all I see is the mistakes I've made and the sins of my past and wonder how Jesus could possibly forgive me? But Jesus said 'All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out' so I just try and cling to that promise even when I feel like I have no hope.

I have a little card that I got from a bible study at Church that has positive scriptures to meditate on, with headings like 'I am secure', 'I am accepted'. Something like that would help you I think.
Do you have positive scriptures memorized that you can recite when you're feeling scared?
Have you spoken to anyone at Church about how you feel?
As long as this doesn't turn into 'reassurance seeking' (i.e constantly asking for reassurance that you are saved, feeling better for a bit then keep needing to go back and ask for reassurance again) it can be really useful to talk to other Christian's whose opinion you respect and trust.
Oh and uplifting Christian music is great too. Sometimes 'Cornerstone' by Hillsong makes me cry. The lyrics really spoke to me when I was going through my battle with OCD and depression.

I will pray for you. :)

Upvote 0