Manila
✟34,975.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello guys, I'm just curious, every time I go to my home after work, I always find lost people or that is new to our Faith, but the Lord is faithful providing me those some people, So when I get home I always make a call to someone, different people to preach the Gospel or share some God's Word which is my desire.

Because before I always spend my time to video games, it makes me happy but it's just short term only. Right now my focus is just always study the Word of God and preaching the Word of God...is there anyone else doing this here? Sometimes I want to meet them personally but is that ok if it's phone call most of the time?

Btw, since I've became a Christian that was my habit already to study the Word of God, sometimes it takes me like 3-4hrs a day(during my lunch in work and after my work)

Please give me an advice to improve on this kind of situation or what else should I aware or get ready

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello guys, I'm just curious, every time I go to my home after work, I always find lost people or that is new to our Faith, but the Lord is faithful providing me those some people, So when I get home I always make a call to someone, different people to preach the Gospel or share some God's Word which is my desire.

Because before I always spend my time to video games, it makes me happy but it's just short term only. Right now my focus is just always study the Word of God and preaching the Word of God...is there anyone else doing this here? Sometimes I want to meet them personally but is that ok if it's phone call most of the time?

Btw, since I've became a Christian that was my habit already to study the Word of God, sometimes it takes me like 3-4hrs a day(during my lunch in work and after my work)

Please give me an advice to improve on this kind of situation or what else should I aware or get ready

You sound excited and that's awesome. These forums are a good place to learn the scriptures also. That way you get a broad scope of interpretations and decide which you believe in.

I'm not really sure how safe it is to attend church over there in the Philippines, but that is much needed for a good spiritual experience.

Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Aldrin25

Jun 7, 2019
Manila
✟34,975.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
You sound excited and that's awesome. These forums are a good place to learn the scriptures also. That way you get a broad scope of interpretations and decide which you believe in.

I'm not really sure how safe it is to attend church over there in the Philippines, but that is much needed for a good spiritual experience.

thanks for this info, ya, I learned a lot here in this forum, coz lot's of real scenario applying our Faith. =)

Philippines is a safe country to attend a Christian church, this is an open country, you know. :-D …

Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That's relieving that it's safe there. Yes your doing correct in sharing the gospel of Jesus the Christ. One of my favorite versus in the bible says as much: Matthew 10:32

"Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven"

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Also I should add that while you can be blessed with the Holy Spirit when using phone calls and using the forum. There is a great verse about being gathered for witnessing about Jesus. Perhaps you've already read it? Matthew 18:20

"For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them."

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, Aldren and Genny Pearl :) It is so good to have you sharing from the Philippines. I have share with a Christian lady from Manila for a while. She is an RN and a pharmacist and very honorable, I would say; she said she makes sure she works where a pharmacy owner uses her license, and she makes sure she counsels lower-income people so they buy drugs for the best price. So, I am very proud of her.

Aldren, to you know Tagalog or do you speak another Philippine language?

In English >

"casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." (1 Peter 5:7)

I understand that our Heavenly Father always succeeds in doing what He is committed to doing with us. So, simply trust Him to guide you.

My opinion is you use what you have. Talk with people in person when you can; share on the Internet; and use your phone. And trust God for how personal you can be with each person.

I am memorizing 1 Pedro 5:7 in Tagalog > here is what I have in my memory >

"Ilagak sa kaniya ang lahat ninyong kabalisa ang, sapagkat siya ay nagmalasakit sa kaniya." (1 Pedro 5:7)

But this is not correct > it needs to be >

"Ilagak ninyo sa kaniya ang lahat ninyong kabalisahan sapagkat siya ay nagmamalasakit sa inyo." (1 Pedro 5:7)

• Friendly
Reactions: gennypearl
Upvote 0

Aldrin25

Jun 7, 2019
Manila
✟34,975.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello!
I am somewhat in the same thingy. I’m not sure if it’s right for me to play games like I usually do. Awesome that you have more time to speak to people about the word!

I still play games but not unlike before it was 2 hours, right now it's only 30-60mins =) playing games is good, we need a time for a hobby but too much is bad.

Also I should add that while you can be blessed with the Holy Spirit when using phone calls and using the forum. There is a great verse about being gathered for witnessing about Jesus. Perhaps you've already read it? Matthew 18:20

"For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them."
ya, phone calls is so easy to communicate to many people...that's a nice verse ...to pray for one another =)

Hi, Aldren and Genny Pearl :) It is so good to have you sharing from the Philippines. I have share with a Christian lady from Manila for a while. She is an RN and a pharmacist and very honorable, I would say; she said she makes sure she works where a pharmacy owner uses her license, and she makes sure she counsels lower-income people so they buy drugs for the best price. So, I am very proud of her.

Aldren, to you know Tagalog or do you speak another Philippine language?

In English >

"casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." (1 Peter 5:7)

I understand that our Heavenly Father always succeeds in doing what He is committed to doing with us. So, simply trust Him to guide you.

My opinion is you use what you have. Talk with people in person when you can; share on the Internet; and use your phone. And trust God for how personal you can be with each person.

I am memorizing 1 Pedro 5:7 in Tagalog > here is what I have in my memory >

"Ilagak sa kaniya ang lahat ninyong kabalisa ang, sapagkat siya ay nagmalasakit sa kaniya." (1 Pedro 5:7)

But this is not correct > it needs to be >

"Ilagak ninyo sa kaniya ang lahat ninyong kabalisahan sapagkat siya ay nagmamalasakit sa inyo." (1 Pedro 5:7)

She's a very good lady if that's a case =) ..ya I'm a Filipino also

the verse you entered, I don't read tagalog version like that, it's very deep, we do have pinoy version here which is I very like, easy to understand and using NIV, and CEV at the same time =)

• Friendly
Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldrin25

Jun 7, 2019
Manila
✟34,975.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have been told that not all Philippine people speak Tagalog. Thank you for sharing with us :)
yes...coz there's a lot of language here hahaha, like bisaya, bicol, etc etc, not just tagalog...some pinoys here are having difficulty to speak tagalog.. :D

Upvote 0

Aldrin25

Jun 7, 2019
Manila
✟34,975.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Making friends with people seems to help them be receptive to the gospel.
That's what I do most of the time. It's very effective since it's biblical but I forgot the verse about that.

Reactions: Rescued One
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Making friends with people seems to help them be receptive to the gospel.

It's very effective since it's biblical but I forgot the verse about that.
Possibly you mean 1 Corinthians 9:19-23 which says Paul made himself all things to all people so that he could save some.

Also, in 1 Peter 3:1-4 we see how the good example of Christian wives can win a disobedient husband.

Reactions: Aldrin25
Upvote 0