Visit site
✟89,082.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I keep having blasphemous thoughts in my head. They sound a lot like me but I don’t agree with what they’re saying. Or is it the fear of it just putting it in my head?
Same. What do I do, sister? How do I overcome them?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
I keep having blasphemous thoughts in my head. They sound a lot like me but I don’t agree with what they’re saying. Or is it the fear of it just putting it in my head?
Ignore the thoughts. Think about something else.

Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

lexmhll

Conquerer through Him that loves us.
May 1, 2018
✟21,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I, too, suffer from very intrusive blasphemous thoughts. It does make you feel horrible and helpless, and the more you try and ignore or fight them it seems you think them even more. I find it helps to read the Bible and pray and thank Jesus that He forgives you for each and every one, no matter how many you think.
To me they’re a form of temptation to try and get you to give up or say the thoughts out loud, but don’t give up and don’t say them, just continue to pray to the Savior.
Also remember that these thoughts have no power over you, they can’t take away your salvation or make Jesus love you any less.
Romans 8:38

• Agree
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hello and welcome to CF!

If there's not a medical cause, the most likely thing is that it's temptation from outside.

It actually doesn't matter so much what the source is though. Putting too much focus on examining such thoughts actually makes them worse. And actively trying to oppose them when you have nothing to replace them with is usually counterproductive too. It's like the exercise that says "don't think about an elephant" ... and you're instantly thinking about an elephant.

I love what St. Porphyrios says. He explains that we do not overcome evil by fighting it. Rather, we turn to Christ in love and allow His light to fill us, and evil is overcome without effort. (Wounded by Love, St. Porphyrios)

You might also like podcasts on related topics ...

The Six Stages of Temptation - Acquiring the Mind of the Church | Ancient Faith Ministries

Our Thoughts, Feelings, and Memories - Speaking the Truth in Love | Ancient Faith Ministries

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Oh I've had this, first I refuted and rebuked the spirit and ordered it away in the name of Jesus, then I petitioned Jesus Christ to remove the spirit ( I took it as a demon). The next day I spoke out loud that you do not have a right to me, it's useless because I belong to Jesus Christ, so go away. Next came a vision out of a dream in which I was confronted by the source, Satan. And then it was gone. These enter you by projections. Something interesting I found in my studies of this stuff is Satan has access through any crack in our armor and he can shoot in a fiery dart, an impression if you will. But Satan does not have access to our silent thoughts. You want to keep yourself in the full light of Jesus Christ, your faith up and your full armor of God on. You access the full armor of God through the Word of God.

So an impression enters your mind ( could be some sort of sin or a weakness in your faith, just about anything as long as your guard is down). Once you have this thought it then festers in your mind, we are capable of turning that into all sorts of things which brings more doubt. You have to root it out by drawing nearer to Jesus. What I mentioned above is what worked for me. Also remember that Satan is allowed a certain amount of access to you according to God's will, just read the book of Job. Job is the perfect lesson in this stuff.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,055.00
Faith
Non-Denom

Well you can't stop the birds from flying over your head but you can stop them from building a nest there. In other words the devil or even your carnal mind, no need by the way to always try to figure out the difference will have or place thoughts in your mind that don't line up with God nor honor him. Reject those thoughts in Jesus Name and declare what you will mediate on and accept.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Also no fear in Christ Jesus, since perfect Love casts out fear ( in 1 John 4:18 )! Perfect Love to me means God and specifically in the second person IE Jesus Christ. Give no place to the devil, don't allow access ( Ephesians 4:27 ) . This would mean no thought, no actions that might allow him a foot hold on you.. The fiery darts I spoke of in my last post and the armor of God is in Ephesians 6, specifically 6:16
English Standard Version
"In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one;"

In my case I believe it was actually a test of my faith and allegiance to Jesus Christ. Just as in Job, but in my case it was a series of events over several months involving mental events and physical out side of me and inside of me (damage in my yard and health issues, near the end came the thoughts about Jesus). As in the video above after passing this test I now hear nothing from the devil. All is quiet presently at least ! But I know what to do if it gets noisy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jay1971
Upvote 0

Jay1971

Always seeking TRUTH
Site Supporter
May 12, 2018
Reading
✟43,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know what your talking about here, it has happen to me as well. It's a spiritual battle on a daily bases and everytime it does happen to me, I say get thee behind me Satan in Jesus name to let him know I know what he's trying to do.

I get over this by stopping the video game playing, changing my mind set and training my thinking with an on going and non stop learning of the bible and watching movies with spiritual meaning and everything about the word of God.

Your not alone, it does happen to others and your not going crazy, now it doesn't happen to me to much anymore and if it does pop it's head in my head here and there again just re-read the bold lettings what I do and move on... and if it happen way to often I would get on your knees and pray to the Lord to help with the renewing of your mind.

Upvote 0