England
✟807,263.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Alzeimer's and Dementia are mental illness that we should be more aware of. My Mother-In-Law suffers from Dementia at the age of 88 and my Father-In-Law suffers from Alzeimer's at the age of 92 . But many younger people suffer from this also. There should be no stigma attached and people need to be made aware of these problems and how to deal with those like this. Give us understanding and caring hearts,LORD.

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,073,277.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Here are some natural health helps which young and old can take, based on research. Colloidal gold, 1 to 3 dropperfulls a day. Tuna or other fish daily! Yes, fish is indeed "brain food". (I take chlorella to get rid of any mercury in the tuna.) Cinnamon, especially Ceylon cinnamon as standard cinnamon in large quantities may irritate the liver. Lots of it, over a tbsp a day. Some essential oils like vetiver and sandalwood and peppermint. Avoid lavender, as research shows it can cause short term memory loss. Turmeric may help and it great for aches and pains, at least 1 tbsp a day. Coconut oil, 1 to 3 tbsp a day. Some recommend MCT oil and hemp oil. You can do your own checking online to see the research on these products.

Avoid sugar except maybe in berries. Research is showing that dementia is a kind of diabetes of the brain.

Oh, and if you take chlorella you might want to kind of sneak up on it with very small amounts at first. If you are, often unknowingly, harboring heavy metals in your body at significant levels, then it can make you feel ill as the toxins are being carried out of the body. At milder levels chlorella can cause a temporarily red face, but at higher levels - again depending on levels of any heavy metals in your body - it can cause flu like symptoms.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟748,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
However advanced a person has progressed with Alzheimers Disease, they are still worthy of our dignity and respect. They may have severe cognitive impairments and memory and functional deficits, but they are still the same person. They should be treated as individuals and any care they receive should take into account their life history, their values and preferences. They have a right to choose and they should be supported as much as possible to do so.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,263.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Here are some natural health helps which young and old can take, based on research. Colloidal gold, 1 to 3 dropperfulls a day. Tuna or other fish daily! Yes, fish is indeed "brain food". (I take chlorella to get rid of any mercury in the tuna.) Cinnamon, especially Ceylon cinnamon as standard cinnamon in large quantities may irritate the liver. Lots of it, over a tbsp a day. Some essential oils like vetiver and sandalwood and peppermint. Avoid lavender, as research shows it can cause short term memory loss. Turmeric may help and it great for aches and pains, at least 1 tbsp a day. Coconut oil, 1 to 3 tbsp a day. Some recommend MCT oil and hemp oil. You can do your own checking online to see the research on these products.
That is very helpful'LoricaLady'. Thankyou.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,263.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
However advanced a person has progressed with Alzheimers Disease, they are still worthy of our dignity and respect. They may have severe cognitive impairments and memory and functional deficits, but they are still the same person. They should be treated as individuals and any care they receive should take into account their life history, their values and preferences. They have a right to choose and they should be supported as much as possible to do so.
Good advice sir!

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟748,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Some years ago, I was asked by some healthcare assistants whether it was OK to give cereal out to the elderly residents for their supper. I told them in no uncertain terms that it was not OK. I told them we had plenty of food in the kitchen and they should go and ask them to choose what they wanted for supper.

Since that time, it has always been my motto that the residents I am responsible for are not living in "care" or in an "institution". It is their home. They can eat what they like, when they like, can choose what activities they wish to take part in, they can choose when to get up, and when to go to bed. They can have visitors whenever they want. They can have their rooms decorated and arranged how they choose and even bring their own furniture in - as long as it meets the requirements for health and safety. I want them to not only feel at home, but to make it their home. There are some residents I know who I know used to enjoy a late night Chinese takeaway, so I always try to arrange this when I am on night shift. We have a duty to look after the health and care needs of people with Dementia and Alzheimers, but we also have a duty to promote their right to choose how they wish to live their lives.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,621,004.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Yes! How does it develop?
I believe it is the Western diet, sugar and processed food, also there is a realization that flour, rice and pasta turn into glucose in the body. All contribute...

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,073,277.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Some years ago, I was asked by some healthcare assistants whether it was OK to give cereal out to the elderly residents for their supper. I told them in no uncertain terms that it was not OK. I told them we had plenty of food in the kitchen and they should go and ask them to choose what they wanted for supper.

Since that time, it has always been my motto that the residents I am responsible for are not living in "care" or in an "institution". It is their home. They can eat what they like, when they like, can choose what activities they wish to take part in, they can choose when to get up, and when to go to bed. They can have visitors whenever they want. They can have their rooms decorated and arranged how they choose and even bring their own furniture in - as long as it meets the requirements for health and safety. I want them to not only feel at home, but to make it their home. There are some residents I know who I know used to enjoy a late night Chinese takeaway, so I always try to arrange this when I am on night shift. We have a duty to look after the health and care needs of people with Dementia and Alzheimers, but we also have a duty to promote their right to choose how they wish to live their lives.
Well, I hear your kind heart for those patients. But on the other hand, what if they are choosing things that are bad for them? I don't know if it is still true or not, but for instance Chinese food used to be laden with MSG which is awful for your brain and body.

• Prayers
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟748,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Well, I hear your kind heart for those patients. But on the other hand, what if they are choosing things that are bad for them? I don't know if it is still true or not, but for instance Chinese food used to be laden with MSG which is awful for your brain and body.
I think it's about getting the right balance. Promoting good health, but also balancing it with a quality of life.

For instance, if the resident was mobile but overweight, then eating all of the wrong foods would cause gains in weight and possible repercussions on mobility, reducing their quality of life. In that case, we would work with the resident, negotiating and agreeing a plan where they can continue enjoying the things they like, but in a healthier and more balanced way.

On the other hand, for someone who is terminally ill or with a life-limiting illness, the emphasis would be on making their final days as comfortable and enjoyable as possible and offering them the things that would make them happy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

What a beautiful post and I agree with everything you said. I wish your thoughts were the standard.
God bless you my brother.:sunflower:

Upvote 0

miggles

miggles
May 15, 2004
florida
✟40,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Alzeimer's and Dementia are mental illness that we should be more aware of. My Mother-In-Law suffers from Dementia at the age of 88 and my Father-In-Law suffers from Alzeimer's at the age of 92 . But many younger people suffer from this also. There should be no stigma attached and people need to be made aware of these problems and how to deal with those like this. Give us understanding and caring hearts,LORD.
i think maybe alzheimers and dementia are nature's way of protecting the old from missing their younger days. or not being able to do what they used to do. but if younger people have it too then that might be different.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,621,004.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
i think maybe alzheimers and dementia are nature's way of protecting the old from missing their younger days. or not being able to do what they used to do. but if younger people have it too then that might be different.
It is the Western diet,
no junk food, no sugar, organic veg and meat. There is a lot of information, keto is interesting, although once you have dementia, you can't reverse it I don't think

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Elteqay

Sep 12, 2019
Tampa
✟1,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

The is a horrible disease, the thing about it is your loved ones can and do enter back into reality....so be careful please.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟748,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
There are some medications that are helpful for treating Alzheimers in its early to mid stages. Cholinesterase inhibitors prevent the breakdown of acetylcholine which helps the communication between nerve cells which help with memory and cognition. For those who have difficulty taking tablets, some forms such as rivastigmine can be worn as a skin patch. This helps to slow down progression of the disease in its early stage.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,621,004.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
There are some medications that are helpful for treating Alzheimers in its early to mid stages. Cholinesterase inhibitors prevent the breakdown of acetylcholine which helps the communication between nerve cells which help with memory and cognition. For those who have difficulty taking tablets, some forms such as rivastigmine can be worn as a skin patch. This helps to slow down progression of the disease in its early stage.
I didn't know that!

Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟398,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Give us understanding and caring hearts,LORD.

I believe places like modern-day India or Greece
do not have this problem, they respect the eldery.

The societies of America, and most other Western
nations today are not only obsessed with youth,
but also openly hostile toward aging.

Negative beliefs about aging predict
Alzheimer’s disease in Yale-led study
Negative beliefs about aging predict Alzheimer’s disease in Yale-led study

https://www.researchgate.net/public...otypes_Predict_Alzheimer's_Disease_Biomarkers

Why the Alzheimer's Pandemic?

“We believe it is the stress generated by the negative beliefs about aging that individuals sometimes internalize from society that can result in pathological brain changes.”

“Institutionalized prejudice against aging is condoned by our society,” wrote Todd D. Nelson, an associate professor at California State University–Stanislaus. “Americans shun older people because they are obsessed with youth and beauty,” he said.

American sociologist Jean Potuchek said:
“Our society seems to assume that youth is a time when we are developing and when our bodies and minds are sharp and capable. Age, by contrast, is seen as a time when we are declining and our bodies and minds are dull and losing their capabilities.”

Experts say the media plays a major role in these perceptions. The elderly are usually painted as irrelevant, slow-thinking, chronically ill, unable to work, and burdensome. Their wisdom—if they are shown to have any at all—is depicted as outdated and useless.
-

The Young Should Honor the Aged, for good of
society , and for there own future well being.

God says younger people should “rise up before
the hoary head” and “honor the face
of the old man” (Leviticus 19:32).

God sees gray hair on a person as a “crown of glory”
People of all ages to view the elderly as He does.

“With the very aged is wisdom, and with length of
days understanding,” That doesn’t mean age always
leads to wisdom (see Eccl 4:13 and Job 32:6-9).

In general, people who have lived longer will have acquired more wisdom. And younger people benefit immensely from absorbing that wisdom into their lives.

If younger people learn to respect old age, they will also benefit later in their lives when
they themselves grow old.

People who succumb to negative thinking and feeling obsolete, it says, will sometimes mentally “retire.” And this withdrawal can actually change their brains in a way that leads to Alzheimer’s and other kinds of dementia.

“For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he.”

View old age as a problem, and it could be a problem. Expect your memory to fade, and it is likelier to fade away. See aging as an incurable disease, and it may well lead to incurable disease.

Psalm 92:14 says that “even in old age,” people can “produce fruit” and “remain vital and green”

The brain is a “use it or lose it” organ, avoiding challenges and reducing effort leads to
physical deterioration.
-

One Inspiring example in the bible was Caleb
(Joshua 14:7-11)

“I was forty years old when Moses the servant of the Lord sent me … to explore the land. …
Here I am today, eighty-five years old! I am still as strong today as the day Moses sent me out;
I’m just as vigorous to go out to battle now as I was then”

He was highly active, from age 40 to 85, wandering in the wilderness, fighting vigorous battles, walking many miles on most days. He lived in a society that respected its elders. His wisdom was valued.

Both of these factors greatly contributed to Caleb’s vigor. But Caleb pointed to a third factor, which he said was the major reason why he retained his vitality: I am still as strong today because

“I wholly followed the Lord my God”.

Upvote 0