Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
"The LORD is high above all nations; His glory is above the heavens. Who is like the LORD our God, Who is enthroned on high, Who humbles Himself to behold The things that are in heaven and in the earth?"--Psalm 113
Whenever you felt anxiety...Whenever you felt unhappy... If even for a minute, if you did not feel right or did not feel peaceful, ask yourself this question: Did I remember that God was there?

You can still feel on happy or painful or lonely when you remember that God is there; I'm sure that the people who were with Christ on the Cross certainly felt lonely or confused or painful. But feeling painful with someone, especially feeling it with god, is quite a bit different than handling it on your own. Sharing your loneliness with god gives it meaning; if I look back at the times when I was suffering, or lonely, or painful in any way, and I realize I wasn't sharing it with God at the time, I know something's not right. Christ didn't have to go through so much suffering, if he didn't want to be with us when we suffer. Handling our suffering on our own is not how we were meant to do it. There are also times when we really shouldn't be suffering, but forgetting about God's presence makes us feel alone when we aren't, or anxious when there should be peace.

Remember God's presence in the hard times, and those hard times will become very powerful and uniting us closer with our Creator.

May He bless us with the grace to do this!:pray:
God-Bible-and-Religious-Quotes-35497-statusmind.com.jpg

Curtis.Hilliker

Now what.......
Apr 25, 2011
Tehachapi CA
✟47,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
"The LORD is high above all nations; His glory is above the heavens. Who is like the LORD our God, Who is enthroned on high, Who humbles Himself to behold The things that are in heaven and in the earth?"--Psalm 113
Whenever you felt anxiety...Whenever you felt unhappy... If even for a minute, if you did not feel right or did not feel peaceful, ask yourself this question: Did I remember that God was there?

You can still feel on happy or painful or lonely when you remember that God is there; I'm sure that the people who were with Christ on the Cross certainly felt lonely or confused or painful. But feeling painful with someone, especially feeling it with god, is quite a bit different than handling it on your own. Sharing your loneliness with god gives it meaning; if I look back at the times when I was suffering, or lonely, or painful in any way, and I realize I wasn't sharing it with God at the time, I know something's not right. Christ didn't have to go through so much suffering, if he didn't want to be with us when we suffer. Handling our suffering on our own is not how we were meant to do it. There are also times when we really shouldn't be suffering, but forgetting about God's presence makes us feel alone when we aren't, or anxious when there should be peace.

Remember God's presence in the hard times, and those hard times will become very powerful and uniting us closer with our Creator.

View attachment 271896

Amen

• Agree
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello brother, I agree with you about everything you said in the OP :oldthumbsup:

I've often found that just looking for something (even the smallest of things) to thank Him for (in the midst of a difficult struggle) has been very helpful to me, because it helps me begin to remember His presence, that He is with me and for me, that He has not and will not forsake me :)

Your post also reminded me of a couple of my favorite books too, The Practice of the Presence of God ~Brother Lawrence and Knowing God ~Dr. J I Packer.

BTW, not only remembering His presence, but His promises to us as well can help see us through our trials, as well draw us closer to our Creator. Like Charles Spurgeon once said (with reference to Romans 8 & Hebrews 12 .. see below):

Spurgeon - Kiss, Waves, Rock of Ages.png

We know that God causes all things to work together for
good to those who love God,
to those who are
called according to His purpose.

Romans 8:28
God bless you :)

--David

Hebrews 12
5 “MY SON, DO NOT REGARD LIGHTLY THE DISCIPLINE OF THE LORD,
NOR FAINT WHEN YOU ARE REPROVED BY HIM;
6 FOR THOSE WHOM THE LORD LOVES HE DISCIPLINES,
AND HE SCOURGES EVERY SON WHOM HE RECEIVES.”
7 It is for discipline that you endure; God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom his father does not discipline?
8 But if you are without discipline, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate children and not sons.
9 Furthermore, we had earthly fathers to discipline us, and we respected them; shall we not much rather be subject to the Father of spirits, and live?
10 For they disciplined us for a short time as seemed best to them, but He disciplines us for our good, so that we may share His holiness.
11 All discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful, but sorrowful; yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness.

Last edited:
Upvote 0