OscarMana

Jan 3, 2017
Singapore
✟8,134.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
im 21, often feel like a failure in life despite knowing that God has a great plan for me out there. One thing I've been trying to find out is when I'll be actually ready to date a girl. I've never had an official relationship before and I shy away from girls in church and Christian girls for fear of rejection. I am considered quite a religious person by my peers but I wouldn't consider myself super godly, I'm still growing and starting to serve in the church ministries.
For some reason at this age I still feel awkward and nervous around girls, and even if there's a particular girl I fancy I'll be thinking she's way out of my league. Am kinda facing that now.

Archie the Preacher

Apostle to the Intellectual Skeptics
Apr 11, 2003
Hastings, Nebraska - the Heartland!
Visit site
✟38,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
OscarMana said:
For some reason at this age I still feel awkward and nervous around girls, and even if there's a particular girl I fancy I'll be thinking she's way out of my league. Am kinda facing that now.
Pard, look about you. You will see attractive women and girls with all manner of ugly, stupid, rude and shiftless guys. Presumably, you are not - at least - possessed of ALL those qualities.

It's an old concept, but nonetheless valid. The better you are in Christ, the better off you will be in all. I would suggest working first on getting comfortable with Jesus and letting the rest of it go for now. If you want to do something else about it, learn something - anything - well. Then you can always consider yourself competent at 'something'.

By the way: Like dogs smell fear, women smell inferiority complex. Trust me on this.

Upvote 0