Oklahoma
✟32,585.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What are some good ideas for resources that would be worth having over actual $?

Seeing as our money is fiat currency, and there have been times when money was rendered worthless (i.e. Germany pre WW2), I think it would be good to rely more on resources that have purpose instead of having more risk than money. And of course I think its good to still have money, but having resources as well give you more security. Any suggestions? Maybe things less popular and underrated? At the moment I'm thinking land, seeds, metals/materials, possibly some sort of tech.

I hope I don't come off as greedy, I want to find a moral balance between reasonable possessions and greed.

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Guns and ammo. Seems like they are flying off the shelf now. I do not drink liquor but I wold not mind having a still to make sanitizer or other spirits that could be traded. A generator and a pump are handy to have around for power outages and floods.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What are some good ideas for resources that would be worth having over actual $?

Seeing as our money is fiat currency, and there have been times when money was rendered worthless (i.e. Germany pre WW2), I think it would be good to rely more on resources that have purpose instead of having more risk than money. And of course I think its good to still have money, but having resources as well give you more security. Any suggestions? Maybe things less popular and underrated? At the moment I'm thinking land, seeds, metals/materials, possibly some sort of tech.

I hope I don't come off as greedy, I want to find a moral balance between reasonable possessions and greed.

Land rarely loses its value, in the long term.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I read in Isaiah today, roughly around chapters 24-28. It fit in this discussion.
Interesting that you should mention those passages in isaiah. I just listened to David Wilkerson's sermon entitled: In one Hour Everything is going to change, and he quoted Isaiah 24 as well. After hearing Wilkerson, who not only says sports will no longer be idols, but talks about New York and/or other cities buying nuked, you will step up your preparation. The problem as I see it is that all accounts might be worthless. If this is the case, then your resources are what you have on hand and what the government might be able to hand out (if anything).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums