Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
Coffee makes me sick to my stomach in the morning anymore. I think it might be because of my medicine, but regardless, I am going to need to find something different. I've tried matcha green tea, which has been great, but unfortunately, rather expensive. Energy drinks are a bit much for me. Considering just using Excedrin migraine pills or something of the likes. I get caffeine headaches, but maybe this would just be a good time to stop the addiction. It doesn't seem to be too bad. I can usually survive with one cup of coffee when.

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Coffee makes me sick to my stomach in the morning anymore. I think it might be because of my medicine, but regardless, I am going to need to find something different. I've tried matcha green tea, which has been great, but unfortunately, rather expensive. Energy drinks are a bit much for me. Considering just using Excedrin migraine pills or something of the likes. I get caffeine headaches, but maybe this would just be a good time to stop the addiction. It doesn't seem to be too bad. I can usually survive with one cup of coffee when.
Mint tea is good for the stomach. It did not cause nausea when I drank it. Peppermint is good.

Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟674,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You could try running coffee thru a Chemex filter. It filters out all the oils and makes the best coffee I've ever tasted. You have to pour it manually since the filter works so well it takes longer than a coffee maker. It's worth a try before giving up on the best beverage ever discovered. CoffeeSock (2pack) Chemex® Style Cotton Coffee Filter

• Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

.Jeremiah.

Jul 26, 2021
The South
✟21,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I recently started a process to get a little coffee flavor once a day, mid morning, as a “dessert treat”.

Make about 4 oz of instant decaf.
Freeze it. :)
Put 1 1/2 cups almond milk, the frozen coffee, and the necessary sweetener:) in a blender and blend until frothy.
Enjoy.

Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Dr. Gluckenstein

Sep 12, 2020
Lakeland
✟9,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
Thank you all so much! I do love mint tea, and should probably be drinking it more than I do. I get so sad, my tea always gets used up so fast!
Black tea is wonderful, and I think would be good if I could get my caffeine necessity under better control. I actually brewed myself a whole pitcher of green tea, but didn't drink it because I didn't like the pomegranate flavor additive in it.
I might have to try those Chemex filters, as well. I could get a pour-over apparatus and use that, maybe. That would be neat. Even so, I could probably just pour it over the coffee pot myself.
I actually have less of a difficult time drinking cold and frozen coffees for sure, but I haven't managed to get them to taste just right at home yet.
Thank you all for the replies!

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I like Yerba mate. It has about the same caffeine as a cup of coffee but apparently it's supposed to be a less jittery, more calm energy.
It is like the national drink of Brazil. I used to drink the Guayaki brand. Then I switched to Teeccino.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

I suffer from migraines, I had few years without coffee and I had less migraines. So quitting all caffeine profucts is one thing to consider, or atleast those which have high caffeine like coffee.
Have you tried mate- tea?

Yerba Mate Caffeine Content - All You Need to Know!

but if you want to drink caffeine free hot drink, any caffeine free tea is great.
Especially greentea, very healthy substitude for coffee.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
It's too bad Postum has gone up in price since it's reintroduction. It used to be quite cheap.

Pero is also OK. Also, Celestial Seasonings Roastaroma is very good.

Upvote 0

Kettriken

Feb 10, 2020
Pennsylvania
✟41,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
Thank you all so much! I do love mint tea, and should probably be drinking it more than I do. I get so sad, my tea always gets used up so fast!

Quickly used tea is just a good excuse to buy more and more interesting varieties! Or just buy the uber cheap varieties. We've all been there.

It's too bad Postum has gone up in price since it's reintroduction. It used to be quite cheap.

I vacillate between forgetting about Postum and remembering and missing it.

OP, another non-caffeinated option is ginseng. It can give you a nice boost in the morning or afternoon but doesn't make sleep difficult, unless maybe you took it right before bed. I used to make a tea from ginseng with a little molasses to mimic a coffee flavor.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Caffeine comes in pill form such as Vivarin and NoDoz brands. Those little 5hr Energy shots should also do the job. There's also caffeine snacks that are like little pieces of fudge or caramel I see in convenience stores. Chocolate/coca has a lot of caffeine.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Quickly used tea is just a good excuse to buy more and more interesting varieties! Or just buy the uber cheap varieties. We've all been there.

I vacillate between forgetting about Postum and remembering and missing it.

OP, another non-caffeinated option is ginseng. It can give you a nice boost in the morning or afternoon but doesn't make sleep difficult, unless maybe you took it right before bed. I used to make a tea from ginseng with a little molasses to mimic a coffee flavor.

Ginseng is a medicine/drug, and it's something people should be careful with. In Asia, there are people that abuse ginseng and end up with health problems, like heart palpitations.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kettriken

Feb 10, 2020
Pennsylvania
✟41,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
Ginseng is a medicine/drug, and it's something people should be careful with. In Asia, there are people that abuse ginseng and end up with health problems, like heart palpitations.

Indeed. It's a powerful plant. It is widely and safely used, but then again, so is caffeine. Dosage is important, as is individual health, constitution, and proclivity.

Upvote 0