"Alternate" Sex

docsinner

Feb 14, 2013
✟15,141.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is there any scripture that says oral/anal sex is a sin? I only see where it is against inappropriate behavior with animals, homosexuality, fornication/adultery but nothing about what type of sex married people should have EXCEPT in first corinthians 7: 1-5: Now for the matters you wrote about: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” 2 But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband. 3 The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. 4 The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife. 5 Do not deprive each other except perhaps by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. That is also the same area where Paul is saying that if one person THINKS something is a sin they shouldn't do it so if both man and woman agree upon it I don't see any scripture that says it's wrong. To me this is saying sex of ANY kind is wrong, and that as a consession we are allowed to give into our weakness. Also note the use of the word body, it does not say anything specific. The only thing I can draw from this is that sex of anykind is not (for lack of better word) good, yet God, out of love and mercy, has given us an out so that we can still be called righteous. Can anyone please tell me if I am missing some scripture because I am not claiming to be a scholar on the bible but I would gladly not do these things if they are in fact a sin. I just want to read it in the bible, not what another person thinks because I know there are plenty of people who will say it is wrong but cannot back it up with scripture.

AFollowerOfTheWay777

Worshipper Of Abba
Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
✟7,703.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Is there any scripture that says oral/anal sex is a sin?

No,....not at all! In the Old Testament, "sodomy" refers to men lying with men. The English word means “Unnatural sexual intercourse, especially of one man with another or of a human being with an animal.” Unfortunately, some (not all) Christian teachers have erroneously equated sodomy with anal and also oral sex. In the Bible Scriptures, sodomites specifically refer ONLY to male homosexuals or temple prostitutes (both male and female).

In contemporary usage, the term sodomy is sometimes used to describe anal intercourse between a man and woman. This is NOT the true contextual meaning of the biblical word at all. This misinterpretation has led to sexual frustration and lack of fulfillment within MANY marriages, which increases the percentage of marital failure and adultery. It should not be so,...when we already have EVERYTHING we need sexually to become satisfied and fulfilled with our soul-mate and Covenant-partner/spouse.

The "Song of songs" book by Solomon is VERY open and descriptive of two-way oral love-making, etc., and is extremely beautiful in it's poetic language about intimacy. This is one of my favorite books, which is filled with holy and hot, passionate romance.

Same as with performing oral intimacy (act of cunnalingus or felicio),...anal love-making is also righteous and extremely pleasurable between a married husband and wife. There are MANY Christians who do this on a regular basis during times of intimacy. As long as healthy hygiene is maintained, and everything is mutually done in a loving, safe, and non-painful manner which benefits both spouses, the marriage bed remains undefiled and holy. The body is the temple of the Holy Spirit from our heavenly Father (who IS love), and should be explored and utilized to the fullest of it's design and potential, as intended by our Creator. HalleluYAH!!!

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is there any scripture that says oral/anal sex is a sin? I only see where it is against inappropriate behavior with animals, homosexuality, fornication/adultery but nothing about what type of sex married people should have EXCEPT in first corinthians 7: 1-5: Now for the matters you wrote about: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” 2 But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband. 3 The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. 4 The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife. 5 Do not deprive each other except perhaps by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. That is also the same area where Paul is saying that if one person THINKS something is a sin they shouldn't do it so if both man and woman agree upon it I don't see any scripture that says it's wrong. To me this is saying sex of ANY kind is wrong, and that as a consession we are allowed to give into our weakness. Also note the use of the word body, it does not say anything specific. The only thing I can draw from this is that sex of anykind is not (for lack of better word) good, yet God, out of love and mercy, has given us an out so that we can still be called righteous. Can anyone please tell me if I am missing some scripture because I am not claiming to be a scholar on the bible but I would gladly not do these things if they are in fact a sin. I just want to read it in the bible, not what another person thinks because I know there are plenty of people who will say it is wrong but cannot back it up with scripture.

First, whenever we see the word 'alternative' used with lifestyle choices...it should raise a red flag regarding morality. The word 'alternative' is simply a soft-sell word indicating permissiveness and usually, a degree of perversion. We see this being played out today in many venues.

Secondly, God being pure/righteous/and infinitely caring and loving....is how we should desire to live on earth....to represent his very nature, character, and Person. When we look at anal sex, we see all kinds of consequences resulting from it which are morally dissending : An incredible amount of parasites getting on the persons skin paving the way for serious infection and other health risks / the tearing of the anus valve which was designed by God to be a ONE WAY valve to let excrement out...and nothing the size of a banana, in / and the demeaning nature behind anal sex whether hetero or homosexual . Just from a biological standpoint , this action surely contradicts Gods nature and thus his approval .

Thirdly, we see no such consequences arising from oral copulation providing the genitilia is void of disease already ., for numerous diseases can and do get transmitted orally. There is currently a huge increase in Teen Boys acquiring throat cancer from infected HPV females, for instance. (google for the reports) .

Finally, absolutely NOTHING sexually should take place unless BOTH parties are in complete agreement to the act under consideration...and the consideration should be only given to things that clearly do not violate Gods nature or common sense regarding spread of disease . Our sexuality is a gift from God our loving Creator...and he expects we treat it with the utmost of responsibility...and not based on the ever increasing whimisal pervertedness we find from a hyper illicit sexualized Culture which is foundationally Amoral .

Did that help at all ?

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Anal sex as with a number of things one has to take precautions. But I don't see how one gets from there to it being a sin as we have to take precautions with a number of activities in this life as not all things are inherently safe. For example snow skiing.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Anal sex as with a number of things one has to take precautions. But I don't see how one gets from there to it being a sin as we have to take precautions with a number of activities in this life as not all things are inherently safe. For example snow skiing.

No. Taking precautions doesn't eliminate something that is wrong and perverted to begin with .. it only makes it possible to do albeit wrong. Sticking a condom on then entering a Butt isn't a panacea -- condoms rip, tear, come off in passion, and aren't applied correctly much of the time. Further, the anus valve designed to let feces out was not made or intended to let a banana sized object , in ; with tearing of the anus valve disease-laden fecal bacteria can then enter the bloodstream causing serious issues. Further, making love with/in feces was never Gods original intent -- its a penis and vagina that are supposed to come together in the confines of marriage.

The trouble with Humans wanting to be their own authority on matters such as sexuality...is that they demand to do anything THEY deem permissible . The correct way to live is to make choices based on Gods loving absolute moral mandates, his very character and person, his intended design , and taking into account holiness instead of having a recalcitrant spirit which is pride and arrogance .

Reactions: Ezeretane
Upvote 0

Glowing

Christian Life Coach
Sep 23, 2017
American South
Visit site
✟17,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No,....not at all! In the Old Testament, "sodomy" refers to men lying with men. The English word means “Unnatural sexual intercourse, especially of one man with another or of a human being with an animal.” Unfortunately, some (not all) Christian teachers have erroneously equated sodomy with anal and also oral sex. In the Bible Scriptures, sodomites specifically refer ONLY to male homosexuals or temple prostitutes (both male and female).

In contemporary usage, the term sodomy is sometimes used to describe anal intercourse between a man and woman. This is NOT the true contextual meaning of the biblical word at all. This misinterpretation has led to sexual frustration and lack of fulfillment within MANY marriages, which increases the percentage of marital failure and adultery. It should not be so,...when we already have EVERYTHING we need sexually to become satisfied and fulfilled with our soul-mate and Covenant-partner/spouse.

The "Song of songs" book by Solomon is VERY open and descriptive of two-way oral love-making, etc., and is extremely beautiful in it's poetic language about intimacy. This is one of my favorite books, which is filled with holy and hot, passionate romance.

Same as with performing oral intimacy (act of cunnalingus or felicio),...anal love-making is also righteous and extremely pleasurable between a married husband and wife. There are MANY Christians who do this on a regular basis during times of intimacy. As long as healthy hygiene is maintained, and everything is mutually done in a loving, safe, and non-painful manner which benefits both spouses, the marriage bed remains undefiled and holy. The body is the temple of the Holy Spirit from our heavenly Father (who IS love), and should be explored and utilized to the fullest of it's design and potential, as intended by our Creator. HalleluYAH!!!

Very good answer! When hygeine, care, and mutual consent are involved, then the body can be enjoyed to it's fullest! I love how Song of Solomon and the beautiful imagery is mentioned. This is not a quick kiss or peck on the cheek, but over-the-top screaming "YES! YES! YES!" passionate sex.

No. Taking precautions doesn't eliminate something that is wrong and perverted to begin with .. it only makes it possible to do albeit wrong. Sticking a condom on then entering a Butt isn't a panacea -- condoms rip, tear, come off in passion, and aren't applied correctly much of the time. Further, the anus valve designed to let feces out was not made or intended to let a banana sized object , in ; with tearing of the anus valve disease-laden fecal bacteria can then enter the bloodstream causing serious issues. Further, making love with/in feces was never Gods original intent -- its a penis and vagina that are supposed to come together in the confines of marriage.

The trouble with Humans wanting to be their own authority on matters such as sexuality...is that they demand to do anything THEY deem permissible . The correct way to live is to make choices based on Gods loving absolute moral mandates, his very character and person, his intended design , and taking into account holiness instead of having a recalcitrant spirit which is pride and arrogance .

I completely disagree with this. To say that the anus is *only* there for fecal material would be similar to saying that the foot is only there for walking. Just as a foot is needful for balance, the anus is also present for enjoyment. There is nothing in scripture (no chapter or verse listed) that proves that this is agains God's moral mandates, or attempting to destroy His Holy character. Heb 13:4 states that Marriage is honorable IN ALL and the bed undefiled.

Just because an act requires caution and preparedness, doesn't mean it's wrong. An overeager newly wed husband can do great physical damage to a bride without caution. That is why slowing down, using good lubrication, allowing for the buildup of pleasure in the physical act is so important. The same instructions apply to anal sex. It too, When done correctly, can be very pleasurable.

The dictionary defines "recalcitrant" as a person with an obstinately uncooperative attitude. Obviously, this poster would be recalcitrant if his wife requested anal sex...i.e. He would be someone who would not be comfortable with anal sex. And that is ok, that is his right. But it doesn't mean that it is a sin or something that goes against God's mandates.

I'm always extremely cautious when people call something SIN that isn't clearly defined as sin in the Bible. Clear scriptural teachings WITHIN the right context are super important for the Christian else false teachers creep in as 1 Tim 6:3-5 says, "If anyone teaches a different doctrine and does not agree with the sound words of our Lord Jesus Christ and the teaching that accords with godliness, he is puffed up with conceit and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy craving for controversy and for quarrels about words, which produce envy, dissension, slander, evil suspicions, and constant friction among people who are depraved in mind and deprived of the truth, imagining that godliness is a means of gain."

Upvote 0

Ovlov90

Dec 7, 2017
Napanoch
✟12,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Hahahaha
Very good answer! When hygeine, care, and mutual consent are involved, then the body can be enjoyed to it's fullest! I love how Song of Solomon and the beautiful imagery is mentioned. This is not a quick kiss or peck on the cheek, but over-the-top screaming "YES! YES! YES!" passionate sex.

I completely disagree with this. To say that the anus is *only* there for fecal material would be similar to saying that the foot is only there for walking. Just as a foot is needful for balance, the anus is also present for enjoyment. There is nothing in scripture (no chapter or verse listed) that proves that this is agains God's moral mandates, or attempting to destroy His Holy character. Heb 13:4 states that Marriage is honorable IN ALL and the bed undefiled.

Just because an act requires caution and preparedness, doesn't mean it's wrong. An overeager newly wed husband can do great physical damage to a bride without caution. That is why slowing down, using good lubrication, allowing for the buildup of pleasure in the physical act is so important. The same instructions apply to anal sex. It too, When done correctly, can be very pleasurable.

The dictionary defines "recalcitrant" as a person with an obstinately uncooperative attitude. Obviously, this poster would be recalcitrant if his wife requested anal sex...i.e. He would be someone who would not be comfortable with anal sex. And that is ok, that is his right. But it doesn't mean that it is a sin or something that goes against God's mandates.

I'm always extremely cautious when people call something SIN that isn't clearly defined as sin in the Bible. Clear scriptural teachings WITHIN the right context are super important for the Christian else false teachers creep in as 1 Tim 6:3-5 says, "If anyone teaches a different doctrine and does not agree with the sound words of our Lord Jesus Christ and the teaching that accords with godliness, he is puffed up with conceit and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy craving for controversy and for quarrels about words, which produce envy, dissension, slander, evil suspicions, and constant friction among people who are depraved in mind and deprived of the truth, imagining that godliness is a means of gain."
Hahahaha that made me laugh! I enjoy my anus twice daily~ first w/in twenty min of wakeing then between 2:30~3:00pm. Just like clock work my anus does its job!!! And I do enjoy it!
Sorry but the phrasing just caught me. Thanks.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Traditionally, up until a few decades ago (the 70's), oral and anal sex was considered sodomy and were technically crimes in most states, regardless of the gender of the participants. Modern evangelicals may not see it that way but that just shows how much the sexual revolution has had an influence on everyone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Guy Incognito

Matt 6:25-34
Sep 27, 2009
Hamilton, Ontario
Visit site
✟73,158.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others

^100% this. And for some, anal sex may be (temporarily) the only way the married couple can have penetrative sex. For some women who have vaginismus (and penetration is not possible due to the pain), the anus may be looser, allowing careful penetration. I would not call that sinful.

Upvote 0

Jon Osterman

Jan 23, 2018
Glasgow
✟59,048.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Solomon was quite clearly an evil pervert. The Song of Songs should never have been included in the Bible. It is an awful book.

Upvote 0