✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hehe...
Yes, I knew the fixation and squirming demonstrated was in zealot overreaction to my using a generalized "... the democrats". But the assumptions, injections, and foolishness in some having to come in and drone on against their inserted imaginations did seem ridiculous enough to watch for a bit.

I appreciate the attempt JustOneWay, but I'm actually fine in my generalization of 'the democrats'. The current democrat ideology and alignment with today's liberalism doesn't lend itself to my having to draw containment lines where I have no reason to believe there are.

Have a nice day. :)

And the petty insults continue....

This whole time you have been trying to make people the focus instead of the posts. There is no injection at all...the post blaming "...the Democrats" was clearly meant to charge the Party instead of the person and that is why you made it a point to link TWO stories stating the perp is the son of an elected Dem. I probably look like a stubborn fool for continuing this but frankly I don't care.

I would love to see some posts trying to defend the blaming of Dems for one idiot but even they can see I and Criminology are correct but the code can't be broken so there is silence. It's simply a sad witness and an embarrassing cancer in the Body of Christ when we can't get even a glimpse of honesty because being politically correct is oh so more important.

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Is Prayer Your First or Last Action?
Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Here is the problem with that narcissism- you're vastely out of your realm of authority in trying make everyone post only things with which you agree. :thumbsup:

So there has been a graduation from editing my posts to now straight making false statements about what I have said? I've never even come close to claiming people have to post things I agree with. Looks like a classic case of projection.

Also looks to me like since the mile long string of bait got ignored it just gets ratcheted up a notch. Putting words in my mouth only further proves my point that this is not about fellowship. There are probably 8 or more posts in the last two pages that try to make this about me, personally, instead of addressing the actual contents of the posts. The codespeak on the insults is even funnier, as if if they impress anyone or upset me...lol.

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
How can we expect republican party members to refrain from being dishonest when the republican presidential and VP candidates themselves are engaged in systematic dishonesty and deception?

Well some of us are capable of being honest and have the unbelievable audacity to question if Palin is worthy of a Vote. Looks like some decided to vote for her based on nothing more than the fact she is the nominee. It's like high school without the bad pizza at lunch.

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You know what they say about arguing on the Internet...

I don't care and iam tired of this farce. This thread gets used to slam others who may or may not be a part of CF then when those slams get called out we hear "It's a fellowship thread!" You know as well as I do fellowship is not built on peeps getting together and tearing others down and that's what this thread produces on a regular basis. Why? It's simple...making the charges in here provides an illusion of protection. Fellowship is about learning and growing with each other and sometimes that means disagreeing but it also means it's always being honest and not exploiting a venue to throw jabs then cry foul when those jabs get called out.

If peeps want a fellowship thread then make it about fellowship. Honor the reasons stated for the thread. Don't exploit it to slam others then cry out for help from Staff. When the stated reasons for the thread are betrayed then there is no room to complain about others' posts. There are some in here I like a whole lot but you know what? We can't have a simple freaking convo because even when I make a non-political post or a political post most agree with they just get ignored and the silly sideways jabs start and the Tags get edited to flame within the rules. Staff may ban me for this and if that is what happens then so be it. At least it would be worth it for being straight up about the thread.

Reactions: Athene
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟180,867.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
How do others interpret "unsubscribe"? It does not appear to mean what I thought it did.:doh:
In relation to CF it means when a new post appears in a thread in which you have subscribed, the thread will show up in your control panel (even send you a PM or email if it is set up as so). RealDeal unsubscribed and no long receives a notice that there is a new post in the Safer House.

That is what it means....

I sense your disappointment because you thought it meant he would no longer post in this thread.

Upvote 0

Athene

Grammatically incorrect
Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
✟42,546.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
One wonders what kind of willful blindness it takes not to see what a pompous, dishonest, and dangerous man he is. Just look at the Jesus/community organizer thread and you'll see his sycophants trying to claim he was wildly successful as a community organizer when his claim to fame is fixing some toilets before the city reneged.
But to some, he can do no wrong.

To all.

If you want this to be a fellowship type safe house thread then you need to stop making posts like the above. You are not going to have a thread to take pot shots at democrats and Obama safe in the knowledge they can't refute you because this is a 'fellowship thread'.

We will protect the fellowship status of this thread if you keep your posts to fellowship, the weather, your health, positive things about a McCain government as examples. We will not protect it if the invasions are caused by posts such as the one quoted above.

Athene
Society Admin

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KarrieTex

HOOK EM HORNS
Supporter
Nov 2, 2006
Houston, Texas
✟38,214.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
To all.

If you want this to be a fellowship type safe house thread then you need to stop making posts like the above. You are not going to have a thread to take pot shots at democrats and Obama safe in the knowledge they can't refute you because this is a 'fellowship thread'.

We will protect the fellowship status of this thread if you keep your posts to fellowship, the weather, your health, positive things about a McCain government as examples. We will not protect it if the invasions are caused by posts such as the one quoted above.

Athene
Society Admin

And in all due respect that is BUNK...plain and simple BUNK.

If idiots like fill in the blank with your fav RINO can OBSESSIVELY bash Bush then we birds of a feather should have the RIGHT to say what the heck we want about obama.

Reactions: HerbieHeadley
Upvote 0

Sphere

Sep 29, 2003
✟8,980.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Athene is dead accurate. There appears to be a double standard here by many republicans, they want it both ways. The ability to bash the "opposition" through dishonesty, while simultaneously silencing the republicans here (like me and Neverstop) who point out that dishonesty.

In any event KerrieTex, there are no "RINOs" here, and what you claim is occuring is not accurate.

Upvote 0

Athene

Grammatically incorrect
Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
✟42,546.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
And in all due respect that is BUNK...plain and simple BUNK.

If idiots like fill in the blank with your fav RINO can OBSESSIVELY bash Bush then we birds of a feather should have the RIGHT to say what the heck we want about obama.

You have the right to say what the heck you want about Obama, and I have the right to refuse too acknowledge this thread as a safehouse if the problem is caused from within.

If the purpose of this thread is for conservative Republicans to fellowship, and to discuss their political party and politicians without constant negativity and criticism from others then I will support you in this and work with you to keep it that way. If you want a place to make pot shots at Obama and the Democrats then I will not help you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Athene

Grammatically incorrect
Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
✟42,546.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Athene is dead accurate. There appears to be a double standard here by many republicans, they want it both ways. The ability to bash the "opposition" through dishonesty, while simultaneously silencing the republicans here (like me and Neverstop) who point out that dishonesty.

In any event KerrieTex, there are no "RINOs" here, and what you claim is occuring is not accurate.

No, KarrieTex is accurate, Bush bashing does occur as well as Palin bashing and general Republican bashing.

Upvote 0

QuiltAngel

Veteran
Apr 10, 2006
Somewhere on planet earth
✟15,847.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I hope the same admonishment is being made in the Democrat safehouse. There are posts there which is bashing the Republicans.

I am thinking that there are several different meanings of fellowship. It looks like fellowship for this thread is now being defined as anything off of politics. So there is no place like minded individuals can go and discuss the pros and cons of either party without the other party being able to come in and debate?

I know lots of time where fellowship in the real world among like minded people talk about things they can not talk about amongst those who disagree with them. But, it looks like that type of fellowship is not allowed here.

Reactions: HerbieHeadley
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RealDealNeverstop

Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You have the right to say what the heck you want about Obama, and I have the right to refuse too acknowledge this thread as a safehouse if the problem is caused from within.

If the purpose of this thread is for conservative Republicans to fellowship, and to discuss their political party and politicians without constant negativity and criticism from others then I will support you in this and work with you to keep it that way. If you want a place to make pot shots at Obama and the Democrats then I will not help you.

Is it really any mystery who was being referenced with the "...idiots like..." insult?
http://christianforums.com/showpost.php?p=48653498&postcount=2526

This is an example of one the major problems because "safehouse" gets confused with "safe from the rules." Staff can't babysit threads and they shouldn't have to but the fallout of this pattern is posts like the two referenced above aren't rare so it becomes somewhat commonplace to say such things in here and the carry over into other threads creates a perception of bias because those kinds of posts get reported whereas in this thread they simply get repped.

The other problem seen is the incessant accusation of calling others RINOs. I've been a registered Republican since 1989, except for about a 4 year period where I was an Independent. There have been numerous Republicans on CF who stated the reason they don't post in threads like this is because they can't fellowship with other Republicans and discuss the Party because there is a rigid gauntlet in place. It's not like Republicans like myself are simply make things up to justify being a Republican and the OP link in my sig demonstrates this beyond doubt yet no matter how often I invite a debate on the matter that gets ignored and the RINO accusations continue at light speed. It's reached a point where the litmus test is about people instead of Politics.

Many of us think it would be awesome to be able to discuss our Party without posts from other Parties distracting the dialogue but the simple fact is there is no discussion on the Party. One could pick any ten pages of the thread and count on one hand how many posts actually focus on the Republican Party.

Let me give an example. Last month Palin was in church when the founder of Jews For Jesus said Israel suffers terrorist attacks because they reject Christ. As a Republican it makes sense to question if it is wise to support a candidate. who did nothing in response to such rank anti-semitism. Another example is the senior pastor from her old church (which she is still active with) said back in 04' he would question anyone's Salvation if they voted for John Kerry. Isn't it reasonable to ask why we should support a candidate who supports Christians who use politics to claim people aren't "really" Christians?

Things like that reveal the heart of the issue because if the focus was on our Party then we would discuss the issues instead of simply accusing people of being RINOs.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.